Heavily modified Fractal Define R4 with dual 180mm and 360 radiators

d33g33

NUC'S are awesome, I have one 8gb @ 1600, 90gb ssd running 8.1 as my HTPC, I love it

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

Wow :o I need to do that top mod now lol

I had a lot of trouble because of the sabretooth, if you can get a normal rad in there then you could get a 360mm in without using the shroud to retain the cleaner look of the R4.

Awesome =) Like the tubing!

Thanks, I found it hard actually... Im not happy with it as its not perfect, I would like to redo it all with 16mm tubing.

I lovbe the hell out of that dual 180 rad :D, Nice work with the build.

Yea that's the show-piece for sure. A lot of work went into making that work. Not just the new panel but then reworking the chassis then the front door, then the gasket for the fans to the front door for dust-proofing. There is a lot in there that you cant see to make that work. However... I probably should have just gone 2x 180mm in pull... would have made things a hell of a lot easier...

NUC'S are awesome, I have one 8gb @ 1600, 90gb ssd running 8.1 as my HTPC, I love it

yeah the NUC has been re-purposed as a HTPC in the bedroom, its working out well. I would like to quieten it down if possible, maybe look at an aftermarket passive case for it.

Really nice build. Love the way you've got the three perfect SSDs mounted in the back there.

Any chance of moving out of Victoria as it's electricity is almost 100% brown coal and say to a State like Tasmania where it is 70% renewable? Also Tasmanian temperatures would be far better for your chance of overclocking and they need the boost to their economy.

Really nice build. Love the way you've got the three perfect SSDs mounted in the back there.

Any chance of moving out of Victoria as it's electricity is almost 100% brown coal and say to a State like Tasmania where it is 70% renewable? Also Tasmanian temperatures would be far better for your chance of overclocking and they need the boost to their economy.

This is a very odd post...

Victoria also supply to NSW through those coal power stations and NSW have some of their own as well, are you going to move state? Suggesting to someone leave their home state can be an insulting thing to say... I'm not quite sure how to take this one. If my company was to offer me a job in Tasmania (or WA) and pay me the same I would move tomorrow however. Suggesting to someone that they should move to a different state because our primary source of electricity is from brown coal is a ridiculous thing to suggest, almost as ridiculous as suggesting someone to move to colder weather for a higher overclock, (btw temps aren't my issue, high voltage is).

Perhaps if your trying to encourage renewable energy and discourage fossil fuel this isn't the best method to address these issues.

Dayle.

I'm pretty sure 100% of all coal-based power stations in Australia are brown coal...

Moving because of how your electricity is generated is stupid.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

• 2 months later...

Nice build, that front panel is something else. What speeds are you seeing with 4 x raid 0?

Nice build, that front panel is something else. What speeds are you seeing with 4 x raid 0?

Really not impressive as they are on a sata 2.0 controller, it was more for a big single volume

jRI717j.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wow your build is awesome, I love the clean look :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

great build :D  :D

|CPU: Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHZ |Motherboard: Asus Z77 -V lx2 Full atx |RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz |GPU: 2 X ASUS AMD Radeon HD7850 2gb Crossfire |Case: Corsair Carbide 300r |Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb2 Samsung 840 120gb ssd raid 0 |PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ PSU |Display: lg 32" 1080p 60Hz |Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + 4Noctua NF-P14 scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller |Keyboard: SideWinder X6 |Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 |

Wow your build is awesome, I love the clean look :)

great build :D  :D

Thanks for the comments guys! The R4 has been rocking along at 4.6ghz 24/7 since it was finished, no issues.

Now im planning for a build into a NCASE M1 and an X99 build in a Caselabs SMA8. Its going to be a slow build but I want to get right into the customization of it. Should be good fun!

What tubing and fittings did you use?

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

• 2 weeks later...

w00,

Got featured on JayzTwoCents TechTalk #51 @ 54mins this week.

Nice! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yay air penetrator!

It was weird when I walked into frozen CPU and asked the guy at the desk for an air penetrator, but no shipping because I biked there

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

All water cooling suppliers in Australia are either closing or just not carrying much stock anymore. Soon we'll have to bring everything in from the USA.

You are not buying enough stuff to keep them in business. :P

But yeah, that does rather suck. :(

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

You are not buying enough stuff to keep them in business. :P

But yeah, that does rather suck. :(

We're in the process of moving to the other side of the country, once there ill get set back up and get my NCASE M1, Test Bench, G5 or SMA8 X99 on its way... That should be enough... It would be awesome if I could order all the parts from FrozenCPU at once because that box would be amazing...

Any chance you could redo the run from the cpu block to the top rad?  All your other bends are more or less right angles, so that one run is killing the symmetry imo.  Plumbing looks pretty good aside from that.

Any chance you could redo the run from the cpu block to the top rad?  All your other bends are more or less right angles, so that one run is killing the symmetry imo.  Plumbing looks pretty good aside from that.

Yeah I had 4 cracks at it and at number 4 was like 'whatever lets just get water in this thing'

If I was staying with this setup I would def look at redoing it but I'm moving to a whole new platform in a new case so it will get torn down and parted out soon...

• 3 months later...

for those that don't know, the R4 has been sold :( it was actually really hard to watch this thing go to its new owner but, i'm glad it went complete and didn't get parted out.

The funds are being put towards a new build labelled 'Mini Validus" an NCASE build.

Please have a look at the build log here :)

• 4 weeks later...