You know you're a techie when. . .

When you realize that 99% of computer science majors know absolutely nothing about computers. 

When you constantly have a tech forum open on any and all devices you have with you. 

When you count down the minutes before the regular daily tech/game sale/s occur/s.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

When you have very expensive headphones that aren't beats B)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

When you invest money in your rig for that 10% performance increase that makes you feel good  :D

When you are the person who fixes everyone PCs around the house and they look like you are a hacker...

.. but in reality you just press "no" on the Antivirus, delete some stuff from C: if it is full, and delete some Malware that they definitely did not install

When you don't call yourself a `techie` because the word for a `non-techie` is unknown. Why would you need words for both day and night, when you only know of day? Only then do you form true self-awareness.

When you have a lot of friends that ask your help for their pc all the time, and never give you something back.

Negative issue that i had for a while actually, but i managed to get rid of these idiots... Tbh such persons can't be your friends.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

You pay over 500 dollars for any single PC part. 

PSU AX850 Processor 3930k @ 4.2  Motherboard Asus x79 Sabertooth Ram Gskill Ripjaw Z 32gb 2133Mhz GPU EVGA GTX 780 reference HDD 128gb Samsung 840 Pro Monitor Asus pb278q Case 800d Cooler H100i Audio Interface Mbox mini Monitors JBL LSR305's

You know that you're a techie when you stay up on friday night to watch WAN-show

I would but the WAN show starts at 4 AM (or 6 AM) my time

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

When I just resolved a dispute between a couple (Strangers) on what Laptop they should get.

Because he had a hard drive.

when every single person at your workplace consults you on anything tech related, no matter how obscure it may be.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

When you troll people around by disabling the touchpad with Fn+F? and they ask you for a mouse #Truestory xD XD xD

Don't get mad, get even...

I would but the WAN show starts at 4 AM (or 6 AM) my time

Noob, they start at 1-2AM in my time zone, yet I still watch them ;p.

Only if I'm tired or have something important the other day I skip and watch the archive.

Sadly I'm banned (dunno why) from the Twitch chat, which was a fun bonus of watching it live.

when every single person at your workplace consults you on anything tech related, no matter how obscure it may be.

Teacher- Hey (Pugs501) can you help me with this?

Me (Pugs501)- Sure...

Teacher- My Laptop isn't connecting to the internet, can you fix it?

*As I scanned the laptop I found the issue*

Me (Pugs501)- Hey Teacher, I found your issue.

Teacher- What was it?

Me (Pugs501)- Your laptop was in Airplane Mode.

Because he had a hard drive.

You pay over 500 dollars for any single PC part. 

*cough*5960X!!*cough*

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

when you buy your products according to colour and won't buy anything else if it doesn't fit with your choice unless you repaint it

When you don't call yourself a `techie` because the word for a `non-techie` is unknown. Why would you need words for both day and night, when you only know of day? Only then do you form true self-awareness.

because you cannot be self aware if you can't define what is yourself and beyond yourself.

• 1 month later...

You see a commercial promoting a app and someone supposedly using it in a Windows phone, only for it only to be available on iOS and Android

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When you browse ebay and see a GPU for a good price and after excitedly checking details - remember that you wanted it 2-3 years ago :)

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB