James Cameron Thinks Current VR technology is Boring..

it's Titanic all over again..

Oculus.jpg

Abandon Ship.....

During an interview at the WSJD (Wall Street Journal conference panel) Live conference, Cameron expressed that he isn't really impressed by the current stage of VR technology , when the topic of virtual reality was brought up to him by 

cameron_camera_350.jpg

"There seems to be a lot of excitement around something that, to me, is a yawn, frankly," 

While shepherding the Avatar sequels preoccupies much of the director's time, he was also asked several questions by Journalist about his involvement in virtual reality projects. 

Cameron didn't appear impressed with recent hype spurred by Oculus Rift, the virtual reality startup that made headlines in March when Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg announced that his company would acquire the brand for $2 billion.

"Oculus Rift is fine, it’s got a good display and that sort of thing, At what point are we going to say cinema is cinema, games are games, is there a new narrative art form that involves aspects of both?" (insert 60 fps joke here)

- James Cameron

Christopher Nolan might disagree.. As there are current projects that are promoting the film Interstellar (release set for nov 7) via occulus rift all over US right now as you reading this..

Interstellar Movie Experience in Oculus Rift VR exhibit

1412611550001-SS1-2014-KNR.jpg

"What will the level of interactivity with the user be other than just 'I can stand and look around'? If you want to move through a virtual reality, it's called a video game. It's been around forever." 

- James Cameron

Cameron did say devices such as the Oculus Rift could, eventually, change the way people watch movies, but that the right formula just isn't there yet. 

"The question that always occurred to me is: When is it going to be mature; when is it going to be accepted by the public at large; when are people going to start authoring in VR; and what will that be?" 

james-cameron-avatar_320.jpg

Avatar 2 is expected to drop December 2016, followed by Avatar 3 in December 2017 and Avatar 4 in 2018

So what do you guys think? Remember this is just a max 2 minutes worth of interview discussion being bombarded like this via tech news forum, Do you think he is rihgt? Leave your thoughts & comments down below....

Bonus:

james-cameron-kathryn-bigel__oPt.jpg

Post All the Linkzzzzz....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-cameron-talks-avatar-sequels-744806

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/30/james-cameron-unimpressed-with-oculus-rift-and-vr-tech

Details separate people.

I would tend to agree, atm.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I disagree, VR could be the future of gaming

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well it is... Until i can run around in BF7 and feel when i get shot... Ill pass on vr

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

"The question that always occurred to me is: When is it going to be mature; when is it going to be accepted by the public at large; when are people going to start authoring in VR; and what will that be?"

this quote

ehh :P its not gonna be that cool until its widespread enough and enough people have it and development picks up.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

During an interview at the (WSJDWall Street Journal conference panel) Live conference, Cameron expressed that he isn't really impressed by the current stage of VR technology , when the topic of virtual reality was brought up to him by 

Why in gods name is this even news?

and we all have to agree, current stage of VR isnt that impressive...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

It may not be that impressive yet, but it's definitely exciting. I have never really felt VR was for movies though, maybe AR when they eventually build little towns for you to walk through as you watch the movie (I probably wouldn't like it much after the first time though).

Alright..Pushing it to off topic then.. :/

All Aboard....

Details separate people.

Avatar 2 is expected to drop December 2016, followed by Avatar 3 in December 2017 and Avatar 4 in 2018

After the first movie I don't expect any of those to be worth watching to be honest... but hey, who knows?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Off-topic'd ! Yay! More views this time xD :lol:

Details separate people.

subject is not gaming, it's movies.

And I agree, vr for movies is not here yet.

Oh right, james Cameron= Movies :P

Definitely not for movies

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.