Anxiety question.

So i've got a bit of a question. And since i've seen a lot of people on here say that they have anxiety issues i hope i can get an answer.

Now before you say that i should see a doc. I already have. And i have an appointment for tomorrow where i'll hopefully get some kind of help from a therapist.

But for this i'd like to have an answer from someone that is not a doctor.

This is also a half vent thread. Since i feel better when i write stuff down. 

Some background.

So during school today i started feeling worse and worse and worse. My heartrate was going up and down like a yoyo and i genuinely felt like a sack of s**t

I thought i could stick it out until the end of the last class. But an hour into it got even worse so i quickly told the teacher that i had to go out for a bit. 
I found a calm little place where i could try to calm down in the school building. But it just got worse. 
There were four points where i felt like my heart was about to stop. But as i am one of those people that doesn't want to worry anyone i thought i could deal with it. (Yes i am a moron)
But in the end it was no use. As i got to the point where i was about to pass out i called for an ambulance.
(I thought it was a heart attack since i couldn't breathe and i got stabbing pains)
And when it showed up they did an EKG and decided to bring me in and keep an eye on me. They also took 8 tubes of blood for testing.
Funny story about that though. I hate needles. But i just steeled myself and they got to poke a needle into my left arm. And afterwards they took the first 6 vials of blood.
Now. This needle was the one that they attach to your arm for iv's. So they rinsed it through with a saline solution before closing it.
This of course meant that they could not take blood from that needle for a short while since it would be a poor test. And they had to stab another needle into my right arm...

They ran another ekg test and then hooked me up to a heart rate monitor while the tests were being done. And surprise surprise.. Everything came back clean.
Then i was asked some questions and the doctor is sending me to a therapist tomorrow for a final diagnosis. He is 99% sure it's anxiety.
But he was not allowed to give me that diagnosis. That's up to the therapist... Yaaaaay~ bureaucracy.....

My question is. Since i've been dealing with light to moderate levels of anxiety for two years up until now. But i got hit hard by this. And the doc reccomended anxiety meds.
How do they affect you? Im not a fan of any kind of mind altering stuff so im a bit worried.

TLDR.
Felt like i was having a heart attack. Thought i was about to die. Turned out to be a severe panic attack. Went to the doc. He's reccomending therapy and meds.
How does the medication affect you? Im not a fan of any mind altering stuff. Am worried 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My mother was in your position a few years back.

The doctor prescribed her the wrong amount of Xanax, and she was laying on the bed like a high potato. Thankfully, she is fine, but what I would do to get that motherfucker and kick the shit out of him.

I am unsure of the effect on emotions. But in some of cases, you can get hooked on the shit. But I can't say the same for other meds to control anxiety.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Uhhhhh do ant depressants/ mood stabilizers count

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

just take a chill pill, try not to get worked up.

also be weary of xanax ive seen people get hooked on it

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I used to have (well still do, very under control) anxiety disorder. I have had it major under control for 2 years. It would feel like what you mentioned having a heart attack. Meds did not work well at all. I ended up going to a counseling and therapy and it worked well. 

My mother was in your position a few years back.

The doctor prescribed her the wrong amount of Xanax, and she was laying on the bed like a high potato. Thankfully, she is fine, but what I would do to get that motherfucker and kick the shit out of him.

I am unsure of the effect on emotions. But in some of cases, you can get hooked on the shit. But I can't say the same for other meds to control anxiety.

I don't want to be a high potato  :(

Uhhhhh do ant depressants/ mood stabilizers count

Probably.. I have no idea

just take a chill pill, try not to get worked up.

also be weary of xanax ive seen people get hooked on it

Well. It just comes out of nowhere or at least that's what it feels like. Trying not to get worked up worked with the lower levels of anxiety. But this time it was 1000 times worse.

Im not sure xanax is legal in sweden though. Which might be a good thing

I used to have (well still do, very under control) anxiety disorder. I have had it major under control for 2 years. It would feel like what you mentioned having a heart attack. Meds did not work well at all. I ended up going to a counseling and therapy and it worked well. 

I hope the therapy works. But just in case i'd like the meds to be functional in these kinds of situations.  

The "Heart attack" Feeling just really ruins the day a bit.. 

And a teacher had to lead me down the stairs because i was too dizzy to manage myself.. Which was a bit embarrasing

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"