Corsair HG10 GPU Bracket Cooler

Jerakl

So I haven't heard any news about this. Feel free to direct me to a post about it :D

Source: Corsair's youtube channel

The Hydro Series HG10 A1 Edition will be available at etailers worldwide in late October.

DID ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS THING?

I sure didn't.

Well that's cool. I do suspect a lot of people will want one for Nvidia :P

:)

IN YOUR EYES THIS MAY NOT COUNT AS NEWS

Mods, if you feel this is not news, feel free to move it 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I heard about it in one of Tek Syndicate's videos. Looks pretty cool.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

It has been known for a while :P

As for the item, it's better than a Kraken G10 but is only compatible with reference GPUs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

basically it's corsair's fail at competing with the G10. it was announced at PAX if I remember right.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

basically it's corsair's fail at competing with the G10. it was announced at PAX if I remember right.

It's a fail compatibility wise, but it solves the poor VRM cooling problem from the G10, the G10 does also look more stylish.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

"Lets blatantly steal NZXT's innovation, increase the price, and only list the compatibility with our own products."

"Cool, what do we call it?"

"Uh, lets take the H from all of our Hydro products and the G10 from the product we're copying..."

"Lets blatantly steal NZXT's innovation, increase the price, and only list the compatibility with our own products."

"Uh, lets take the H from all of our Hydro products and the G10 from the product we're copying..."

well they added heatsink integration,

better mounting,and cooling for other components.

and i do have a kraken g10 on one of my gtx 660's.

"steal"..."innovation"

That sounds wrong.

But yeah, to the last bit, lol.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

oh and some guy a few years ago used to DIY create these kind of bracket and sell them,

and after a year or two nzxt came up with the G10.

Well, NZXT didn't create these, they bought them from TripleT over on OCN.

oh and some guy a few years ago used to DIY create these kind of bracket and sell them,

and after a year or two nzxt came up with the G10.

TripleT is the guy you're thinking about, and they bought the rights from him for the idea and product IIRC.

Its a crap product when compared to the G10.  At least, that is how I feel based on what we currently know.

First, its more expensive.

Second, it is not interchangeable between cards.  You have to buy a certain model for your certain card.  So if you later upgrade to a new card, it won't be compatible.  Unlike the G10, it is compatible with a wide variety of cards, Intel, AMD, reference, non-reference.  Even the 900 series is compatible with the G10.

Third, It is only compatible with reference design cards.  If you have an aftermarket cooler, this product is not for you.

Fourth,  The HG10 looks a lot more difficult to install than the G10.  The G10 isn't a cake walk either, but that video looks a heck of a lot more difficult than the G10 installation video.

One major argument to buy the HG10 over the G10 is because of VRM temperatures.  The Kraken G10 gets a lot of bad publicity because people claim that it has insufficient Voltage Regulation Module(VRM) and Video Card RAM(VRAM) Cooling.  For starters, the VRAM never gets hot enough to be worried about, so lets focus on the VRMs.  Does the GPU need additional heat sinks for the VRAM and VRMs?  In short, no.

The whole "insufficient VRAM/VRM cooling" began with a review of the G10 by Puget Systems.  This review is probably the most critical review of the G10 out there.  While it makes an interesting point, I have to explain its critical flaw to a certain extend.  To begin, their Unigine temperature test, which is most closely related to video game performance, their measured temperatures are perfectly fine, they are even lower with the G10 than with the  stock heat sink for both the GTX Titan and Reference R9 290X(Notorious for high heat).  The only time when we see the temperatures higher with the G10 than the stock heat sink are when they run Kombustor.

Kombustor/Furmark is a program that should NEVER be run.  It puts unnecessary load on the GPU that is completely unrealistic.  It is a card killer.  It is uncommon, but happens enough that it needs to be mentioned.  Kombustor can and will brick your card.  It happened to me earlier this year, and it happens to many others.  I like Tiny Tom Logan's analogy of this stress test.  "It is like the Navy Seals, it is incredibly rigorous and has a low pass rate."

