Sli 3 660ti or 2 680

Dat_Bullet

Again, simply put, the cooler GPU's run, the better they perform. 660ti x3? Thats a lot of heat that needs to be dissipated. I would go with the 690.

2xGTX 670s, they can overclock to GTX 680 levels.

The 660tis might be a bit better in raw performance, but think about wattage and what you will be playing. If you reach over 60FPS on your 60Hz monitor, then you're just wasting horsepower, hell, I think more than 1 GTX 670 is a waste unless you plan to max out Metro 2033, which is almost impossible!

Why do so many people have problems with high settings for Metro? I have two 560tis and I run everything maxed out (except for Texture Quality - the 560ti only has 1GB of video memory) in 1080p with ~40FPS.

Not all GPU intensive applications scale well in SLi and tri-SLi will always scale worse than SLi. If it is between 2 680's or 3 660ti's, 2 680's will be a far better choice since the performance is equal in many games and 2 cards will always be better than 3 cards for the same performance (less heat, more space, less power, etc.)

Here is a GTX660ti review with tri-sli results as well as GTX680 2way SLi results: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_660_ti_windforce_oc_review,24.html

And another GTX680 SLi review: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_sli_review,15.html

I don't think that games in the future will be supporting 3-way SLI better than they are doing right now. SLI (especially >2-way) was, is and always will be too expensive for the average user. Therefore only few people use it. And if only few people are using it, there's no point in making your game work better with three or more cards.

Can I ask wich resolution are you going to use ? cause I see many people take like 2 680 or something else for 1080p .
wow its simply overkill 0o' my brother use an evga 670 gtx @ 1050 with 2560x1600 and he have constant 40 fps on bf3 maxed ( I have 60fps(capped) on 1080p with a 670 non oc )

A direct answer to your question would be to go with dual GTX 680s; another question you should ask yourself is do you need dual 680s? Personally, a better option would be to get a single GTX 680 and - if you really need the extra performance, to buy another one in the future when they have dropped in price. Very few people really need dual GTX 680 performance and, as a result, it's always a good idea to take a smaller step. It's easier to get a second one than to sell the second when you realize you don't need it!
if you run higher than 1080p on a 120Hz monitor, you can benefit from dual 680's.

Based off of your resolution, dual 680's would be a perfect choice. A 690 would be a good option if you don't want to waste two more PCI expansion slots. Also if your going for maximum performance and want the best, go with the highest end cards. What kind of frame rates are you expecting and at what kind of graphics quality levels are you looking for?

i think 2x680 will be better

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

1. 3 x 660ti is cheaper than 2 gtx 680's

2. SLI does not scale so great after 2 cards, same as CF X

3. why waste money on 3 mid cards when you can just buy 1 high end, sell it next year when a new generation comes out, and buy the newest flagship ( maybe not NV maybe AMD, who knows who will be best next generation... )

4. if you ignore my points above, at least consider this, GTX 690 costs the same or cheaper than 2 x GTX 680's, you will have less power draw, more memory for high resolutions, less heat, and the only real drawback is not being able to overclock a lot.

this is my point of view, so take it or leave it, and i hope this helps in your decision. GL

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)