Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Recommended System Specs Revealed

It's not shit, it's a 4gb GTX760.

Did people not know that there is a 4gb version of GTX760?

People know there are 4GB GTX760's, what most people's confusion is to why the game would need 4GB of Vram!

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

GTX 760??? what the...  well, i hope this is just minimum requirements (for ultra settings). lol  :D

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

Crysis

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's not shit, it's a 4gb GTX760.

Did people not know that there is a 4gb version of GTX760?

I know there is a 4GB GTX760... I am trying to understand why the game needs 4GB of VRAM!

because not everyone got good systems to reach such high spec expectations?

Could you not figure out it yourself?

People with low end hardware shouldnt expect to play the newest games. A minimum requirement gtx760 is a good thing, companies should just take out low settings and only put in high and very high.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

People with low end hardware shouldnt expect to play the newest games. A minimum requirement gtx760 is a good thing, companies should just take out low settings and only put in high and very high.

This isn't the minimum specs.

These are recommended specs though. Minimum specs are:

Processor: Intel CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 5870 @ 1GB or better

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 55 GB available space

Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-system-requirements-released/

I think a GTS 450 is an acceptable minimum requirement

@OfficialJsP Could you do change your post to include the minimum specs as well. There is a lot of misinformation going around this thread.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

that's the stupidest idea ever

This isn't the minimum specs.

@OfficialJsP Could you do change your post to include the minimum specs as well. There is a lot of misinformation going around this thread.

ok will do

The requirements are strikingly similar to the requirements for Ghosts.... That concerns me greatly.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

that was the same with ghosts.

it takes up 55gb of space -> its a bad port.

Maybe they are doing the same thing as Titanfall, decompressing the sound so the CPU has to do less, but not so considering even the minimum specs

that's the stupidest idea ever

If you can't afford the hardware neccessary to play the newest games that looks good, you should be looking at consoles. 

I think the PC Master Race is the dumbest thing I've heard, when most of them don't have high end hardware, a true master race should always have the latest and greatest.

Nothing wrong with lower end hardware, but developers shouldn't care for these people, the newest games with the most modern graphics should require the most modern hardware to run, it shouldn't be like consoles where the PC peasant's terrible specs hold the gaming industry back.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

So Battlefield 4 w/o DLCs, with more advanced engine, better graphics and amazing audio is around 30 GB and this will be 55? U w0t m8?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

If you can't afford the hardware neccessary to play the newest games that looks good, you should be looking at consoles. 

I think the PC Master Race is the dumbest thing I've heard, when most of them don't have high end hardware, a true master race should always have the latest and greatest.

Nothing wrong with lower end hardware, but developers shouldn't care for these people, the newest games with the most modern graphics should require the most modern hardware to run, it shouldn't be like consoles where the PC peasant's terrible specs hold the gaming industry back.

That's why the settings exist in the first place? Game devs putting in a low or medium graphics setting in no way gimps the ultra setting.

Good one  :rolleyes:

That's not a joke. The textures ARE higher-resolution. That doesn't mean that they are better quality, though. If you have a 10000x10000 texture across an entire area of a map, it will look lower resolution than typical methods of texturing -- however, it will look more natural if done correctly, because you won't have a whole bunch of repeating textures.

Watch this:

It explains a whole lot about megatextures.

I use a Lenovo T440: i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, 128GB Samsung 840 Evo, 14" 900p display and an external 23" 1080p passive 3D monitor. Extended 6-cell battery with internal 3-cell. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (I only use open-source software -- haven't paid for a single program yet).

I get what you're saying. I didn't realize they were actually using higher res textures, but if the meshes and texture quality is half assed like always it won't really matter. I haven't seen anything to make me believe they're going to put any effort into the pc version.

I get what you're saying. I didn't realize they were actually using higher res textures, but if the meshes and texture quality is half assed like always it won't really matter. I haven't seen anything to make me believe they're going to put any effort into the pc version.

Well they are using megatextures on the consoles already, which is fine for them since new-gen consoles have 8GB shared VRAM/DDR... So I guess they are expecting to use the same textures on PCs, but uncompressed :/

I entirely agree with you on that point. It's not worth having the ever so slightly more realistic graphical fidelity in textures over that much disk space and VRAM requirement -- I'd rather have better models, animation and effects... PhysX would be nice too :)

I use a Lenovo T440: i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, 128GB Samsung 840 Evo, 14" 900p display and an external 23" 1080p passive 3D monitor. Extended 6-cell battery with internal 3-cell. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (I only use open-source software -- haven't paid for a single program yet).

The reason they are recommending such a high-end GPU (in comparison to previous CoDs) is because they use Mega Textures, so the additional VRAM allows for more high-res textures to be loaded.

What's the engine they are using?

What's the engine they are using?

"In-house" engine. It's probably IWEngine 5/6 heavily modded or IWEngine 7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine