Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyswboy

It's seriously come to this. . .

Not new?

I can kinda see a difference when comparing 30 and 60 FPS side by side, but in gaming it doesn't actually bother me that much. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I'm just one of those people who doesn't mind 30FPS. I'd much rather have higher details at 30FPS then 60FPS with the graphics looking worse, as long as the minimum frame rates aren't too bad.

"Rawr XD"

could we stop reposting old news from reddit?

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

For actually completing Watch_dogs at 15-25fps launch week... I can tell you unless you can keep at 30fps 99.9% of the time it's fine. if it dips to 20 or 25 then no. 60fps atleast you have a longer range that you can dip at times.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why do people have 144Hz monitors when the human eye can only see 60 FPS MAX and 30 FPS looks the same.

Stupid marketing, the higher the number the more it costs.

I play all my games at 15 FPS it looks smooth just a little laggy but very playable.

I can tell a difference between 30 and 40fps but only sometimes barely 40 and 60fps.... 30fps feels real laggy...

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3GHz | GPU: GigaByte R9 280X 3x WindForce | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz | Cooling: SilentiumPC XE-1236 | MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P 1.0 | Storage: Samsung HD320KJ & WD15EARS | Case: Aerocool VS-9 Advance

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

I play all my games at 15 FPS it looks smooth just a little laggy but very playable.

And I thought 25fps looks bad in games already...

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3GHz | GPU: GigaByte R9 280X 3x WindForce | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz | Cooling: SilentiumPC XE-1236 | MB: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P 1.0 | Storage: Samsung HD320KJ & WD15EARS | Case: Aerocool VS-9 Advance

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Not new?

I can kinda see a difference when comparing 30 and 60 FPS side by side, but in gaming it doesn't actually bother me that much. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but I'm just one of those people who doesn't mind 30FPS. I'd much rather have higher details at 30FPS then 60FPS with the graphics looking worse, as long as the minimum frame rates aren't too bad.

They look the same to me.

/S

That;s because the human eye can only see 30 FPS. 

For actually completing Watch_dogs at 15-25fps launch week... I can tell you unless you can keep at 30fps 99.9% of the time it's fine. if it dips to 20 or 25 then no. 60fps atleast you have a longer range that you can dip at times.

Why do people have 144Hz monitors when the human eye can only see 60 FPS MAX and 30 FPS looks the same.

Stupid marketing, the higher the number the more it costs.

I hate all of you. 

I could be very wrong

And I thought 25fps looks bad in games already...

Well maybe it's just your perception if numbers, usually at 5 FPS it starts to look bad but I still get a high Death/Kill Ratio in CS:GO when I play at around 15 FPS, like 8 DKR. 30 FPS looks okay but there is no big difference between 15 and 30.

I'm the guy who can play a train simulator at 5FPS and make a perfect station stop without much thought and have never been exposed to decent framerates, so....

LTT's OFFICIAL ASIAN NEW YORKER!

That;s because the human eye can only see 30 FPS. 

Thats a lie its 23 fps.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL CARES.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Asus Radeon HD 3650 Silent, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

Thats a lie its 23 fps.

No point since the human eye can only see 30 fps and 24fps is good enough because movies look smooth

It's actually 23.96 that's why movies use it because its already smooth enough and it looks cinematic even Ubisoft claims that.

I have played FC3 on my PB278Q (1440p, 60hz) and on my friends VG278HE (1080p, 144hz) and i can honestly say playing it on mine after his, was the worst gaming experience i have ever had.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

I could tell the difference (although I swear they were at different resolutions as well, which certainly made the 30fps one look much worse), but in general for content consumption I'm happy with 30fps (although I will take 60 when offered). When playing games, more fps is better, although I won't notice an issue until about 40fps; below 25-30 is pretty unplayable a lot of the time for me (although that might be related to frame times rather than frame rates).

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic