What's your Grandparents using for a computer?

Mac

A Toshiba Satellite with a touchscreen.

He only reads Chinese, so there's so much weird shit (like a virus that won't let you type) that I'm scared to use it.

iMac and Macbooks; my step grandfather used to own a printing business and for graphic design type shit they used Apple stuff evidently. He's very tech savvy, especially so for someone in his 70s. Knows more about this shit than me!

Dads side - Desktop with i5-2500 and 8GB RAM (custom built by a local computer repair store) + macbook pro

Moms side - Desktop with i3 and 8GB of RAM (custom built by me)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I slapped together a 7850K with some MSI mATX board, with 8 gigs of super easy to forget nothing special ram, with a 2TB drive in my old Carbide 300R. PSU is a CX450.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

android tablet

I bought my grandmother an android tablet and chromecast, she's on the internet almost as much as I am now, probably more since she does not work.  She never learned how to use a computer but she uses that voice search on android all the time and flicks videos on youtube and netflix and hbo go to the chromecast/tv.

82 years old, but still lucent and sharp for her age.  But she IS related to me so that stands to reason.  I've seen other grandparents that are out of it, I hope I take after her more than those others as I grow older, I don't want to lose my mind.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

integrated nvidia???

Sorry about the confusion.  What I meant to say is that this is just a low quality graphics integrated with the motherboard, not the processor.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

My grandfather uses a custom built pc. He still plays games like doom, farcry, wolfenstein, etc.

Intel core i5 3570k 

gigabyte motherboard of some sort

gigabyte geforce gtx 660ti

nzxt phantom case 

samsung 850 pro

:o I wish my grandparents did this stuff.

My grandma just runs a Dell AIO with integrated intel graphics and has the lowest end 3rd gen i3 that outperformed my old i5 650 I had.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My grandfather used a Macbook Air and Ipad Mini. I don't remember what my grandmother used, I think it was some older ASUS laptop. I have it sitting on my desk at home but l don't know it offhand.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Like 2 iMacs and one old emachines PC with a P4 and GT 520.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Optiplex with windows XP

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Grandmother an iPad. Grandfather a laptop, but he got a new one with Win8 and don't think he can use it very well.

grandmother1: some ultrabook i dont remember the manufacturer and the specs of with a dockingstation and a 24" screen, shes still working quite a lot for her age tough (its aaaaaall abot da money)  ^_^

grandfather 2: dunno theyre divorced and hes on the other side of the country but last time i was there it was a core2 with some crappy 500 gig hdd and stuff

grandmother2 + grandfather2: crappy crowded slow never-working i3 thing and i am always called to fix it, even if im on vacation or who-cares-the-hell-were -sigh- old people....  -_-

edit:

Mother: laptop with ubuntu (really needs an ssd)

Father: i5 4460 + 8 gigs of ram + gtx 460 

he plays ww2 flight simulators, ARMA and stuff

sadly he doesnt let me build and upgrade his pc so it has a shitty case and not-so-great cooling

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

heaven knows that if I knew I would tell you so that we could all have a good laugh about it.

But no, wait, it turns out that I do in fact know what they use.

My grandma uses an iPad 2 for general stuff like Pinterest and Facebook. Even used it to order pizza once, I think, or that could have been my dad.

My grandpa is a farmer rancher luddite who spends most of his time either sleeping or around cows. The most advanced technology he has ever touched was the automatic gear lever on a 1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne. Yeah.

I have never lived within a radius of 3000 miles of my dad's extended family. I live so far away from my grandparents that I hardly ever see them. It's nice when I do see them, it's just not an environment I could handle for more than a couple of weeks at a time. Idaho is not the techiest of places (despite having Micron founded there. MICRON, of all places!!!)

Well my grandparents are no longer here, so...:(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Some ancient Pentium 3 system with 512mbs of ram.

They are also getting each other a Kindle tablet for Christmas  :)

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Some dell laptop that even with 2 premium anti malware/internet security/anti virus programs running 24/7 they manage to get infected in no time just browsing the web. (Yes adblocker is there)

Damn Russian websites and malwarebytes pro/avg pro not picking up your crap!

Actually built a mid end PC at my grandparents house for me to use when I go over. My grandma likes to use it to listen to some of that chinese opera stuff on my harman kardon soundsticks :P

Specs on it:

i3-4130

Asus R9 270 OC II

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Some kind of custom made senior computer with some kind of modded linux that is slow as hell my pentium 3 is even faster.

Dell Optiplex something. My granddad doesn't use it but my grandma pirates movies(Yarr!), i taught her how to use piratebay and utorrent

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Sorry about the confusion.  What I meant to say is that this is just a low quality graphics integrated with the motherboard, not the processor.

Gotcha

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Cheap Archos tablet, but rarely used.

Dell Optiplex something. My granddad doesn't use it but my grandma pirates movies(Yarr!), i taught her how to use piratebay and utorrent

Dude, piratebay is down again

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro