What sounds better?

Jussy

Hi,

I live in an area where there aren't many electronic stores, therefore have to buy most of my devices online. Hence whenever I am buying headphones I cannot listen to them personally, unless i buy them. 

So i wanted to know, according to you guys do the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros sound better or do the Sony MDR-1R sound better.

I listen to various genres such as indie folk, little bit of pop, some EDMs etc.

If you guys have different headphone suggestions that would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

@NannerBeans has owned both, he can give a good opinion on both for you.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Hm well they are both great headphones but I found the pads on the Sonys to be more comfortable because they are softer but they are smaller than the COP and is more comfortable to carry around. I think the Sony wins in terms of being more friendly to on the go and the detachable mic doesn't have a locking mechanism so it can be used with any 3.5mm cable which is a huge plus. Sound-wise, the Sonys have thumpier bass. I don't remember too much about the COP other than I was disappointed in them since I came from DT770s and I find those to be better sounding. I couldn't find a setting on the bass ports that I actually liked and on the contrary, I like the Sonys the first time I put it on. Long story short, I'm much happier with the MDR 1R and they're currently my on the go headphones for work. 

On a side note, damn am I popular enough to get tagged like ShearMe does all the time? :D

No, I'm just good at remember things like this. :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Hm well they are both great headphones but I found the pads on the Sonys to be more comfortable because they are softer but they are smaller than the COP and is more comfortable to carry around. I think the Sony wins in terms of being more friendly to on the go and the detachable mic doesn't have a locking mechanism so it can be used with any 3.5mm cable which is a huge plus. Sound-wise, the Sonys have thumpier bass. I don't remember too much about the COP other than I was disappointed in them since I came from DT770s and I find those to be better sounding. I couldn't find a setting on the bass ports that I actually liked and on the contrary, I like the Sonys the first time I put it on. Long story short, I'm much happier with the MDR 1R and they're currently my on the go headphones for work. 

Thank you. I think I will probably settle with the MDR 1R's then. Just one last thing do you have any information on the Sennheiser Momentums?

On a side note, damn am I popular enough to get tagged like ShearMe does all the time? :D

Stage 1: Nobody knows you

Stage 2: You get tagged for help. You are now a pro. You are now happy.

Stage 3: Getting tagged gets fuckin' annoying. Now you rage.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Thank you. I think I will probably settle with the MDR 1R's then. Just one last thing do you have any information on the Sennheiser Momentums?

They sounded fairly nice but were way too uncomfortable. Also Sennheiser doesn't use a 3.5mm socket for the detachable cable. 

I don't own both, but tried both, and yeah, MDR-1R FTW. They got a new version, the MDR-1A (quite pricier though).

COP, as with other Beyer's, got quite sturdy built. Just by holding it, you'd know it would stand mild abuses with no problems. MDR-1R, however, got less sturdy built. Feels like those 'use with care' devices. 

Stage 4: you get tired of answering the same questions so you stop posting as much and everyone forgets you

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

wot u tryin ta say