What if (Unlikely) but Quad-Sli M?

VerticalDiscussions

Hello everyone, so altough extremely unexpectable, what if ever we where to have a laptop available that lets say 3500-4500£, what would you expect from it if it had Quad-Chip 980M. Well there are lots of issues with the available room,cooling,wattage,battery life,compatibility and etc...! So altought virtually not soon coming out such laptops, would you buy it over a desktop? As the answer mostlikely is no since the price/time of vanguard tech is totally insane and short, we could still expect great achievements from such a laptop right? Would never be as good as a conventional crated overclocked/filled up pc  :( or as cheap and noise/power effecient (when you come up with UPS and other energy savings)  :ph34r: , but for those with ultra deep desires/pockets for mobility/compactibility/graphical configuration and some battery life this would be incredible ^^. Well tell me your toughts and ideas. Thank you all. :D

post-144012-0-05579500-1413835313_thumb.

Groomlake Authority

im pretty sure M class chips can only do 2way sli

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Most likely, no. For 2-3k$ you could get a desktop many times more powerful

There's also gamestream.

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

no. I wouldn't go for Quad SLI maxwell cards in any system, and I think gaming laptops are stupid.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I would expect to see a huge improvement in battery technology before something like this is possible, but with the promise of fusion coming along, I don't see it being too far away

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

2 SLI is enough IMO, and 2 way SLI in laptops are hard already to cool and stuff... Imagine 4 way...

I wouldnt waste 4000€/$/£ for a toaster...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Most likely, no. For 2-3k$ you could get a desktop many times more powerful

There's also gamestream.

Im pretty sure if you said 3.5k-4k € it would be many times more powerful, but that depends once again on country,prices,tax and other things ^^.

Groomlake Authority

I doubt this would ever work, the power they would need would kill your battery.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)