Chrome or Firefox ?

MenciTooLoko

I've been back and forth on the 2 web browsers and I've wanted some opinions. Which is better Google Chrome or Firefox ??

depends on your needs

chrome has more extensions and apps

firefox has what firefox has (idk i don't use it)

use both extensively and see what fits you better

in terms of pure performance, sometimes it depends on your system

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Both... and neither.

Depends on what you're looking for.

use both, is what several people here do, myself included.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I never use extensions, I'm on YouTube 90% of the time I'm using the web browser.

if your computer is powerful and has enough ram, use chrome

if you are short on resources, use firefox

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I used to use Firefox until 29 because they messed it up badly. Chrome has similar problems but they have better phone and pc integration. It just works. But then again I'm using android app it better be nicely integrated.

I would use Firefox as it is unafiliated with any big company trying to control and track what you browse.  It also supports almost everything Chrome has and is half the size, if you want a fast experience go with Firefox.  Use Chrome if you MUST translate a website then switch back the firefox.  It's also 1/2 the size.  Firefox still has plugins too but in all honesty, why do you need plugins for a browser beyond flash?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I never use extensions, I'm on YouTube 90% of the time I'm using the web browser.

Have you ever heard of Dark Skin for Youtube? it's the best thing that ever happened to my dual screens that face my bed

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Have you ever heard of Dark Skin for Youtube? it's the best thing that ever happened to my dual screens that face my bed

Yep. Not only do I like a black and red themed Youtube, but I like not being blinded by websites I go to. There was this one plugin that let me customize the Google homepage, and Facebook too. There's some things that let me customize Facebook on Chrome, but not nearly to the extent Firefox has, and usually it's just some simple color inversion code that while it works... it's inverted colors so things look weird and stuff. So it's things like that that make me wanna download Firefox 28 again because I had that setup exactly how I liked it. But even with their theme saver stuff for 29, it's still broken. The UI also feels 2x larger than before and it's just clunky and hideous. And I could have my tabs under the url bar instead of over. I hate how I can't switch that on Chrome... it's really a stupid place to put them imo, I prefer them closer to the page. I've gotten used to it. I still hate it though.

depends on your needs

That's quite amusing, firefox was said to be the most customizable browser due tot he sheer number of addons and themes and such, much more than chrome the last I heard. 

I've noticed that chrome doesn't really like to use gpu acceleration, especially in flash videos. Both youtube and twitch will have high cpu usage with the flash player if you watch 1080+ videos/streams. Firefox and Internet Explorer seems to have better support for gpu acceleration and results in better battery life on my laptop and lower cpu usage.

Yep. Not only do I like a black and red themed Youtube, but I like not being blinded by websites I go to. There was this one plugin that let me customize the Google homepage, and Facebook too. There's some things that let me customize Facebook on Chrome, but not nearly to the extent Firefox has, and usually it's just some simple color inversion code that while it works... it's inverted colors so things look weird and stuff. So it's things like that that make me wanna download Firefox 28 again because I had that setup exactly how I liked it. But even with their theme saver stuff for 29, it's still broken. The UI also feels 2x larger than before and it's just clunky and hideous. And I could have my tabs under the url bar instead of over. I hate how I can't switch that on Chrome... it's really a stupid place to put them imo, I prefer them closer to the page. I've gotten used to it. I still hate it though.

Have you tried out Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox? I installed it when they changed the design on the tabs, and instead of only text in the right click menu, there were the big ugly buttons. So I was able to change it back with that addon. You can change the tab location and a whole bunch of other stuff as well. All of this you can also change with regular CSS by editing userChrome.css, but I don't want to go too much off-topic here.

Edit: I mean the userChrome.css file for Firefox, that can be found in %appdata%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[your profile]\chrome. There should be two files in there, userChrome.css and userContent.css. You can read more about it here.

Rwa has spoken.

Initiate browser wars. I would personally use firefox if you don't mind it. Only reason I don't use it as I think the interface is a tad clunky.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Have you tried out Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox? I installed it when they changed the design on the tabs, and instead of only text in the right click menu, there were the big ugly buttons. So I was able to change it back with that addon. You can change the tab location and a whole bunch of other stuff as well. All of this you can also change with regular CSS by editing userChrome.css, but I don't want to go too much off-topic here.

Yep I tried. Didn't fix my gripes. But wait there's a way to change the tab thing on Chrome? Pm me about it so we're not off topic. ^_^

In my opinion, Firefox. However I use Internet Explorer on Windows 7.

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

I use both, however my "go to" is Chrome. It seems like one is always broken, so I use the other as a back up. I'm too reliant on plug-ins which is why I use them both. I do use IE, but only to install Chrome.

I use Firefox for daily normal use, I have to use Chrome at school which irritates me

I use Google Chrome 99% of the time now and only use IE when Google Chrome acts up.  I have tried on numerous occasions to go back to Mozilla's Firefox and it ran like garbage every single time.  Yes at some point in the future I will give many browsers out there the chance to impress me once again but I expect it will only lead me back to using Google Chrome.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

depends on your needs

Im pretty sure firefox wins the extension category.

Google chrome if your computer can, if not FF and if you're on a potato IE

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

*cough*  Palemoon *cough*

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.