Windows Default Password?

RelentlessAF
Go to solution Solved by NeCoNLive,

Cant help you!! but sounds like you don't have much to loose with a new install again.. GO GO might be faster then waiting.

Hey guys I just did a fresh install of the windows technical preview (to test parts while I wait to buy 8.1) and I chose no password during startup (left the field blank) however if I try to leave it blank to sign in it says my password is incorrect. I'm assuming it set a default password, any ideas?

The default password is no password.

If you connected a microsoft account to it then the password is the same as it is for your microsoft account.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Cant help you!! but sounds like you don't have much to loose with a new install again.. GO GO might be faster then waiting.

If you connected a microsoft account to it then the password is the same as it is for your microsoft account.

Its just a local account

Try just hitting ENTER (was on XP)

Picture/screenshot please.

Have you tried simply rebooting? Maybe Win10 just derped since it's alpha software..

Already reinstalled so its whatever nows

im kinda curious to see if the oldschool, boot from a win2000 disk trick still works on 10... i know it worked on 8.1(and everything else all the way back to at least win'95)  im just not willing to install 10 until it works properly

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I am willing to bet this is correct.

I agree with @TheKDub, he is right, as for default password. The first time you logon Windows, it will let you create a account and password. You think this is the default password? In fact, this is the option. If you forgot Windows login password, just use ophcrack or others like Advaced Windows password recovery tool. Or search others on Google

Again, it was a local account

Try anyways?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Again, it was a local account

Right. Read that. Starting with Windows 8, your Microsoft account password becomes your local login as well.

Right. Read that. Starting with Windows 8, your Microsoft account password becomes your local login as well.

There is no microsoft account linked to the PC though.

• 1 year later...

To Windows password recovery, the easy way for me to fix that case is to use a powerful Windows password recovery software on Google.
 Smartkey Windows Password Recovery is such a tool for me.

See more details on HERE.

• 1 month later...
On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 3:24 PM, Padunkadunk said:

you dint actually have to link your login to a Microsoft account.

I believe on 8 you had to do to it then create a local user once it booted then delete the Microsoft one. That's since changed and in 10 you can just click I dint have an account and then skip, great local account.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Does the "boot to recovery console, replace the accessibility program with cmd.exe, reboot, net user command" hack still work in Windows 10?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

• 1 month later...

Here is a suggestion, try booting from the CD and go to the recovery console. At the console type "Net user" which shows the administrator and guest accounts. Then type again "Net user <accountname> <password>". That will change the password from old to the new one. That is worth trying.

On 6/25/2016 at 4:47 AM, Fetzie said:

Does the "boot to recovery console, replace the accessibility program with cmd.exe, reboot, net user command" hack still work in Windows 10?

That still works as i just tried it.

The default password is a combination of Bill Gates' children's names backwards with 30 6's in between every vowel, as well as every number in Masons head from Black Ops 1. THE NUMBERS MASON THE NUMBERS