What's your Grandparents using for a computer?

Mac
  • 1 year later...

Am I the only one here who's grandmother has never used a computer in her life?

you are not alone, I don't think she knows anything AT ALL about them

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

my grandma uses a macbook pro and yeh i dont have a grandpoppy anymore :c

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

my grandma uses a macbook pro and yeh i dont have a grandpoppy anymore :c

My Grandma used my mothers Mac and see was amazed by the speed!

Because he had a hard drive.

My Grandma used my mothers Mac and see was amazed by the speed!

my grandma went to the store with me when she bought the thing and said just get me the best one they have.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

my grandma went to the store with me when she bought the thing and said just get me the best one they have.

I am worried that if I would ask my grandparents for some Memory they would get me some 128Mb DDR1 RAM 

Because he had a hard drive.

In my sig, at the bottom. :D DUAL MONITOR GLORY.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sadly, my grandparents died before they ever saw a computer. :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My nan and pop have some sort of a compaq all in one. Not sure of the specs, but it's kinda new and has windows 7. My grandma and granddad don't have a computer however.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

AMD Turion x2 @ 2Ghz

3GB RAM

Some integrated low quality Nvidia graphics

80GB HDD

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I have only one living grandparent. He has never had a computer and still doesn't.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

What are your grandparents running in their rig?

Disclaimer: I only glanced at the specs before i had to leave. My grandfather has:

Cooler master case

MSI mobo

Intel i7 codename Bloomfield

GT220

GT9000?

AIO liquid cooler 140mm rad

550w psu from cooler master

500gb HDD

It idles at 50 degrees and 65% of the memory is consistently used. The amount of icons on the desktop has me twitching.

I will be upgrading the graphics to something a little more modern.

my grandma doesnt have a computer

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I think they both use an IPad 2.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

An AMD Athlon 64 from 2005 with Nvidia graphics. Oh yeah and a 5:4 Monitor... :lol: I took off the side panels once to take a look... Dustiest PC I've ever seen  :wacko:

Some kind of Vista Dell thing.

She has a Best Buy ad for the wallpaper because "It lets me see the icons better"

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My grandma just asked me and my cousin to upgrade her whole setup, she runs a card businesses from her office so its fairly modern now. Just some cheap but better then the 12 year old dinosaur she had's hardware. and she just now upgraded from dial up to broadband wifi... not to bad anymore but a few months ago it was so bad.

One grandpa gone. Never used one

One grandma gone. Used a p4 for skyping

Other grandma. Never used one

Other grandpa. Same p4 also was used for skyping with the occasional agriculture YouTube video. He had me get rid of it because he thought it was useless.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't know why you would say that on this forum. Not contributing to the conversation at all.

Maybe the same cause of his post is the same one that caused him to count incorrectly.   Every one I've ever met has four grandparents not two.  :)