NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

HTB1uv3BGXXXXXXzaXXXq6xXFXXX6_zps063b89b

WOW :0 That's Thin :0

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Took advantage of the weather today sanded the case up with some 400 grit .brought the case outside and painted some plastic bonding primer 2 coats came out pretty good will keep it nice and sealed until spring when i can go all out on the paint! just wanted to you guys/gals and myself  to see what I been going for with the bottom of the case! hope you like.

IMG_20141109_155820_zpsoiyckquf.jpg

IMG_20141109_155832_zpsdiwebil3.jpg

IMG_20141109_155801_zpsrmakcgan.jpg

IMG_20141109_155741_zpsgywhipsx.jpg

just wanted to share my banner that the very kind Rumikarimu made for me!

nesbanner_zps0e741045.png

Looking really sharp after those coats of primer  ;), interesting to see how that slim HDMI cable works out, you may need some shielding but I could be wrong about that.

Woot Woot my 1000th post! B) 

Looking really sharp after those coats of primer  ;), interesting to see how that slim HDMI cable works out, you may need some shielding but I could be wrong about that.

Woot Woot my 1000th post! B) 

thanks! I kinda like the white lol

I'll shield it if needed ,but at least I know it will fit.

The thing with this build I have learned is as much planning you do it seems like something will hang you up but you just make it work some how ! So far I have 2  fans and 1 hdmi adapter and 2 hdmi cables that will not be getting used and a can of primer that is useless (still can return that tho)

Grats for making a 1000

thanks! I kinda like the white lol

I'll shield it if needed ,but at least I know it will fit lol

The thing with this build I have learned is as much planning you do it seems like something will hang you up but you just make it work some how ! So far I have 2  fans and 1 hdmi adapter and 2 hdmi cables that will not be getting used and a can of primer that is useless (still can return that tho)

Grats for making a 1000

I know exactly how you feel when you try to mod something it's always something you need but don't have and it turns into a waiting game hovering over the mailbox waiting for stuff to arrive. It's always difficult to plan all the way in advance also since many times you need to have certain parts completed before deciding on what to get next or what needs to be done to get a certain look or for things to function.

All in all everything looks to be coming together very nicely. :)

GPU is the next crucial part i need, until then i can work on the power buttons . can't really clean up the inside of the case to much until i get every thing fitted in there.

P.S. any one reading this thread that has a low profile gpu  (750 ti or 750 would be awesome) that can help me with some dimensions let me know thanks!

Also Thanks to all people following ,helps with my motivation to keep this on the right track!

if you get a couple of emulators and configure some controllers, you could actually play some NES games

15 4670K, Hyper TX3 Evo, MSI - Z97 GD-65, GTX 750ti, 8Gb Ripjaws G.Skill, Graphite 230T

YOU WHAT M9?! MY GPU IS BEAST

if you get a couple of emulators and configure some controllers, you could actually play some NES games

Only on a tech forum would you rebuild a NES to house current technology to play the games it was originally designed for.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

just wanted to show my tiny buttons,will attach to the original buttons some time soon.soldered one up and powered on and off the system a few times, works great.

IMG_20141110_210809_zpsukmtnmbd.jpg

Just wanted to share this little guy that came out today ,looks promising. I most definitely like the dual fan setup compared to the galaxys one fan.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127836&FM=1

are you gonna be using a riser or just modifying the height of the card??

Im going to try without a riser with just using a low profile bracket.if that fails a riser will be on order. I have seen another nes PC with the lid closed with the GPU installed directly on the mother board.

Im going to try without a riser with just using a low profile bracket.if that fails a riser will be on order. I have seen another nes PC with the lid closed with the GPU installed directly on the mother board.

You've inspired me to do something similar but with the new ITX sized 970 that will be coming out.

itx 970? whaaaaaaa?

Sir, the Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition and H97 chipset are not made by AMD silly.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

just ordered a kill a watt meter. so i could see how far i could push this little pico psu on overclocking and have enough overhead for my gpu! also ordered a soldering stand for 6 bucks i'll mod it if its crap lol, it will be here by Saturday thanks to amazon prime.

I'll give some wattage readings this weekend!

killawatt_zps278b0cc5.jpg

stand_zps6c79b54b.jpg

Itx 970 nice ,what kind of case are you thinking of ?? Nes shell

I was thinking of some other kind of retro case, but it's a definite possibility.

Any one want to take guess at total system wattage? Will do the test with prime 95 blend test.

I'll start with my guess-67 watts

System specs so far

CPU g3258 @4.0ghz 1.1volts

High voltage ram 2x 4gb 1.65v

5400 rpm 2.5 hdd

2 silent 7 70mm fans

Any one want to take guess at total system wattage? Will do the test with prime 95 blend test.

I'll start with my guess-67 watts

System specs so far

CPU g3258 @4.0ghz 1.1volts

High voltage ram 2x 4gb 1.65v

5400 rpm 2.5 hdd

2 silent 7 70mm fans

95W