24-pin issue?

VIhul
Go to solution Solved by VIhul,

That missing pin should be missing if it is a newer powersupply. That pin was used for the -5 Volt wire that was a left over from the AT days and it was removed from the ATX standard quite some time ago.

Your explanation is a bit vague, does your computer not work at all? Or does the restart button in windows not work?

Can you tell us a bit more about your system as well as anything off that might have happened recently?

Finally got it working after re-re-seating EVERYTHING. Thanks for your help guys.

So my computer refuses to restart (turned it off then back on, not hitting restart in Windows) and started re-seating all my cables when I noticed that the 5th "pin" from the right side of my 24-pin, with the clip side up, was missing. I've known this since day one, but my computer has booted fine until now. Could this missing pin be the issue?

By pin I mean the metal that surrounds the pin on the Mobo.

I don't think I've ever seen a 24 pin with that cable actually there.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I don't think I've ever seen a 24 pin with that cable actually there.

Yeah... It may be my Mobo, as one important detail I forgot about, is that I can plug my phone into a USB 2 port and it will charge.

By any chance... Do you think it could be an issue with my CPU cable?

So my computer refuses to restart (turned it off then back on, not hitting restart in Windows) and started re-seating all my cables when I noticed that the 5th "pin" from the right side of my 24-pin, with the clip side up, was missing. I've known this since day one, but my computer has booted fine until now. Could this missing pin be the issue?

By pin I mean the metal that surrounds the pin on the Mobo.

That missing pin should be missing if it is a newer powersupply. That pin was used for the -5 Volt wire that was a left over from the AT days and it was removed from the ATX standard quite some time ago.

Your explanation is a bit vague, does your computer not work at all? Or does the restart button in windows not work?

Can you tell us a bit more about your system as well as anything off that might have happened recently?

Finally got it working after re-re-seating EVERYTHING. Thanks for your help guys.