Anyone else having issues with new YouTube 60fps support?

While we are on this topic of 60fps is there a way to make it 30fps and still be 1080p? I can't watch 60fps it makes me feel sick :S

Makes you feel sick ? odd.

Well to my knowledge you would have to switch over to Firefox, I don't know anyother way to downgrade to the last century 30fps :P

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

I'm pretty sure this is a Chrome and hardware acceleration issue with HTML5. If I can play back 1080p60fps content locally on my machine in a raw codec, I should be able to play back 1080p60fps compressed codec from YouTube. But alas, it doesn't work most of the time. Even with a Radeon 7950.

I actually use the Chrome beta channel, and from the looks at the bug reports pouring into the chrome bug tracker, its a known issue: 

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list?can=2&q=1080p+60fps+&colspec=ID+Pri+M+Week+ReleaseBlock+Cr+Status+Owner+Summary+OS+Modified&cells=tiles

Its been a known issue since around November of 2014. For whatever reason, Google is failing to get this bug fixed, even on the Chrome Canary channel. The best we can do is wait it out. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

• 3 weeks later...

I still to this day have this issue on Firefox. It's beyond annoying. All the youtuber's I'm subscribed too are starting to upload 60FPS videos and it breaks my browser. I don't have a poor PC. It's slightly old now but by normal standards it's defently still a beast. I shouldn't need a 6000 dollar PC to play youtube videos what is this google?!

Anyone know what solution to use for firefox? I refuse to drop to HTML5 Since it doesn't support 1080 60fps, I hate flash as much as everyone else but since they only use it to support their newest editions I need it.

• 1 month later...

Same issue here with my MSI CR500 notebook.

Using Chrome 42 issue is present with windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Beta). With Ubuntu (Linux) Chrome works a little smooth. Also noticed that with Internet Explorer (IE) the videos works perfect!

But notices that in IE The quality is a little slower than with Chrome: Test video: