Whats your biggest gripe with most PC hardware manufacturers?

I HATE when they post "features" with fancy names that don't mean anything to the people buying it. Its like I have to fight through a sea of BS every time I go on a manufacturers website to look at hardware.

I HATE when they post "features" with fancy names that don't mean anything to the people buying it. Its like I have to fight through a sea of BS every time I go on a manufacturers website to look at hardware.

Pretty much this. No wonder I don't like apple, they do it with everything :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I hate the majority of the designs of some GPU's. Especially ones targeted to gamers. If they made cards that looks as sleek and professional looking as the reference cards, especially the 700 series and 900 series, I'd be so much happier. 

I still believe that this is the best looking card that has ever been released in recent years. 

evga_geforce_gtx_680_sc_signature_plus_0

EDIT: I would happily, if I had the money, sell my 770 and get the reference 970 just for the sleeker looking shroud. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Voltage Controllers on all hardware piss me off they are never beefy enough for me.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I hate the majority of the designs of some GPU's. Especially ones targeted to gamers. If they made cards that looks as sleek and professional looking as the reference cards, especially the 700 series and 900 series, I'd be so much happier. 

I still believe that this is the best looking card that has ever been released in recent years. 

EDIT: I would happily, if I had the money, sell my 770 and get the reference 970 just for the sleeker looking shroud. 

Most of the time I don't mind what the cards look like. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Are your graphics cards never fast enough? Throw more voltage and fanspeed at the problem! :P

Thats what I already do, and yet Voltage Controllers are still limiting my cards. The most I can throw at them is 1.4V before the Voltage Controller will start having issues.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

-snip-

That's why I went hunting around for 770's with the Titan Cooler design.

|King Of The Lost|

Those techie shop's internet page's. In our country especially. When they don't translate the spec's right and there are all kind's of miss spelled info. 

Failure is not an option!

The over current protection on my 580, or graphics card's that have a limited fan speed in the BIOS. Like, limiting the max fan speed to 80%. However, this was removed with a BIOS update. Still don't like it though. I don't understand the theroy behind, "I'd like to reduce the TDP of this heatsink".

I have never had to deal with OC protection (No money for a card worth overclocking) but it sounds like it sucks  -_-

Most of the time I don't mind what the cards look like. I do understand where you are coming from though.

For someone who loves somewhat professional looking components. Granted, my keyboard isn't so professional looking right now. I also have a window on the side of my case and I would rather have good looking internals than flashy "gamer" gear. 

That's why I went hunting around for 770's with the Titan Cooler design.

When I was in the market for a card, I was hunting high and low for a reference model available, but the ones I came across were out of stock. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

When manufacturers name their products in such a way that you have no way of telling the difference between two. For example, what is the difference between a Gigabyte F2A88X-HD3 and an F2A88X-D3H? Also have a look at Intel's NUCs and servers.....

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Lack of RGB LED's on lower end (970 etc) gpu's

Lack of RGB LED path lighting on motherboards

Lack of Purple/black motherboard

Lack of RGB LED's on RAM modules.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lack of RGB LED's on lower end (970 etc) gpu's

Lack of RGB LED path lighting on motherboards

Lack of Purple/black motherboard

Lack of RGB LED's on RAM modules.

You really like LEDs don't you.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Pc cases where the headphone port is at the bottom half of the damn case, no one likes that crap, stop doing it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I hate it when brands say that their cases are "high performance." The way that would mean something would be if it had good cooling performance but if the case then THEY COULD FUCKING SAY THAT INSTEAD OF CLAIMING THAT IT JUST PERFORMS WELL.

evga_geforce_gtx_680_sc_signature_plus_0

I read that PNY XLR8 GPUs have loud fans but if PNY put on a better fan I wouldn't mind a PNY GPU but Asus is nice too.

Also @Sauron the only fancy naming thing that Apple does that I can recall is Fusion Drive they could call it by what it really is; a Hybrid system for a smaller SSD and a larger Hard Drive. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Pc cases where the headphone port is at the bottom half of the damn case, no one likes that crap, stop doing it.

TBH, I wouldn't mind that, I'm using earbuds until my HD800's show up on ~Wednesday, so I'm using earbuds for the time being.

I can't use them with my amp because I'm sure they'll spontaneously combust, so I have to use them with my onboard.   They don't reach the back panel, but they fit the front panel.  Since my PC is on my desk to my left, having the jack on top makes it allllllllllllllmost not reach.  If it were at the bottom it'd reach perfect and I'd still have some wiggle room.

Totally a use case dependent scenario though, as I'd assume most have their pc on the floor or near the floor atleast.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You really like LEDs don't you.

I like the option to have LED's without having to mod and install them myself. I just like things that glow lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I like the option to have LED's without having to mod and install them myself. I just like things that glow lol

RGB LED lights get fun when you can set them up to change within games. For example, when you die they glow red, when you shoot they flash orange/white, when you go into dark areas they go dark ect.

When looking to buy a high current usb charger, they put the maximum amperage/watt of ALL the ports on the charger instead of giving them according to each port.
"Oh you need a 2A charger for your tablet? Here's a dual usb port 2A 10W charger!"
Nope... It's 2x 1A 5W.

And then, my new gripe with certain manufacturers (In this case, DELL), putting a square Micro A port on the Venue 8 Pro instead of the usual trapezoid shaped Micro B port(WHO DOES THAT!? WHY!?), yet selling their chargers and all accessories, with Micro B. So now you're in a situation where your cable could technically fit both ways but if you put it the wrong side you can break the port of the tablet.

All My Hate.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Also @Sauron the only fancy naming thing that Apple does that I can recall is Fusion Drive they could call it by what it really is; a Hybrid system for a smaller SSD and a larger Hard Drive. 

"retina!" (based on an arbitrary ppi value they chose)

"up to 8x faster!" (no mention of which benchmark or workload they're referring to, not a number to be seen)

"better experience!"

"everything that makes iphone iphone!"

all examples of "features" which don't really tell the user anything precise about the product.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My biggest gripe is how things look. Specifically GPUs... I feel they have gotten uglier and uglier since the 600 series. A few gems out there, like the ACX 1.0 and Asus Strix don't look too bad...

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless