CNN uses Surface Pro 3 as an iPad Stand

GoodBytes

Microsoft product placement with CNN failed, where the commentators of teh US election event coverage were using the Surface Pro 3 as an iPad stand, or hidding their ipad behind it.

b1p8qg4iaae003d.jpg

B1qpgwBCAAA9JL2.jpg

Bad luck Microsoft. Maybe they should tighten their deal, such as no other device allowed in the news room, and force them to use the device, and provide them training on how to use it. Just putting the device on the table will results in such failure, especially that you are asking non-tech savvy people to try and use a device they know nothing about, or how to use it.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/neobytes--the-us-elections-featured-cnn-announcers-using-a-surface-as-an-ipad-stand

HAHA thats hilarious

This is just like when they sponsored NFL (I think) and everyone kept commenting on their new iPad... even though it was a surface

EDIT ...Just wanted to add that Microsoft are USELESS sometimes, but especially when it comes to advertising/promotion

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

lol good one cnn. the one's who complained who 4chan was.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

HAHA. This is gold.

MS must be really pissed. I wonder if they will do something about it.

I'm laughing because this is hilarious but saddened I'd love to have a fricken free surface pro 3...

I can kinda understand them

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

People are dumb enough to not understand that an iPad is a tablet and that the two words aren't interchangeable - that is until it comes to purchasing or using one, in which case they absolutely know which one is Apple.

Hint:  It's the overpriced fruity one they just purchased whole you were reading that last sentence because they were likely dumbfucks and spent hundreds of dollar's on Apple's album collection.

I bet it's Apple being sued by Microsoft, not Samsung.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hint: It's the overpriced fruity one they just purchased whole you were reading that last sentence because they were likely dumbfucks and spent hundreds of dollar's on Apple's album collection.

So the hundreds of millions of normal consumers who buy Apple stuff each year are dumb fucks?

I...I just can't comprehend the level of stupidity here.

If there's anything I've learned between this and the NFL commentators, its that TV personalities are a special breed.

Although that goes far beyond just technology. Trying to listen to just about any TV news anchor/host/commentator for more than a few minutes will make you want to bang your head off the wall.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

So the hundreds of millions of normal consumers who buy Apple stuff each year are dumb fucks?

I...I just can't comprehend the level of stupidity here.

It's ok, don't strain yourself sweetheart.

lol

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

too funny

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

one they just purchased whole you were reading that last sentence because they were likely dumbfucks

Well fuck you very much, I love my iPad. and iPhone for that matter... I also love my custom built rig and custom built home server that I implemented myself.. and alienware laptop

Holy shit I must be THE most hated person on the forum

Oh well

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well fuck you very much, I love my iPad. and iPhone for that matter... I also love my custom built rig and custom built home server that I implemented myself.. and alienware laptop

Oh well

Well...

I've got a rMBP, iPhone, iPad, custom built rig, the best TV on the planet (its only 60Hz, imagine what this forum thinks of me) and I use a membrane keyboard with a Razer mouse. 

So how much hate is that worth to the children of this forum? 

Well...

I've got a rMBP, iPhone, iPad, custom built rig, the best TV on the planet (its only 60Hz, imagine what this forum thinks of me) and I use a membrane keyboard with a Razer mouse. 

My response.. I love you

Forum response: you pathetic fucking idiot you should have an android something and a 144hz IPS dildo something

ANYWAY

this is just funny that microsoft provided this tablet thinking it would be useful... not realising that the software CNN used was probably an app designed specifically for the iPAD that does not work on the surface

I doubt they are going to be using MS office and internet explorer... they will be using bespoke software that was made for them specifically for iOS

They probably don't know how to use it...

jk

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Oh well

Thank you for this, @Spooty why would you call Apple users dumbfucks? I absolutely hate a**clowns like you, who hijack EVERY fucking thread in order to distribute Apple hate. Does it give you some kind of pleasure to do so?

Comments like yours don't help anyone, they just annoy people who happen to use and think positively of Apple devices, which includes more people here than you might think.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

jk

Well it could be true. Who knows how it went. They probably came to the news room, and there you go, you have Surface Pro 3, and then the producer just says "advertisement - product placement.... and we are starting in 3....2....1...". So, we don't know.

Microsoft should give up on this. Give up not on product placement but give up on product placement of this kind. With NFL deals and this it's obvious they are casting a massive net, trying to capture all kinds of people. Well that shit don't work.

Remember how Nintendo was when the Wii U came out? They targeted both the casuals and hardcore. They failed to get either.

Focus is important in advertising. You have to establish who you want to market to and stick with them.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

jk

I would bet more on migrating being a pain in the bum then them not knowing how to use a Microsoft platform. I can dig the lack of respect for news anchors, pundits and pseudo-journalists; but seriously the majority of these people likely spent years using MS office and OS.

Well...

Well, I have a console...

(and a custom rig, but do you think that haters care? :D )

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Thank you for this, @Spooty why would you call Apple users dumbfucks? I absolutely hate a**clowns like you, who hijack EVERY fucking thread in order to distribute Apple hate. Does it give you some kind of pleasure to do so?

Comments like yours don't help anyone, they just annoy people who happen to use and think positively of Apple devices, which includes more people here than you might think.

Tossing your money at a collection of DRM is a fools errand in any aspect, be it iTunes, Steam, Play Store, whatever.  You don't own anything there, you're basically leasing it until it's no longer available.

Everyone I know that has stayed with Apple hasn't done so because they legit believe Apple products are the best available.  They have done so because they don't want to lose out on the money they've dropped on apps and music they acquired on the AppStore/iTunes that they can't take elsewhere with them.

Despite admitting they don't like the direction they are taking, hating both new iPhones, loathing nigh on identical iPad releases, lamenting the lack of innovative design throughout the existence of the iPhone compared to other manufacturers and general disappointment and malaise for the brand since the 4 and 4S,  they will still buy into every version and upgrade at the first possible moment.

If you want to continue to blindly buy Apple then fill your fruity boots mate.

If you want to continue supporting child labour and encouraging the extreme exploitation of human rights then please keep paying over the odds for your underpowered shiny fruit tat to get mad at strangers on the Internet with.

Apple may not employ those child labourers directly but they are responsible and accountable and they continue to turn a blind eye (Child labourer numbers have actually increased in the factories since this incident was first brought to light a number of years ago) to the breaching of rights of those employed by their contractors.

We could bring up that despite sucking up billions upon tens of billions in revenue globally, they store the vast majority of their wealth offshore and squirrel it away using incredibly well paid lawyers so to avoid paying taxes, yet the common man can be jailed for tax evasion in the order of a few thousand...  Apple actually dictates to the US Government how much tax they will pay.

We could go on to discuss the toxic chemical clouds around the factories that build iphones and ipads that have cause a 10x increase in the number of reported cancer victims in the surrounding villages.

We could talk about them breaching your personal and privacy rights every day, or by boring us into giving them away in endless EULAs, let alone all the shady shit they're up with Google, Facebook and our pals at the NSA (hiyas!!!).

Ultimately I've given up caring what people buy because they don't care about any of that shit above.  I'm guilty of it too with my embarrassing Steam library -there is so much junk in that trunk that Nicki Minaj is green with envy and most likely hair dye. Not when we have endless shopping for tat we don't need to make us feel a little happier, a little less lonely, something to check every 5 mins to fill that void inside you that devours pointless tweets and meaningless status updates. People will buy what is appropriate for them or because a paid for placement/celebrity, those two are sadly interchangeable, made it seem like the better option.

So yeah I do get a little pleasure out of seeing people get their panties twisted into the impossible when it comes to stalwartly defending the atrocity that is Apple, but the effect is over too soon and much like jerking it to pictures of your ex it has diminishing returns which ultimately leads to sadness and contempt for the human species.