The FBI, NSA are spying on you!

OR you could live in a real country like Australia or New Zealand. Feels good.

I bet it does bud... :) 

OR you could live in a real country like Australia or New Zealand. Must really suck living with worries like that.

YUS!!! NZ and Aus are like siblings. Fight a bit, but got each others backs most of the time.

YUS!!! NZ and Aus are like siblings. Fight a bit, but got each others backs most of the time.

Happy as anything with no worries  :)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Happy as anything with no worries :)

Someone post some horrible NZ news. Like:

5043758.jpg

Its just horrible. lol. ><

Edit:

I dont watch or read any kind of news so I dont actually know whats happening. Probably nothing. So its ok.

Well this was not much of a surprise. Of cause those government jerks are collecting your data!

I also really doubt they will get anything from it, as the amount needed to be processed is massive....

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Haha I read about this, It's been happening for years, of course the government is going to use our technology against us, to 'protect' us. The only reason we know about these kinds of things, is because of the technology they're using to spy on us .. the internet, wireless communications, etc. I think the governments around the world have such an easier job of spying on their neighbours now because of those technologies. 

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "keyboard warriors" eh ;)

Anything you don't want on the internet, don't put it there! simple as that, if you're that paranoid about your communications, what's stopping you walking down the street and talking to your friend in person like they did 20 years ago!

#!

I notice that everyone is concerned about privacy, however lets be reasonable. Think about it, governments do not have the ability (much less the resources) to analyze the capacity of data that they collect in the first place, to analyze and read everything would be impossible, even the best automated computer system would not be able to handle it (not even the fastest supercomputer in the world could parse that amount of data), even if it was coded for perfect search efficiency the throughput is still too small. Governments would like you to think that big brother is watching, do you really think that the department of homeland security and the FBI and any other three letter government agency has the time and resources to actually read your information. If you are an average user and not declared an online threat, there is nothing to worry about.

If more people watched The Newsroom (Do it, it's brilliant) then they would've none this ages ago... \s

Been going on for a lot longer, tbh, even if people weren't aware of it.

The real question is, why allow something like this to be published at all? Surely if the FBI/NSA didn't want something "Top secret" released to the public, they'd do something about it. Food for thought.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Well your "Land of the Free" is disturbing people who actually are living freely. No wonder why a lot of people hate America

Your sarcasm meter is broken :D or maybe mine is :D :D

For Aussies... this still effects us on facebook, twitter, etc... we are not immune just coz we are on the oother side of the world

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

If you have been on the Internet at all today, you have probably already seen headlines about the secret government program, PRISM.  This program, which has worked with many high-level tech companies such as Google, Facebook, Apple, Yahoo, and Skype has been spying on US citizens according to a leaked NSA powerpoint.

FULL STORY: http://www.tgbuzz.com/2013/06/07/prism-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-affect-you/

How is something a repost when it has different overall content.  If you actually read the post, you will see that all of my information is actually current. 

I include the government's and the company responses to this leak whereas the original post includes none of that.  Entirely different topic, please read content before complaining about a repost.  

How is something a repost when it has different overall content.  If you actually read the post, you will see that all of my information is actually current. 

I include the government's and the company responses to this leak whereas the original post includes none of that.  Entirely different topic, please read content before complaining about a repost.  

Then this thread would be better placed in General Discussion as this is no longer considered 'News'

Then this thread would be better placed in General Discussion as this is no longer considered 'News'

Considering the government and the companies just released responses, I am pretty confident in the fact that something that has recently happened, is indeed news.  

An update to a story doesn't negate its "news" status.

Considering the government and the companies just released responses, I am pretty confident in the fact that something that has recently happened, is indeed news.  

An update to a story doesn't negate its "news" status.

Just like when news sites edit an existing article when there's an update, maybe you should have bumped the already created thread with your new information.

Just like when news sites edit an existing article when there's an update, maybe you should have bumped the already created thread with your new information.

Pretty confident not all news sites do that since the Guardian broke the story and has released like 100 update articles since then.  And honestly, this is a forum thread which is not a repost.  Are you really wanting to argue the semantics of where it should be posted, seems like its not worth it to me.  

Are you really wanting to argue the semantics of where it should be posted, seems like its not worth it to me.  

To be honest? I think you're just plugging your website to get hits regardless of what content has been posted here already.

To be honest? I think you're just plugging your website to get hits regardless of what content has been posted here already.

LTT brings 0.05% of our total traffic, are you sure that we care about 0.05% that much.  No... there are tons of article I never post here if I think they are already being talked about in the same way we have.

America - land of the free

At least I don't have kangaroo crossings and koalas in my backyard.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."