I can guarantee you I have the slowest internet on the forum

JoshK

Yeah I don't know what these companies are smoking but getting fiber cables across the country doesn't cost as much as they claim. Everyone should have gigabit by now.

300 feet who drops a camera from 300feet and i mostly use cannon because i jsut like the platform more

When you have dozens of people climbing multiple towers each and every day, who are more worried about themselves falling off than the camera... someone is bound to mess up and drop one.

I still have no idea how they get ran over with bobcats though.

name them at least what companiescameras and if you say apple i will come to you house and shank you

I know for a fact the OnePlus One has a Sony camera.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah I don't know what these companies are smoking but getting fiber cables across the country doesn't cost as much as they claim. Everyone should have gigabit by now.

Have you actually quoted how much it costs to run fiber? And you are aware how big the US is right, and how relatively small the telecom workforce is? A company we used to use for underground pulls can't do work for us as the entire company has been spending the last two years pulling fiber to the missile silos in the sandhills, and still have a few years left before they are done. IIRC, it takes them more than a day to go a mile.

Just because it is cheaper than copper, doesn't mean that it is cheap. The cost to lay it is the same, you just save on materials (which is the smallest portion of the total cost anyways).

Fiber connectors are much more expensive than scotchlocks, you need a lot more than a pair of pliers to do a splice, and you also need training... Its much more complicated than fiber is cheaper than copper.

I know for a fact the OnePlus One has a Sony camera.

i have an invite

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i have an invite

I have a phone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Have you actually quoted how much it costs to run fiber? And you are aware how big the US is right, and how relatively small the telecom workforce is? A company we used to use for underground pulls can't do work for us as the entire company has been spending the last two years pulling fiber to the missile silos in the sandhills, and still have a few years left before they are done. IIRC, it takes them more than a day to go a mile.

Just because it is cheaper than copper, doesn't mean that it is cheap. The cost to lay it is the same, you just save on materials (which is the smallest portion of the total cost anyways).

Fiber connectors are much more expensive than scotchlocks, you need a lot more than a pair of pliers to do a splice, and you also need training... Its much more complicated than fiber is cheaper than copper.

Rip up copper and sell it, that pays for the cost of the fiber and a decent portion of laying the new wires down. Fiber itself, those tiny plastic cables, are a dime a dozen. You can span most of the US pretty easily.

Rip up copper and sell it, that pays for the cost of the fiber and a decent portion of laying the new wires down. Fiber itself, those tiny plastic cables, are a dime a dozen. You can span most of the US pretty easily.

Yeah, and considering the selling price of copper, you can make some decent improvements with fibre.

F- haha  I didn't think that was possible :P

So sorry man, that sucks. If I could run an Ethernet cord from here to your house, I would :D 17up/10down isn't great, but it would crush those speeds. Is Hughes Net the only provider? Even Comcast *splashes on holy water* would be better than that.

And who are you going to hire to span the US with those cables? Your local general contractor won't have a clue where to begin, anyone who can do it already is and doesn't have time. Scrap copper wiring like that is worthless, we tore up 300 feet of 50 pair and the local metal place wouldn't pay us for it as they won't make any money due to how much it costs to actually get the copper out of the cable.

The tiny plastic cables are actually glass btw.

I'm with you, I really want it to be fiber everywhere, but unfortunately there are more reasons behind it than ISPs being dicks.

And who are you going to hire to span the US with those cables? Your local general contractor won't have a clue where to begin, anyone who can do it already is and doesn't have time. Scrap copper wiring like that is worthless, we tore up 300 feet of 50 pair and the local metal place wouldn't pay us for it as they won't make any money due to how much it costs to actually get the copper.

The tiny plastic cables are actually glass btw.

Companies already have people to lay wiring...

Companies already have people to lay wiring...

They have people who can make 100 foot runs from a distribution spot, very few (none that I have worked with) companies lay their own backbone.

Century Link for example has NebraskaLink do some of the backbone work here, and NebraskaLink even subs out the trenching.

I...I...I still might have working 44.4kb/s dial up

So stop whining. I used 44.4kb/s dial up when I was a kid, and back then I was a kid so I got so annoyed at how slow it was.

But I feel your pain.

AND if I ever become a poor person, I have a 56k Dial up modem that I can get unlimited 44.4 kb/s internet for 180$/year

Haha, stop whining? Why should i have to settle for poor internet for where I live? It is almost 2015 people and we still dont have decent internet connections to places? I think both ISPs and the government need to buckle down because its about time to get decent internet to rural areas, dial up was a thing of the 90's and early 00's. The whole internet isnt availble where I live thing isnt all the ISPs fault, the government has made many statements for making a push to get decent connections in rural areas, yet nothing has been done cost effective or not. Although it may be hard to believe but where my house is located even some satellite ISPs cant get connection out to us. Ill post a screenshot of my house to show you just how remote my house really is from the nearest town but it is still close enough as to where I should be able to get the proper lines and cables to get proper internet service. I will even draw on the screenshot to show you exactly where the lines end relative to my house. They are ridiculously close, and they should be able to run that much wiring to my house without a scuffle. Of course all confidential info will blurred out. 

Last week I had something like 0.4Mbps down, 0.1Mbps up with 2000ms pings and 25% packet loss because of a line fault. And that's when it was working, at that point after getting progressively worse it was down completely for 18 hours a day. And this on a service that costs $50AU/mo. So I'd argue that was worse.....

..... if it wasn't for the fact that they fixed it the day after it had gotten to that point, gave a full refund for 'nets of that month and had me back at good old 9Mbps 15ms internets. Which is by no means revolutionary but it's at least fast enough that you can actually use it. I have no idea how I used to use dialup. I guess at least back then most of the internet was slow-nets friendly. These days everywhere you go has high res images and full HD video streams.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Get rid of that shit. Hughes net is the absolutely worst internet service I've ever had. You are honestly better off with dial up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Me when I saw that title

b9e4a50269593100cfdd3668638fb23a19ac3724

3852377014.png

Me when I saw that speed

shit-just-got-real.jpg

On a more serious note, I know how you feel, it used to be like that here where I live (Queensland, Aus) it's been slowly getting much better and in some places better than America....until the gumbyment put a stop to that.

I get 100+mb/s upload :D

i get 250 by 250 mbps on a slow day and on a good one i get 300 both ways

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Get rid of that shit. Hughes net is the absolutely worst internet service I've ever had. You are honestly better off with dial up.

We're switching to Exedes 10 gb plan. Install is Monday

We're switching to Exedes 10 gb plan. Install is Monday

Good for you, prepare for hughes net demanding that you dismantle and return their dish or else they charge you $300+

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly here in South Africa we don't have such poor internet so take that back :P

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

That's in Missouri.

I didn't know there was more than one kansas city.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1