High end 4 way sli mobo z97

Hey I am in the market for a 4 way sli mobo for the Z97 chipset, either the Ga Z97x Gaming G1, the Ga Z97x Gaming G1 WIFI Black edition, or the EVGA Z97 Classified. I am also open to other suggestions. I am going to use an i5 4690k. Thank you

You should be using x99 for 4 way SLI/Xfire.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hey I am in the market for a 4 way sli mobo for the Z97 chipset, either the Ga Z97x Gaming G1, the Ga Z97x Gaming G1 WIFI Black edition, or the EVGA Z97 Classified. I am also open to other suggestions. I am going to use an i5 4690k. Thank you

Why a 4 way SLI motherboard? The maximum you want to be doing is 3 way, as 4 way barely adds any benefit for what you're paying in the cost for the fourth GPU as well as heat and power consumption. Even if you did 4 way SLI you should be using X79/X99 as Z97 has limited PCIe lanes to support it. 

"Rawr XD"

Pugs have no clues about your needs,  MegaDave91 is right. For that amount of graphic power, you better with X99 that gives way more PCI-E lanes to get most of your GPUs. That being said, multi GPUs can get bottlenecked by some game at some specific resolutions. An a exemple, in 1080p 2 graphic cards scale well in almost all games but 3 don't except in most demanding games like Crysis 3.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

-snip-

I wish I could tell my curiosity "no", but it just doesn't work that way...like accidents on the highway, Mac's for web browsing, or why my cat has the insatiable need to knock everything off my desk... all questions that need answers

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Why a 4 way SLI motherboard? The maximum you want to be doing is 3 way, as 4 way barely adds any benefit for what you're paying in the cost for the fourth GPU as well as heat and power consumption. Even if you did 4 way SLI you should be using X79/X99 as Z97 has limited PCIe lanes to support it. 

There are motherboards like the Gigabyte Z97xGaming G1 Wifi-BK (that was what this thread was supposed to be, helping him decide a motherboard for it lol) that have the plx chip to support 4-way, but yeah, you shouldn't be doing 4-way SLI on Z97. 

There are motherboards like the Gigabyte Z97xGaming G1 Wifi-BK (that was what this thread was supposed to be, helping him decide a motherboard for it lol) that have the plx chip to support 4-way, but yeah, you shouldn't be doing 4-way SLI on Z97. 

There are X99 boards with dual PLX (X99-E WS) allowing 16/16/16/16. Granted, that board is stupidly expensive, but these options do exist. Without PLX, X99 is either 28 or 40 PCIE lanes depending on which CPU you choose. 

Even if you did go 8/8/8/8 on a Z97 board with PLX, due to the latency introduced by the PLX chip, you really wouldn't get true 8/8/8/8 performance.

As others have said, 4 way is crazy and ridiculous. The advantages over 3 way are almost immeasurably small. Go 3 way at the most. 

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

4 way SLI is almost pointless, the most you should go with is 3 to begin with, but go for an x99 board not a z97.
Not enough money/fps for anyone to be doing that kind of rig unfortunately mate :\

Id go with a two way SLI on a z97 classified if I were you

Even if you did go 8/8/8/8 on a Z97 board with PLX, due to the latency introduced by the PLX chip, you really wouldn't get true 8/8/8/8 performance.

This is wrong

As others have said, 4 way is crazy and ridiculous. The advantages over 3 way are almost immeasurably small. Go 3 way at the most.

This is right

OP, don't even bother considering 4 way SLI, most games won't even get any benefit from 3 way SLI...heck, some games don't even support 2 way SLI and the ones that do more often than not will get less than 60% performance increase from card #2...the third card will often be sitting there doing nothing...let alone the 4th card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Maximum I'm going is 3 cards but I want the ability to have 3 and a sound card but don't wanna have to drop a ton on x99