School Project Build

Kevin235

looks pretty solid man!

id personally get a non pro 

and a wcing aio but thats just me (also a bigger hdd)

and wtf you get to build systems for school projects?! wow xD

Change the PSU. 750 watts is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a single GPU set-up. Your system will never exceed 500 even when overclocked. 

Also change the CPU Cooler maybe? Something that matches your coler scheme maybe? :))

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-AXP-100-Designed-HTPC-Systems/dp/B00AKO0WCW/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1370478339&sr=8-20&keywords=thermalright

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

and wtf you get to build systems for school projects?! wow xD

That's what I was thinking

Change the PSU. 750 watts is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a single GPU set-up. Your system will never exceed 500 even when overclocked. 

Also change the CPU Cooler maybe? Something that matches your coler scheme maybe? :))

http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-AXP-100-Designed-HTPC-Systems/dp/B00AKO0WCW/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1370478339&sr=8-20&keywords=thermalright

I want to potentially go SLI in the future, hence the 750W PSU. Moreover, the NOCTUA CPU Cooler is killer good and I don't mind the color. 

What kind of school is this?! xD 

oh, and btw, does the school pay for that? eheh

I have to pay for it, but its for a personal project that seniors must complete and counts for 75% of our mark in technology. 

I have to pay for it, but its for a personal project that seniors must complete and counts for 75% of our mark in technology. 

Well, as long as you have fun building it... either way, you'll end up with a very nice pc and a good great (I hope so :P )

I'd go for a pre-done liquid cooler over the air cooler. Besides that, very nice build!

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Very nice but go for a h100i and samung 840 non pro

exactly what i did when building mine, cpu hasnt been above 40 degrees celsius and the non pro is about $100 dollars cheaper for a marginally slower (unnoticeably slower) sdd

get the 680 bc the 680 is basically to 770 

Looks like a solid build, only think I can mention is maybe double check whether that ram will be compatible with the D-14 looks like the heat spreaders might be bit high.

You might want to go with a 4670K instead, that way you save some money and get a sound card or a 256GB SSD. Also you might want to get LP versions of that RAM to avoid compatibility issues and an HD 7950/7970 offer better bang for the buck than the 770.

this asus motherboard is soo ugly in my opinion you can buy a much nicer one from gigabyte or msi

this asus motherboard is soo ugly in my opinion you can buy a much nicer one from gigabyte or msi

I like the gold accents and the color scheme of the motherboard, gpu, psu and ram. If you can suggest a different color scheme using similar parts that adhere to a color scheme it would be splendid. 

you may a well get like a corsair h100i if your gona pay that much for a cpu cooler

get the 680 bc the 680 is basically to 770 

770 is cheaper to buy than a 680. Better to get the 770 and then it won't look like it is a generation behind.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

The i7 may be a little bit over kill depending on what you do.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Kevin235, on 07 Jun 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

I like the gold accents and the color scheme of the motherboard, gpu, psu and ram. If you can suggest a different color scheme using similar parts that adhere to a color scheme it would be splendid.

this motherboard has some gold accent http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Z87+Extreme6&N=-1&isNodeId=1 :)

or this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4483#ov :)

PSU is way to overkill, you can run 3 of those gpu on that psu no problem. get a cheaper board, a bigger ssd , an operating system(why do people always forget this) and id rather choose a prefilled liquid cooler then a 90 dollar air cooler.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit