have any of you read or have this book about building pc's

themaniac
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Check the reviews, it seems to be a good book ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Check the reviews, it seems to be a good book ;)

ok

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

There's a book on this? :o

it seems so

Spoiler

....how is it possible to sell such a thing?! i mean.. its FREE on youtube... and in MANY varieties AND for MANY different systems and budgets, including why some parts were chosen, ALSO they are up to date unlike some old book...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

....how is it possible to sell such a thing?! i mean.. its FREE on youtube... and in MANY varieties AND for MANY different systems and budgets, including why some parts were chosen, ALSO they are up to date unlike some old book...

He got it for free as well so...

Why would you buy a book when you can get more in-depth guides for free on Youtube?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Have you tried reading it? :P

yes i have read some of it and it talks about 1155 sockets cpu's from intel

Spoiler

He got it for free as well so...

getting some old outdated book, and actually wanting to learn from it is probably worse than not reading it :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

You can get the free version of this book at www.youtube.com/linustechtips

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

This Forum or Book? I would choose the Forum, before reading a book about PCs/

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

You can get the free version of this book at www.youtube.com/linustechtips

The very true my friend.

The book would be interesting, but it can not compete with the information the internet provides. Especially forums like this one where we, as a whole community, would want to help any PC-builder. YouTube and other sites also give plenty of information.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

well i got it from my aunt so i got it for free

Spoiler

Why would you buy a book when you can get more in-depth guides for free on Youtube?

Did you guys look at the book preview :P?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Books are fine, however only viable for a short time as technology changes here and there over time and then the book is rendered useless for any new PC owner.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Books are fine, however only viable for a short time as technology changes here and there over time and then the book is rendered useless for any new PC owner.

I'd say that they'd last a pretty decent time. Installing an intel LGA 1150 Processor is still the same as a 755 processor, installing RAM hasn't changed since ever, neither have power supplies for that matter.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11