Heavily modified Fractal Define R4 with dual 180mm and 360 radiators

d33g33

MY GOD.

544 holes pre-tapped for drilling tomorrow.

All done with a phillips head screwdriver and rubber handle on a hammer.

Thank god thats over...

RjPoPdM.jpg

How did you make them so perfectly aligned?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Obviously some form of witchcraft. ^_^

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

which fans are those if you don't mind me asking?

The 3x on the top are 2150rpm Sythe Gentle Typhoons, The 4x large 180mm fans are SilverStone Air Penetrator 181's

I printed out a grid of 1cm squares and stuck it down and then went along and tapped a screwdriver at every intersection. I stole the idea from someone else's build log. Worked a charm!

So today I finished the 4x 180mm fans with custom lengths and sleeved.

Also made up a gasket so the fans cant draw in air from anywhere but through the fan filters. Also found some self tappin screws to help keep the front panel on. 

Tomorrow I hope to get a fair way through sleeving the PSU cables. Then just tubing to go anddddddd IT WILL BE ALIVE

So I have started the sleeving again, this time heatshrinkless. Wow, so much easier and looks so much better!

Here was my first attempt a few months ago

VLxtpUq.jpg

And now my heatshrinkless attempt :) Very, very happy.

3jLdjPj.jpg

Also another quick look at how the PC is coming along (phone pics)

Pretty much everything in apart from tubing and cabling. Cables on the rear showing all fan wiring (7x fans + 4x low speed switches) and front panel cables.

Ye6OPga.jpg

1sfws5s.jpg

The 3x on the top are 2150rpm Sythe Gentle Typhoons, The 4x large 180mm fans are SilverStone Air Penetrator 181's

I printed out a grid of 1cm squares and stuck it down and then went along and tapped a screwdriver at every intersection. I stole the idea from someone else's build log. Worked a charm!

do you have the 2150 rpm GT's undervolted? And if so, what voltage, I saw you had 4x5v and 4x7v so I was just wondering which were running at which

I'm looking at buying some sytche gentle typhoons, but can't decide on which RPM to get, (I'll have 2 480mm radiators, 60mm thick when I finish my loop)

I'm thinking of getting the 1450 RPM model, and then using my fan controller to run them at 40% most of the time, then only let em run at full speed if I need to benchmark or something.

at 40% they'll spin at around 600RPM, which should be silent unless I put my ear to them.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

do you have the 2150 rpm GT's undervolted? And if so, what voltage, I saw you had 4x5v and 4x7v so I was just wondering which were running at which

I'm looking at buying some sytche gentle typhoons, but can't decide on which RPM to get, (I'll have 2 480mm radiators, 60mm thick when I finish my loop)

I'm thinking of getting the 1450 RPM model, and then using my fan controller to run them at 40% most of the time, then only let em run at full speed if I need to benchmark or something.

at 40% they'll spin at around 600RPM, which should be silent unless I put my ear to them.

1850rpm is the most common, i'd recommend these, they will be silent @ 5v and the slightest whisper at 7v. I'm running the 3x Typhoons @ 5v and the 4x Silverstone AP's @ 10v 

Update time!

First I have to say my soldering skills seems to be getting quite good now!

ejnRbWc.jpg

This is for a controller that is required for my PSU to run in Hybrid mode, it kinda sucks that i have to run this for it to run this way, I didnt realize the Corsair PSU's did. When I was looking this was the only PSU that advertised that it ran in a Hybrid/passive state under low wattage, oh well I know better for next time. Though in all that I have contacted CoolerMaster and their technical support is absolutely fantastic!

Sorry for the blurry pictures, I do intend on taking some quality shots when teh build is complete, these are just kind of as I go...

6+8pin

npQD7Iw.jpg

24pin

4LndAzj.jpg

EPS was a PAIN IN THE BUTT to get in here underneath the top 360 radiator

1KvA5Gq.jpg

Success!

XTVJCwQ.jpg

All together now!

OghQyS8.jpg

Hmm the bottom compartment is going to be full... proper full when this is all over. Just Molex and Sata to go!

LS0tQYJ.jpg

Speaking of Sata, how to manage this tree of SSDs....?

dlESklL.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, tomorrow I start rigid acrylic bending!

Strange.. I actually thought the heatshrinked sleeving was pretty good.. especially for first attempts.

MY GOD.

544 holes pre-tapped for drilling tomorrow.

All done with a phillips head screwdriver and rubber handle on a hammer.

Thank god thats over...

*much holes, many patience*

Holy shite, that's amazing! Not quite as many holes as I did for ZEUS, but a lot

cleaner and better alinged. Very nice!

Also, awesome work on the rest of the build. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Holy shite, that's amazing! Not quite as many holes as I did for ZEUS, but a lot

cleaner and better alinged. Very nice!

Also, awesome work on the rest of the build. :)

I actually recounted and there is 595 not 544 :S I never want to do it again.

I actually recounted and there is 595 not 544 :S I never want to do it again.

Oh I completely understand, much more than I would ever like to. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Haha it's so true. Very few know our pain...

That's because they're sane(-ish)...

Is so sexeh. :wub:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Wow so its together, full of water.

I was so nervous about filling it, its been so much work and I hate the phrase but I have to use it, "what a journey"

Lets just re-cap whats gone on here.

• Made all PSU, and fan cables custom length and re-sleeved all
  • Swapped GTX670 for GTX780Ti
  • Swapped out Black Ice GT240mm Radiator for an Alphacool XT45 360mm Radiator
  • Swapped out XSPC RX240mm Radiator for an Alphacool 180mm Dual XT45 Radiator
  • Cut out roof and fitted Koolance 360mm radiator shroud
  • Cut out front and create a whole new front panel for the dual 180mm radiator
  • Drilled out front door with 595 holes (it needed mentioning) for airflow to the front radiator
  • Created gasket for front panel ensuring filtered air-flow
  • Swapped out tubing for rigid acrylic
  • Created a false floor
  • Cut out a custom side-panel & window

I think that's it...

I want to post pictures but I just put the side panel on and lit up the lights and fell off my chair, I am so, so, so happy with the result.

Will take some decent photo's with the light and post them up.

Thanks to all who have followed this build, It has been a very long winded one but a lot of fun. 

I am already planning a new build for X99, code-named "Beast Mode"

Glamour shots to come :)

SWEET! :D I could help noticing in the side on pictures that everything looks lopsided. Just me?

The PC isn't lined up with each tile or grout line so that;s why it looks weird. 

I haven't had time to take some really good shots but here's a teaser for you. Up and running well :) This is teh view when i'm seated, I could get used to this! :)

a8rwSsD.jpg

very nice and clean look!  good job man.

Corsair 350D + AF Quiet Edition | Asus VI Gene ROG | 4770K OC 4.6ghz | H100i + SP Quiet Edition | 16gb DDR3 1866 Dominator Platinum | EVGA GTX 780 Ti OC | Corsair AX860 | 840 Evo SSD x2, WD Scorpio Black | Asus VG248QE + G-Sync | Ducky Shine 3 | DeathAdder 2013

that is one sweet clean looking build. Realy nice job!!!