I like to give my components 2 weeks of break in time before overclocking to make sure everything is working properly.  This is what I did with my brand new, MSi GTX 770 Lightning.  I had used the card for 2 weeks, no problems, everything going fine.  As you know with a Lightning, this is a card built specifically for overclocking.  Without knowing what I know now, I ran Kombustor at stock settings to get a baseline for my overclocks.  It took all of 3 minutes running Kombustor on a brand new, factory settings card for it to die.  I am not the only one this has happened to, so I always tell my story whenever I get a chance because Kombustor is a dangerous program, and should not be used.  If you want to run some benchmarks for your GPU, use Unigine, 3DMark, and In-game benchmark utilities.  Not Furmark/Kombustor.

Back to the Puget review.  They ran Kombustor during their test, which as a reviewer, they should do in order to review the G10 in all scenarios to give the reader an idea of what to expect.  My problem with the review and the negative perception it has created is that it is an unrealistic scenario, one which I would not recommend anyone do at home, and you are unlikely to encounter that type of load during regular use.  I'm not aware of any real world applications where your GPU would be put under that much stress.  So lets look at the part of the review that pertains to real world scenarios, their Unigine portion of the test.  The VRM temperatures are perfectly fine, even lower with the G10 than the stock heat sink.  This is with "naked" cards.  A lot of non-reference cards which a lot of people own come with mid-plates that passively cool the VRAM and VRMs. 

To give you an idea of what VRM temperatures are like for those of us at home, we asked members of the OCN G10 Owner's Club, who have cards that can monitor the VRM temperatures to run some tests.  Simple before and after tests. There are two reviews that I will point to. The Asus DCUII GTX 780Ti, Post #1147 and a reference R9 290 Post #1486 & Post #1500

You will see that the guy with the Asus GTX 780Ti was getting DCUII temperatures of 86C on the Core and 104C on the VRMs, his card was overclocked.  You can look at the link to see specifics of his OC, nothing major, very average.  Once he did the G10 modification without extra heat sinks, he was able to further overclock his card, and temperatures dropped to 49C on the Core, and 81C on the VRMs.  This tells us two things.  #1, the VRMs can withstand a lot of heat, #2 the G10's Fan does an excellent job of cooling the VRMs on its own without any heat sinks.  Keep in mind, this card does come with a mid-plate.

There was another test done with a reference R9 290, a card notorious for high heat and VRM throttling.  This person went as far as to do a before and after test with heat sinks on their G10. that they went from 90C on the core with the reference cooler all the way down to 55C with G10 + H55. VRMs went from 110C down to 75C.  The G10's included 92mm fan alone dropped VRM temperatures by 35C!  Most notably, when they added heat sinks the VRM temperatures further dropped from 75C to 60C.  So adding heat sinks does help out if you are concerned about VRM temperatures. This was with a reference R9 290, so it was a naked card without mid-plate to passively help cool VRAM and VRMs.  These are just two examples, if you read through that thread, there are many more.

My personal experience with an EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler is not perfect, but I will mention it anyways.  My card cannot read VRM temperatures, it doesn't have a built in sensor like the other cards I listed.  I did the G10 modification to my card, and just to be safe, I spent an extra $6 to buy some tiny aluminum heat sinks.  I later purchased an NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Controller which has a temperature probe.  I place the temperature probe directly on my card's VRMs and I have never seen it exceed 54C, even in the lengthiest of gaming sessions.

In summation,VRM temperatures are not a concern as long as you don't run a dangerous program like Kombustor/Furmark.  For awhile now people have been thinking that its a hardware problem, when in reality, its a software problem.  You will be perfectly fine buying just a Kraken G10 + AIO of your choice without extra heat sinks.  Any extras you decide to buy are optional.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

To give you an idea of what VRM temperatures are like for those of us at home, we asked members of the OCN G10 Owner's Club, who have cards that can monitor the VRM temperatures to run some tests.  Simple before and after tests. There are two reviews that I will point to. The Asus DCUII GTX 780Ti, Post #1147 and a reference R9 290 Post #1486 & Post #1500

You will see that the guy with the Asus GTX 780Ti was getting DCUII temperatures of 86C on the Core and 104C on the VRMs, his card was overclocked.  You can look at the link to see specifics of his OC, nothing major, very average.  Once he did the G10 modification without extra heat sinks, he was able to further overclock his card, and temperatures dropped to 49C on the Core, and 81C on the VRMs.

