Steam error 53 server too busy

PhilBoisvert
Go to solution Solved by PhilBoisvert,

I consistently have this problem with older COD games and the BL series.  After doing everything short of sacrificing animals to GabeN the following have helped me and others (hint, its basically never antivirus or steam servers fault):

Go to steam/steamapps delete (or rename) the appmanifest_*****.acf files.  This stores the list of games steam has installed.  select which games you previously had installed and reinstall them, this will reestablish the cache and may solve the problem.

Go to steam/steamapps/common/[affected game]  delete all installscript.vdf files.  These tell steam what other redistributables you need to have installed.  sometimes if the wrong version is already installed, this can hang your launch process.  

Go to steam/steamapps/common/[affected game]/_CommonRedist go through all the folders and run the .exe files also run those in steam/steamapps/[affected game]/Binaries/Redist  (this kinda depends on the game, this is for BL)

Did you build your PC?  Do you have a drive larger than 2TB?

Some older engines don't like storing data on an exFat system.  backup your HDD reformat to ntfs and restore from the backup.  If you do have a large drive you will have to have multiple partitions.

Hope that helped,

- Harrison

See the date before reviving zombie thread :P I solved the problem by transfering all game file to the boot drive. It was previously on my secondary HDD that I usefor my games and media.

I can't lunch Borderlands 2. when I start it, the borderlands luncher appear, I play, then it re-appears, I click play again and then a steam window appear saying ''completing installation'' it goes to 100% and then a window pops up and say ''the steam server are too busy to handle your request for borderlands 2 (error code 53)

I read everywhere that it is related to mcafee and the real time security but I don't have mcafee. I have malwarebytes but the real time scanning is not enabled. The only real time scanning thing I have is windows defender. I tried disabeling it but it did not work.

HELP! I have to finish the game before the pre-sequel comes out haha

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Verify you

I can't lunch Borderlands 2. when I start it, the borderlands luncher appear, I play, then it re-appears, I click play again and then a steam window appear saying ''completing installation'' it goes to 100% and then a window pops up and say ''the steam server are too busy to handle your request for borderlands 2 (error code 53)

I read everywhere that it is related to mcafee and the real time security but I don't have mcafee. I have malwarebytes but the real time scanning is not enabled. The only real time scanning thing I have is windows defender. I tried disabeling it but it did not work.

HELP! I have to finish the game before the pre-sequel comes out haha

Verify your files

\

wait a day or two.

and restart your pc.

How is this suppose to solve things? the error has been there since yesterday (I have not played for a couple of month) and I have restarded my PC already.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Verify you

Verify your files

I verified the file it installed something and now it ''an error ocured while updating borderlands 2 (disk write error)'' I guess I will have to redownload it completely...

How is this suppose to solve things? the error has been there since yesterday (I have not played for a couple of month) and I have restarded my PC already.

then you should have told us.

it could really be an error with the steam servers.

check your firewall.

• 5 months later...

I consistently have this problem with older COD games and the BL series.  After doing everything short of sacrificing animals to GabeN the following have helped me and others (hint, its basically never antivirus or steam servers fault):

Go to steam/steamapps delete (or rename) the appmanifest_*****.acf files.  This stores the list of games steam has installed.  select which games you previously had installed and reinstall them, this will reestablish the cache and may solve the problem.

Go to steam/steamapps/common/[affected game]  delete all installscript.vdf files.  These tell steam what other redistributables you need to have installed.  sometimes if the wrong version is already installed, this can hang your launch process.  

Go to steam/steamapps/common/[affected game]/_CommonRedist go through all the folders and run the .exe files also run those in steam/steamapps/[affected game]/Binaries/Redist  (this kinda depends on the game, this is for BL)

Some older engines don't like storing data on an exFat system.  backup your HDD reformat to ntfs and restore from the backup.  If you do have a large drive you will have to have multiple partitions.

Hope that helped,

- Harrison

Hope that helped,

- Harrison

See the date before reviving zombie thread :P I solved the problem by transfering all game file to the boot drive. It was previously on my secondary HDD that I usefor my games and media.