Dual Monitor steam

hmminteresting

So I've just got a second monitor its a dell 17" random office one. i like having steam open on the second one but for some reason everytime i maximise the window it cuts off and spreads onto my main screen...

How do i fix it? 

post-106891-0-81180400-1414250328_thumb.

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Resize your window, close Steam, reopen Steam.

what do you mean by resize? im opening it on the second monitor and dragging it to the top of the screen where it snap into full screen but that happens

Minimize the window, move to 2nd screen, maximize.

tried that already this is what happens

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

try right clicking desktop < screen resolution

click detect, adjust the monitors according to their position and try again

what do you mean by resize? im opening it on the second monitor and dragging it to the top of the screen where it snap into full screen but that happens

tried that already this is what happens

There's a set of 6 dots on the bottom right corner of the window, click and hold that, then move to size the window.

As for why it's doing this to you, I have no idea.

try right clicking desktop < screen resolution

click detect, adjust the monitors according to their position and try again

tried it still not working

There's a set of 6 dots on the bottom right corner of the window, click and hold that, then move to size the window.

As for why it's doing this to you, I have no idea.

I know i can drag out the edges to make it fullscreen but why is it snapping so weird? is there something wrong with the monitor? because its resolution is 1280x1024 but on the screen resolution menu it goes up further to 1810x1448 is that normal?