ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme plus a GTX 980 AMP! Extreme Giveaway!

I've never tried overclocking my GPU before,and these cards are obviously great for that. Also, you know, Star Citizen probably won't be able to run on my 7850...

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1wagR2r

Amazon: http://geni.us/HRC

ZOTAC sent us their two beastly editions of the GTX 970. These cards look pretty darn cool in our opinion, but do they overclock as well as their flashy design would suggest?

Zotac_logo.png

ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! EXTREME GIVEAWAY

ZOTAC has been kind enough to offer you guys, the awesome Linus Tech Tips community, the exclusive chance to win their brand new top of the line ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme graphics card!

So how do you enter? Just comment below in this thread and let us know what you like about the ZOTAC AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme, or the new GTX 900 series in general.

This is a world-wide giveaway and will run from October 17, 2014 until October 24, 2014 at 4pm PDT. The winner will be drawn live on the October 24 WAN Show using a random number generator and will be contacted by me through the forum. If you receive a message anywhere other than the forum claiming that you are the winner (through YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter) please IGNORE that message as it is NOT from us.

Thanks in advance for your comments, and thanks to ZOTAC for sponsoring this giveaway!

I own a Zotac GTX 570 Synergy Edition, so would like to stick with a tried and tested brand

These new cards are awesome!, My favorite thing about them is their uniqueness, the coolers are different from what else is on the market, as well as their custom PCB design. They are definitely more focused towards the extreme enthusiast! which is great to see.

SUPER excited for the 970 price / performance vs. the 980, and dat 3-way [fan] cooler!!!

I'm probably playing a game right now...

This is my entry. The card looks amazing and would be a huge upgrade to my rig!

Never owned a nivida card would be nice if I won this also I still have XFX 6970 and it will be a nice boost on the frame rate sadly I only have 60HZ TV hooked up to me PCbut at least newer games will not run like ass.

I'm liking the 900 series a lot.  Good design choice to increase power efficiency by NVIDIA.  I'm going to keep my 770 for awhile but I like the future.

wOULDN'T IT BE nice i FIGURED i WOULD IMPROVE MY ODDS AND POST WAY THE HELL back here

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Omg I want this ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP hip hip horaay if it get it...

My Rig; Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V PRO, CPU - i7-2600k @ 4.1GHz, GPU - Asus STRIX 980, RAM - 8GB Patriot G2 @ Stock,

CPU Cooler H80i, PSU - Corsair CX500, Case - Fractal Design R4Rear Exhaust - Noctua NF-A15 without silent cable, Front Intake2 x Fractal Design Silent Series R2 Fan 

Zotac has done amazing things to this card, it looks awesome! I can't even imagine the power of that thing, so far the best card i've ever had is a Gtx 750, so that thing would be a beast to me :) Zotac sure knows how to make some awesome looking cards!

Damn, this card looks gorgeous, would love it in my rig. My favourite thing has to be the metal-esque aesthetic and the great power to performance you get from the 900 series. Best of luck to everyone.

Both of those cards look pretty dang sweet.  I like the design of the coolers and their shrouds as well as the backplates (even if they are a bit bulky).  The 980 can be a pretty beastly card too :)

Love that good looking heat sink. plus it's super fast to boot. Best of both worlds.

Zotac powa ! I wish i could own one for my rig. The design is great and performances are awesome

I'd like to see gpu's faced up or something. why hide the design? and if it must be faced down.. all i ask for is Backplate plox

I like the fact they've got great coolers on them, because water cooling them would to be next to impossible not being a reference compatible layout.

I just like it cause honestly its just a powerful gpu in which simply I could play games at a high graphical level!

The processing power/efficiency of these things is just amazing. I'm SO happy that I got one. A second one would just make all those 4K gaming dreams come true!

The GTX 900 series is awesome because of the new maxwell architecture allowing for great efficiency and power. The 980 is definitely on my list for my new build!

Nice looking cards =)

\\ Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 5GHz // Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77 X-UD4H  // CPU BL: EK-Supremacy EVO Acetal // Pump+Top: EK-D5 Vario + X-TOP  // Res: Bitspower Z-Multi 250mm  // Rads: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 80mm 480mm + Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm  // GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5 OC 1100MHz//1550MHz // GPU BL: Alphacool NexXxos GPXR9280M07 // PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK // RAM: 16GB 4x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP 1600MHz // Tubing: Xspc HighFlex 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD // Fittings: EK-CSQ 13/19mm + EK-AF 45°/90° + Koolance QD3 + Others  // HDDs: 256GB Crucial M4 + 30GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G  + 8TB Seagate 3.5  // Fan Control: Lamptron Touch 30w x 6 // Fans: Noiseblocker BlackSilent PL2 1400rpm x12 + BitFenix 140mm Spectre PRO 1200rpm x2 // OS: Windows 8.1 X64 // LEDS: Darkside // Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 // Keyboards: Corsair Vengeance K95 + Logitech G13 // Monitors: Eizo Forbis FS2333BK x3 \\

I like the cooler and the build quality plus the 980 is a monster. Good luck to everyone

hmmmm, isn't that cooler a bit overkill for a video card with such low TDP? I think a two slot dual fan third party cooler design should be enough for both the 980 and the 970. The limitation is voltage not really thermal.

zotac looking good this time around and they stepping it up.

What I liked about the new ZOTAC GPU line up is the naming scheme, the name of "Omega" and "Extreme" caught my attention (most of my online game IGN do contain either one of the words in it). In addition to the naming scheme, I personally think that ZOTAC made a great choice to include a metal shroud in the Omega line.

From all of the reviews that read and watched online do comment about the Maxwell 2.0 Nvidia gpu do perform much more cooler and quieter compared not only previous gens of Nvidia gpu but also better against the offerings from the competitor as well. Man, that power draw with the heighten performance without a die shrink really blew me away, I am going to be greatly benefit from upgrading from a GTX 570 to a GTX 970/ GTX 980.