Hey you quoted me..lol

You're right though, I had it on my GTX780ti Matrix, the stock cooler which is a slightly bigger version of the Direct CUII couldn't keep the VRM's under 104c, core was always at 82c.

One thing you might of missed is I did have a heat sink on the VRM's but that was the stock Asus DCUII vrm heat sink.

With the amount of 3rd party heat sinks out there I wouldn't buy the corsair mount, like was said before it's limited to reference cards, and only the model mount you buy.

I highly doubt they will make mounts for EVERY card out there, where the Kraken G10 seems to fit on nearly every mid to high range card made in the last 5 years.

Heck I can put it on my new GTX980 if I want without any issues, where the corsair would be thrown out or handed on and I'd be up for a new one.

Hey you quoted me..lol

You're right though, I had it on my GTX780ti Matrix, the stock cooler which is a slightly bigger version of the Direct CUII couldn't keep the VRM's under 104c, core was always at 82c.

One thing you might of missed is I did have a heat sink on the VRM's but that was the stock Asus DCUII vrm heat sink.

With the amount of 3rd party heat sinks out there I wouldn't buy the corsair mount, like was said before it's limited to reference cards, and only the model mount you buy.

I highly doubt they will make mounts for EVERY card out there, where the Kraken G10 seems to fit on nearly every mid to high range card made in the last 5 years.

Heck I can put it on my new GTX980 if I want without any issues, where the corsair would be thrown out or handed on and I'd be up for a new one.

I was quoting sweenytodd actually, Post #1147, but having your experience with the G10 only helps further prove that it is a fantastic design and great way to cool your GPU.  I did mention that his card, the 780Ti Matrix has a built in mid-plate to passively cool VRMs, I had to edit my original post to add this in.

SchoolofMonkey is another example of someone who has had success with the G10 bracket.  Having massive temperature drops on not only the core, but the VRMs as well, without any *extra* heat sinks.

A pack of 20 Tiny Aluminum Heat Sinks can be purchased for $6 if you are concerned about VRM temperatures.  The G10 bracket can be had for between $25 and $30.  Even adding in the cost of heat sinks, it is less expensive than the HG10 and can be moved from card to card as schoolofmonkey illustrated above.

Unless if the HG10 proves to reduce core and VRM temperatures by A LOT more than the G10, it is not a product that you should give your attention to.  The G10 already does the same thing, and it is "universal" compared to the card specific, reference specific, more expensive HG10.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

So apparently after seeing the success of the Kraken G10 Corsair thought they would take it upon themselvs to make one as well, one of the main differences I have seen so far is that while the G10 can use almost any asetek liquid cooler the HG10 can only use Corsair Hydro series coolers.

Source : http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/hg10

Not to mention the HG10 also requires a blower card for its fan. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

But the bonus on this system is that each bracket will be built for the card. So the issues that some people had with the G10 not cooling the ram enough will not be an issue.

I want to see some reviews on this, but if this really does work well for cooling a 290x i might buy in. 130 for a H90 and HG10 is chump change compared to build a full loop.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

But the bonus on this system is that each bracket will be built for the card. So the issues that some people had with the G10 not cooling the ram enough will not be an issue.

I want to see some reviews on this, but if this really does work well for cooling a 290x i might buy in. 130 for a H90 and HG10 is chump change compared to build a full loop.

At this second you have 256 posts. :)

This is really old news.

How is this old news? It came out today.

How is this old news? It came out today.

It was announced several months ago, it was supposed to be released in the end of June if i remember right. They ran into problems in production and it got delayed a bunch.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

It was announced several months ago, it was supposed to be released in the end of June if i remember right. They ran into problems in production and it got delayed a bunch.

Yeah but it was just released. I didn't say its brand new but it was released today.

Yeah but it was just released. I didn't say its brand new but it was released today.

There was a thread already made 2 days ago

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/237434-hg10-gpu-bracket-cooler-wut/

The HG10 was brought up a looooong time ago, so long I can't find the thread anymore.

"Rawr XD"

1) this is a repost

2) the HG10 can use more than jsut corsair liquid coolers. It can use any Asetek design AiO, including the NZXT coolers

3) the HG10 actually cools the VRM and VRAM properly unlike the G10

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm still waiting on this. I actually own a reference board R9 290x and would like to reduce the noise.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors