No need to be rude. We're allowed to test different release times for our videos.

Don't let them get you down, we here in Australia appreciate the decent time that you release these videos.  No rudeness from us. smiley_strut.gif

that was a rly nice step up in contend.. pls keep it coming.
the gloves and glasses cutting, f..n awsome, more of that bran.
its the "nerd life tips" it once got me subscribed here.. the good ol times in ncix cellar, where linus just couldnt keep his mouth shut about aany pc info came throught regardless of what was meant to be in the vid..buut im drifting away,
what i meant is, i like this outside the box contend just as much as i like the very inside stuff u still provide mostly entertaining to me. i hope this is somewhat clear english, thought u rly wanted the feedback here, better post this in ltt 2, cheers

Nice comparison of isopropyl vs windex. I also know that diluted vinegar can work in some cases and leaves a really nice polish.

i like bacon!

also, i don't use any of these, just good old heavy duty degreaser, works perfect on my H440, even with just regular paper towel, tho, that's probably coz there are no grooves on the surface

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

"but for now...    it's science time"

best phrase ever

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Oh god.. the youtube comments...

They act like it's the end of the world with grammar. 

Slick made a minor mistake, might want to make an annotation saying Pandora where he accidentally said Prodigy around 00:10.
Other than that a very good video.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Love the "it's science time." I don't like Windex at all, leaves residue and the ammonia in some types of it destroys tint and paint.

Foaming alcohol based glass cleaner... "I put that S*&@# on everything." 

Spray onto the surface (screen, keyboard, case, cables; I avoid cleaning acrylic at all costs though ), apply liberally for really oily marks on brushed aluminum ( like my old Lenovo laptop ).

Let sit for a second, then use a microfiber and clean with AND against grain.

As it dries keep buffing as it pulls any dust, lint and streaks with it and you should have a really clean surface.

Last step, sell said laptop and never buy brushed again so everything looks new all the time.

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

I pretty much clean everything with a glasses cleaner cloth and isopropyl alcohol - works wonders. Anyways nice test :D

Nice video! Yay for another Luke video! I don't know how I feel about the new subscribe spiel at the beginning of the videos though.... 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

@Slick a nice reiteration of what I recommend here.  Maybe a few more people will actually listen to me now.  

Question about the video: did you notice any residue remaining on the aluminium after cleaning with windex?  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I have some semiconductor cleanroom experience. Cleaning semiconductor wafers of oils and other organic substances is a 2-step process. First, acetone is applied then spun off. Acetone is very effective, but can leave some residue. So afterwards, isopropyl alcohol is applied then spun off. That removes any residue that might remain. I would assume you could use a similar process for cleaning aluminum.

What does a better job of resisting fingerprints afterwards? The alcohol or the windex cleaning solutions?

Just rub the fingerprinty surface on your shirt. Easiest solution that doesn't involve getting some nasty disease by using dettol. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Aaah, don't make videos with that word in it anymore unless you disable youtube comments! The number of people who seem genuinely upset that the word aluminum exists is too high!

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2014 at 2:28 AM, nicklmg said:

Windex

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1z090s2

Amazon: http://geni.us/42Zr

Microfiber Cloths

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1tdXV4k

Amazon: http://geni.us/3Pka

How should you maintain your beautiful brushed aluminum surfaces? Luke tests a few popular methods to find out which is best.

Video will be available 10/23/2014 at 4am PST.

Wait What! NCIX sells Windex. Oh wait the link leads to nothing.