CPU getting too hot

It was the PUMP all along ? I KNEW IT

Oh please, we don't know that... I hope. If it was the pump I'm gonna go bang my head on a desk.  :mellow:

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

firstly since your pump is only the DCP 4.0 the flow rate on that pump is 800L/H and head pressure is 4.0m but they are the maximum which means it will have to be running at 12v. make sure your pump is running at 100% and if it is then i think that the pump is the issue with these temps. even with my loop and i am running overclocked CPU and GPU and i dont even get any where those temps for either chips and also check your tubing to make sure there isnt any kinks in them or anything that could slow the flow down as that is the only reason i can think of to why you are getting the temps you are getting

yeah i checked that but all i am concerned is that why my gpu's not getting hot it's only my cpu and the cpu is the one that recieves cooled water from both the rads first

Oh please, we don't know that... I hope. If it was the pump I'm gonna go bang my head on a desk.  :mellow:

lol yeah me too

firstly since your pump is only the DCP 4.0 the flow rate on that pump is 800L/H and head pressure is 4.0m but they are the maximum which means it will have to be running at 12v. make sure your pump is running at 100% and if it is then i think that the pump is the issue with these temps. even with my loop and i am running overclocked CPU and GPU and i dont even get any where those temps for either chips and also check your tubing to make sure there isnt any kinks in them or anything that could slow the flow down as that is the only reason i can think of to why you are getting the temps you are getting

and the pump is running at 100% it powered from a molex pin

It is the only logical conclusion my dear Watson

yeah i checked that but all i am concerned is that why my gpu's not getting hot it's only my cpu and the cpu is the one that recieves cooled water from both the rads first

Because the pump does not have the pressure to maintain the water on your CPu and it can only maintain it at your GPU

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

and the pump is running at 100% it powered from a molex pin

please don't be the pump, please don't be the pump, please don't be the pump  :unsure:

It was the PUMP all along ? I KNEW IT

cmon if it was a pump then my gpu should have burned to ash. they are r9 290x they ususally run at 95 but now they are running at 60 max and plus cpu is reciveing cold water from rads first

please don't be the pump, please don't be the pump, please don't be the pump  :unsure:

i am kinda 95% sure that it's not the pump

cmon if it was a pump then my gpu should have burned to ash. they are r9 290x they ususally run at 95 but now they are running at 60 max and plus cpu is reciveing cold water from rads first

Because the pump does not have the pressure to maintain the water on your CPu and it can only maintain it at your GPU and that is because water is heavy

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

and the cpu is bumping up to 95 or plus

Because the pump does not have the pressure to maintain the water on your CPu and it can only maintain it at your GPU

That doesn't make much sense.

Because the pump does not have the pressure to maintain the water on your CPu and it can only maintain it at your GPU and that is because water is heavy

but the cpu block is smaller than the gpu one i think it should have affected gpu not the cpu

Sorry to jump in here, but it's not the pump. No offense, but this idea is a load of bull. It's a single closed loop system, so the flow rate at any point of the system is the same as any other. The amount of water passing over every part is the same, regardless of where in the loop the part is.

but the cpu block is smaller than the gpu one i think it should have affected gpu not the cpu

What is the quickest and cheapest thing to get ? a waterblock or a pump?

Sorry to jump in here, but it's not the pump. No offense, but this idea is a load of bull. It's a single closed loop system, so the flow rate at any point of the system is the same as any other. The amount of water passing over every part is the same, regardless of where in the loop the part is.

So you say it is the waterblock?

What is the quickest and cheapest thing to get ? a waterblock or a pump?

i think waterblock why?

i think waterblock why?

To test one of them get waterblock first i say chances are 60% to 40%(60% pump and 40% waterblock)

To test one of them get waterblock first i say chances are 60% to 40%(60% pump and 40% waterblock)

how about i get a good waterblock like this one http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-supremacy-evo-gold here it is mentioned that it has less hydraulic restrictions which help to maintain the flow in low powered pumps so it kinda supports both sides what you say?

how about i get a good waterblock like this one http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-supremacy-evo-gold here it is mentioned that it has less hydraulic restrictions which help to maintain the flow in low powered pumps so it kinda supports both sides what you say?

It is so crazy that it just might work . I say go for it

@levsingh the reason the 290x or any gpu won't be that hot as they are on air is because they take to water a lot better then cpus will ever be

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

I didn't say anything about the pressure at different points of the loop I'm saying overall pressure look at the resistance of the blocks, radiators(even tho it will be low) and the fittings and then add it all and see how it much pressure the pump can push in comparison

http://martinsliquidlab.org/pump-planning-guide/

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Few things, what is your voltage on the CPU? Is the voltage on adaptive mode? Have you tried using different temperature monitoring software? What is the temp in the BIOS on a cold boot? If you feel the CPU block under load could you poach an egg on it? (or IR temp it)

This could come down to something as simple as an erroneous temp sensor, bad monitoring software, incorrect voltage settings, etc. etc.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I didn't say anything about the pressure at different points of the loop I'm saying overall pressure look at the resistance of the blocks, radiators(even tho it will be low) and the fittings and then add it all and see how it much pressure the pump can push in comparison

http://martinsliquidlab.org/pump-planning-guide/

It was me that said about the pump pressure but regardless i am with you it is the PUMP