AMD vs Intel

Spitfire1911

Intel i7 4790K

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

If I had a dollar for every topic titled AMD vs Intel...

You'd have a lot of dollars

The Intel build is better

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Basically I've set up two different setups for a computer within my price range. One with a AMD processor and one with a Intel, I would like some help on which system would be more balenced.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PpZdJx (Intel i7 4790k)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qJvFYJ (AMD FX-9590)

intel obviously

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

But still AMD is doing shit to compete with performance processors. So the more they get shown as a bad choice the more they would have to take off their ass and do something.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

I'm not here to turn this into a argurment of intel and AMD fanboys. I was just asking which system would be more balenced in terms of specs.

intel obviously

Intel - you're paying enough that you might as well go with Intel

AMD is mostly for budget options

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

much money intel, not much money amd

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Intel - you're paying enough that you might as well go with Intel

AMD is mostly for budget options

get i5 4690k then. amd is 6 years old and games will use 1-2 cores, the intel it has x2 performance per core, which means, you have to use a kraken x61 for that amd and struggle with the heat + you need a mobo that can handle that cpu a mobo $250+. when u can make your life easier with intel on stock 3.5 runs the same fps and amd at 5ghz.. but this is you just trolling. so nvm

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Why an SE then an LX drive?

I'm not here to turn this into a argurment of intel and AMD fanboys. I was just asking which system would be more balenced in terms of specs.

you might want to change the title of your post then and also if u are going to go with AMD get the 8350 not the 9590 and just overclock the 8350 it exactly the same CPU 

But still AMD is doing shit to compete with performance processors. So the more they get shown as a bad choice the more they would have to take off their ass and do something.

Hey you are doing progress! You are no longer mocking AMD fans in every single post. But you get me on your side on this one. I am an avid AMD fan, but the CPUs are starting to be horrendously underpowered and outdated as of now.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

you might want to change the title of your post then and also if u are going to go with AMD get the 8350 not the 9590 and just overclock the 8350 it exactly the same CPU

But it might not clock as high as the 9590. I needed around 1.55v to get mine to 5GHz. And OP, go for the Intel option. There is really no excuse to go AMD if you are not on a tight budget and your PC usage is 99.8% rendering/hardcore multitasking.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

From those two option the Intel is way better. But you don't need to buy an expensive AMD CPU and motherboard. Get an 8350 instead of the 9590 and get a more budget motherboard. Don't bother with a top of the line ROG board. There is no need for it. You could save yourself nearly $300 on those two parts.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

But it might not clock as high as the 9590. I needed around 1.55v to get mine to 5GHz. And OP, go for the Intel option. There is really no excuse to go AMD if you are not on a tight budget and your PC usage is 99.8% rendering/hardcore multitasking.

that's because your 9590 is already stock overclocked 

Basically I've set up two different setups for a computer within my price range. One with a AMD processor and one with a Intel, I would like some help on which system would be more balenced.

Intel, its not even a competition.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If the choice is between the 4790k and the 9590, I would choose the 4790k every time. If it was between the 4790k and something more reasonably priced like the 8320e, I might go with the cheaper option. That is; provided I had to choose based on price, if not then it might be 4790k again.

Without knowing how the system is to be used it is difficult to suggest that one is better than the other. You have made the job even more difficult by including different memory, storage, and case.

By the way, the psu that should be included if you want 750W is the EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR, not the G1 that is in both builds.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

between those. Intel all the way.

although I always consider amd builds. just that at that price point I see no reason not to go all blue.

Live your life like a dream.