You know you're a techie when. . .

SAW WHAT!

NOTHING DAD

*LEAVES*

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

When you build your first PC ever, and after watching everyone saying that you should test outside of the case first, you decide that you'll just do it inside the case right away, because what's the worst thing that could happen.

And you press the power buddon.

And the computer boots on your first try, everything working perfectly, except the RAM, which you promptly adjust to the correct frequency.

And you smile.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I know im techie when:

1. Im on LTT
  2. I open a cmd at school
  3. Use Photoshop
  4. Bringing usb with a lanyard with all the useful stuff in it: AVG, Malwarebytes, Ubuntu, CPU-Z, HardwareMonitor, Steam, etc
  5. And im a techie when i select it at dota 2

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Carrying an Ethernet cable everywhere you go, because it's just better.

doesnt apply why would a techie close the site in the first place.

I'm on my phone, so it always closes.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

When you say only the tiniest thing that sounds remotely techie and then everyone swarms to you for tech advise.

When you spend days just searching pcpartpicker and building computer lists for certain price brackets.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

When a tech-salesman is trying to sell you rubbish and you are able to explain to him why his product is rubbish.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

when you carry your own router to school because theirs are shit and every classroom has an ethernet outlet..

when you carry a 128GB usb 3.0 drive in your wallet where your change should go

when your dad gets angry when he realizes that once again you've hooked up your laptop to the tv instead of the cable modem

when you have random monitors on top of bookshelves that may or may not work

when you want to use you bag for something else and you first have to take out : a router, 3 patch cables (1m), 1 patch cable (25m), 2 crossover cables, three vga cables, some random headphones, laptop charger, two mice, a laptop, a tablet, a tablet stand, AC to usb 2Amp charger, 5 micro usb cables, 2 mini usb cables, an arduino and A book..

when you start talking with a tech buddie in a room full of non- techie friends and you make a joke yet you two are the only ones laughing.. the rest just stand there in silence judging you..

when you realize the looks arent the problem why you dont have a gf..

i could go on.. 

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

When you get annoyed when an advert says "With brand new 4th generation Intel Core i7" without being told the model number, clock speed or turbo clock.

When you HAVE to check the specs of the PC you're on, line and clock speeds.

EDIT: When you correct a salesman selling you a SATA data connector even though I wanted a SATA power connector, and asked him for it specifically with a picture.

EDIT: When you correct a salesman selling you a SATA data connector even though I wanted a SATA power connector, and asked him for it specifically with a picture.

when you need to carry a picture of what you want to buy 

When you are at microcenter and help someone after a salesperson tells them to spend a ton more than they really need to.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

When you underclock your cpu because overclocking is too mainstream.

When you can casually name most PC parts and useful software without even having to think about it.

I second you mate.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

When you get a strong desire to bring a mechanical keyboard to class with you, if only so you don't have to use the school-provided keyboard.

When you get a strong desire to bring a mechanical keyboard to class with you, if only so you don't have to use the school-provided keyboard.

Brings in Cherry Reds

Because he had a hard drive.

I want to do that, but I feel I'd get yelled at for bringing my keyboard with MX Blues, and would bring my other one with MX Clears and people would begin asking me why the hell they take so much force to press down and why I can do it easily... I actually bottom out Clears with no real trouble. :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

When you cry whenever you see a PC running Vista...

If you cry when you see Vista, it just goes to show how uninformed you are.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

If you cry when you see Vista, it just goes to show how uninformed you are.

It could just run Windows 7 or 8 but no.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I want to do that, but I feel I'd get yelled at for bringing my keyboard with MX Blues, and would bring my other one with MX Clears and people would begin asking me why the hell they take so much force to press down and why I can do it easily... I actually bottom out Clears with no really trouble. :/

I can bottom out my mx blues pretty easily as well, I'd love to get a K70 RGB with MX clears. IF they exist

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I want to do that, but I feel I'd get yelled at for bringing my keyboard with MX Blues, and would bring my other one with MX Clears and people would begin asking me why the hell they take so much force to press down and why I can do it easily... I actually bottom out Clears with no really trouble. :/

Good thing my keyboards have Browns then, not nearly as noisy.