Monitors for Nvidia Surround

s0nrise

I am planning to set up nvidia surround, so i will be buying a set of 3 monitors

My budget for each is 250 - 350 usd, and should be 24 inch 1080p

Is there any special one you would recommend?

I saw a Dell one, it has a pretty good stand, and a thin, matte bezel.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&l=en&s=bsd&cs=aubsd1&sku=230-12171&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0

Thanks in Advance :D

(im not a monitor expert)

any specific reason why it MUST be 24 inch? i know of some pretty good 23 inch monitors but ya. Also, are you going to be only gaming on these because then you would want 120hz monitors, not just any regular monitors. Although those are kinda out of your budget, so i would suggest the Asus VS239H-P, its 23 inches but ips (really good screen quality) and led so it will look really good, which i can reccomend from actually using it.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

any specific reason why it MUST be 24 inch? i know of some pretty good 23 inch monitors but ya. Also' date=' are you going to be only gaming on these because then you would want 120hz monitors, not just any regular monitors. Although those are kinda out of your budget, so i would suggest the Asus VS239H-P, its 23 inches but ips (really good screen quality) and led so it will look really good, which i can reccomend from actually using it.[/quote']

Im not a professional gamer, i just sometimes play games for fun.

Its more for multi tasking purposes, but yeah, gaming would be cool.

By 24inch, I ment around the 24 inch mark, 23 inch would be good too.

I currently have 2 24 inch Dell Ultrasharp monitors, the 3rd being an LG 3D monitor. They're Amazing. The only problem I see with the ones you linked to is that there is no DP input so you would have to use adapters. The Ultrasharp series have DP. the U2312HM is a 23" IPS monitor with DP input.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Go with the Dell UltraSharp series:

-> U2410, U2412 or the new (already out in the U.K and other region, coming Canada soon), the U2413 which replaces the U2410.

You won't be disappointed, and trust me, they are worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. The higher priced ones do deliver for what you are getting in terms of features and colors (visible gap).

Why UltraSharp?

-> They are IPS panels. That means: sharper image, much better colors, 178 degree view angle in ALL directions.

-> Higher build quality

-> Fully adjustable stand

-> Better warranty coverage (0 bright pixel warranty (stuck to a color or white pixels), and 6 or more (with no zones or distance crap policy) dead pixels).

The Dell U2410 and U2413 are what are considered high-end consumer grade monitors. If you want better than those, you have to look, currently, at professional grade monitors. And yes, even if you web surf, people report a much more enjoyable experience with such monitor. I can give you quotes but they are on other forums, so better PM me on that, so that you don't have to take my word on it.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!. I'll see what I can find here :)

Go with the Dell UltraSharp series:

-> U2410, U2412 or the new (already out in the U.K and other region, coming Canada soon), the U2413 which replaces the U2410.

You won't be disappointed, and trust me, they are worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. The higher priced ones do deliver for what you are getting in terms of features and colors (visible gap).

Why UltraSharp?

-> They are IPS panels. That means: sharper image, much better colors, 178 degree view angle in ALL directions.

-> Higher build quality

-> Fully adjustable stand

-> Better warranty coverage (0 bright pixel warranty (stuck to a color or white pixels), and 6 or more (with no zones or distance crap policy) dead pixels).

The Dell U2410 and U2413 are what are considered high-end consumer grade monitors. If you want better than those, you have to look, currently, at professional grade monitors. And yes, even if you web surf, people report a much more enjoyable experience with such monitor. I can give you quotes but they are on other forums, so better PM me on that, so that you don't have to take my word on it.

Agreed. I have three U2412M in eyefinity. They can go as low as $250 CAD. Ultrasharps are the way to go.