What's your Grandparents using for a computer?

Mac

HP Pavillion for genealogy & family history recording

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

90% of my grandparents "workload" is a web browser and news and such, the other 10% is Rosetta Stone. I would've put some simple linux distro so they can't break the damn system anymore, but that would mean no Rosetta Stone, Word (Very picky, libre won't work [change is no good[, and Kasparov ChessMate.

Also she browses the web via the history drop-down menu, doesn't know anything else.

Malware, those anti virus viruses, and all that crap; and apparently every time i format the PC and get it back to factory settings, it gets infected again, fast; which results in me doing a bad "cleanup".

I officially gave up a few days ago on their machines, and said go to a fucking store or ask somebody else, so when you break it again, you can point the finger at them for doing a "bad job".

Maybe if I could make a ideal windows 7 ultimate image with everything they use, things would go easier [break pc, restore the image I have, and let the cycle repeat]; but making the image would take forever.

When my grandmother was alive she literally played with her Ipad all day and loved it.  For like two years she just learned and did stuff on that ipad.  If there's one thing Apple is good at it, it's making technology easy to understand and accessible.  My grandfather on the other hand didn't even own a phone.  It was hard to keep him from stirring his coffee without a pen.(Yes he used a pen to stir his coffee instead of a spoon.  He also fed any dinner to the dog, grabbed some vodka and chocolate chip cookies and went off to bed.) xP

well a few HP laptops and a (probally outdated yet it has windows 7 but my grandma is a tech guru so maybe she updated it) HP desktop and dor that desktop it probaly doesn't have a desk anymore heck it is probaly in a closet instead of on my desk were I could be upgrading

Hi friend.Who are you?

An AMD Athlon 64 from 2005 with Nvidia graphics. Oh yeah and a 5:4 Monitor... :lol: I took off the side panels once to take a look... Dustiest PC I've ever seen  :wacko:

dude your tellin' me my mom she was gone today so I secretly open it whoa! how does this thing survive!!

Hi friend.Who are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Dell Optiplex 320. He's actually got some decent software (CCleaner, Malwarebytes, etc.) that my uncle presumably loaded up. I think he has used it once this year and he refuses to get something newer because he says his computer is fine.

Nothing, they're dead and computers tool up entire rooms when they were alive.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I pad! On both side of the family my grand parants use ipads

One grandma running an old Windows Vista machine, another runs Windows 7 on a generic HP computer. My mom is much more hip though, rocking the Thinkpad + Arch Linux combo on one machine and Windows 7 on another.

HP Pavilon P764XlZ79

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @2.9GHz

AVC Cooler

Hynix 2GB Ram

Western Digital 250GB Cavair Blue

HP Radeon R5 230

BESTEC 300W PSU

HP Case

they only use a calculator

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

My grandparents have an old IBM PC with Pentium 4 processor and 1-2GB of RAM, I can't remember exactly and a 40GB IDE HDD. It runs Windows XP just fine. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Nothing, they're dead and computers tool up entire rooms when they were alive.

This.  Computers were not a thing when my grandparents were around.