Heavily modified Fractal Define R4 with dual 180mm and 360 radiators

d33g33

Hehe, now that's solid! :D

Nice dog, too. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

not much left of the original design of the case :) but it's so nice!!! Keep it up, very nice build.

not much left of the original design of the case :) but it's so nice!!! Keep it up, very nice build.

Yeah its had a bit of a chop The front door and the opposing side panel haven't been touched though :)

So I painted up the front plate and rivited it in today.

I ran in to quite a few issues where I have misjudged the empty space where the fans draw in air from.

I tried a few things but then ended up flipping the plate and installing it on the inside of the case. With the 180mm Air Penetrators being 32mm think they will still go into the front cavity around 20mm so similar to how the original fans did. However this plan has kind of stuffed my ability to stick magnetic filters to the plate in front of the fans because now the fans are in front of the plate. Ill figure it out im sure...

Some pictures;

0ueGb3J.jpg

e7TxVT0.jpg

aVUkXCH.jpg

Things should move a little quicker now. I can get the false motherboard tray in and the PSU cover. Start cabling all the fans (and resleeving everything) and tubing almost everything up apart from the GPU which hopefully I will have before Christmas. *shakes fist* Hurry up 780Ti Classified.

Looking forward to getting it back up and running!

Update,

So today I did some work on the false motherboard tray and the PSU cover plate.

I was really happy with how it was all coming out until I slipped with the dremel gouging the surface of the plexi. Not happy at all!

The res will cover most of it but I have some matte black vinyl I can use as well. Im not sure yet...

Some pics;

dShPUdPh.jpg

The marks

z4TDmGYh.jpg

The PSU cover plate.

jP3VTfSh.jpg

And with the custom window over it.

zrHHcbSh.jpg

Also got some Primochill Revolver fittings from PCCG which is awesome because they got them in specially for me. Pretty sure they are the only stockists in Aust.

MhsCx6Z.jpg

JjTE1hG.jpg

And this final little teaser...

NhMDY4a.jpg

Some serious sleeving to be done this W/E...

Great modding, this things barely an R4 anymore  :P nice work. It's such a shame that the Kool Room has almost 0 stock these days. 

Out of interest, did you notice any temp issues when you wrapped the south bridge? The only thing holding me back from a Sabertooth is the olive/brown parts

Great modding, this things barely an R4 anymore  :P nice work. It's such a shame that the Kool Room has almost 0 stock these days. 

Out of interest, did you notice any temp issues when you wrapped the south bridge? The only thing holding me back from a Sabertooth is the olive/brown parts

I have no issues with temp on the southbridge but I didnt really test it before hand so I cant really compare...

The I bought some fans and my rigid tubing from the Kool Room and their prices were good but my god their postage prices are well out of line. There estimator is all messed up as well almost doubling the freight cost between estimator and checkout. 

Sleeved up my front panel IO with MDPC sleeve today.

Also painted the blue USB 3 connector that is blue white.

1IGZvHPh.jpg

r8UPpJl.jpg

RaJmaWsh.jpg

Now to start the fans to custom lengths and sleeved and the finally the motherboard/EPS/PCI-E leads :)

Awesome build. I'm getting ready to get that gpu. Can't wait for the finished product.

Awesome build. I'm getting ready to get that gpu. Can't wait for the finished product.

Thanks mate, yeah I'm hoping it's a good overclocker! Hopefully I can gather enough pennies to buy a 2nd one. I'm really happy and excited about how it's coming back together but I run into little hiccups during the process. Such as how do I full the reservoir (solved) also the 180's are basically touching the front panel so they won't be able to suck in any air (also now solved). It's been a long 4ish months of rebuild but hopefully all worth it.

I expect it to be finished by next weekend!

MY GOD.

544 holes pre-tapped for drilling tomorrow.

All done with a phillips head screwdriver and rubber handle on a hammer.

Thank god thats over...

RjPoPdM.jpg

So another update.

I got the new front panel in. Its kinda weird to explain but basically from the inside out I have 2x SilverStone 180's attached the the 180mm dual rad, then there is a plate, then on the other side of the plate are the other 2x SilverStone 180mms. Then there is another plate which I have 2x fan filters on and then the front door.

I am really happy with the vented front door considering I drilled it by hand!

Fans mounted through plate to rad

9jEGMZwh.jpg

Front plate installed

Ch2tMUXh.jpg

Magnetic Fan Filters

kA6dqtuh.jpg

Modified 'ventilated' front door

MNC3makh.jpg

Mother of god!!!!

Great work! Really like how you mounted the rads.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Great work man!

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

It's beautful :wub: This definitely a unique build! I didn't even know you could get dual 180mm rads  :lol:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Looks awesome!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Damn, so clean!

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

That front door is amazing, it looks very clean!!

Mother of god!!!!

Great work! Really like how you mounted the rads.

Great work man!

It's beautful :wub: This definitely a unique build! I didn't even know you could get dual 180mm rads  :lol:

Looks awesome!

Damn, so clean!

Wow! Massive thanks for everyones kind words. It has been a bigger task than I thought but i'm happy with how its coming along. Hopefully it will be finished by the coming weekend.

The dual 180mm radiator was an interesting choice, basically I put a tape measure across the front, well there's enough space so why not! I was actually thinking of a 200mm dual but wanted the 45mm thickness and liked the look of the SilverStone AP 181's.

More updates to come guys, basically just need to custom length the 4x AP's, the pump, custom cables from the PSU and the the rigid tubing.

Looks awesome, doge likes, such custom, so mod, very huge rad, not a r4 anymore, wow. (can't wait too see more :P)

Finally figured out the Splitter PCB issue and have the fans running. Top fans @ 5v Front fans at 12v/10v.

Radiators mounted as well.

which fans are those if you don't mind me asking?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089