NES build 1985-2015 30TH anniversary " NES 3.0"(completed final pics!)

ungreedy

Well as you can see last night I got the xbox power brick modded and the pico psu and some ram installed. Also got it to post! Tonight I got windows installed did some overclocking so far got it to 4.0 with a -.150 vcore offset prime 95 stable.going to go lower on the vcore tomorrow. trying to get heat and wattage down as much as possible. On the stock cooler would stay right under 70c. Not sure how to read the vcore on speedfan app? If its the vcore that seems so low ( vcore @ .87 ).also my 12v reading seems bugged? Only ran into one major problem and that is my hdmi right angle adapter (smallest one i could buy ) is not small enough to fit in to my case the way I have my MB mounted and the ribbon cable I have on order will only work with the gpu becuase I'll have the room .post a pic of the cable tomorrow so you see what i mean. I will most definitely be getting some low profile ram the pico psu rubs against the ram i have now.Was not planning to use this memory any way.So now its just saving money for a gpu and ram. X-mas is soon sure I could convince my wife to let me spend some money early  :D . BTW this is being posted on the NES!!

nintendopcocn_zps414aaee8.png

IMG_20141106_204441_zps4efqva82.jpg

just wanted to share the hdmi cable i bought for this guy most low profile i could find. I'll take a chance with aliexpress never used them before :wacko: About to set up the nes again with the lid on to get some temp readings and try to undervolt some more.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/FPV-HDMI-Adaption-Cable-Standard-HDMI-Male-to-Standard-HDMI-Male-Cable-for-Multicopter-Aerial-Photography/32220291931.html

just got done undervolting to its limits @ 4ghz  with the vcore at 1.134 pretty darn happy with that. Seems like a slightly above average cpu from what i have gather from around the web. All testing was done with the lid on this round. My temps still today even with the lid on with no intake vent stayed at 70c and below. Yeah so speedfan and HW monitor was giving bad readings for sure after doing some testing. cpu-z seems right on with its vcore readings compaired to the bios settings

going to start to disassemble and do some case mods tonight and tomorrow. going to start with my intake vents.

posted from the nes.

IMG_20141107_221721_zpskgcymegy.jpg

External PSU? 

If so which one?

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

Will the powerbrick be in the case..? :o

it will be on the outside like a laptop.there would be no room for it on the inside I'm going to stuff a gpu in the case also!

Thanks! Going to see how it looks with the controller port piece flushed out. Going for the smooth look. Mostly everything I'm going to use on this is going to be wireless so I don't really want any USB or ports exposed on the front .tho I think I'm going to hide some behind the cartridge door.

hiding behind the cartarige flap thing is a great idea.

if this was a few years ago i'd say a slim loading dvd slot and some card readers... but... lets face it. 

no one needs those. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

it will be on the outside like a laptop.there would be no room for it on the inside I'm going to stuff a gpu in the case also!

nice.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

hiding behind the cartarige flap thing is a great idea.

if this was a few years ago i'd say a slim loading dvd slot and some card readers... but... lets face it. 

no one needs those. xD

yup,have my window  installs on a usb stick now a days!

ok finished some mods today. got my side vent for the intake fans done ,side piece for the fans made to seal the intake area from the rest of the case,back peice for the inputs and outputs (hdmi power ect..) and the beauty piece to hide the I/O area of the mother board. have the grill epoxied on right now still drying ,I'll check on that in a few hours .hope there is not any or much epoxy run off :( will be a pain in the but to fix/clean. will post back with the outcome of that later. here come the pics lol.

IMG_20141108_154825_zpsmuhtsjul.jpg

IMG_20141108_151925_zpsr6cgmbf8.jpg

IMG_20141108_151947_zpsp7vi7c2d.jpg

IMG_20141108_163913_zpsughxpwt1.jpg

rockstar drink in the backround.

noice breh.

-Jim Hensen

One thing I'm wondering is how will a graphics card fit inside the NES? The two are not compatible, from what I remember.

The NES is too short. The graphics card too tall.

Or is there some sort of side PCIe adapter? .

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

One thing I'm wondering is how will a graphics card fit inside the NES? The two are not compatible, from what I remember.

its like building in the azza Z.

pci riser cards/cable cord wire thing. 

HAVE FAITH MY CHILD FOR ALL PC PARTS WILL FITTT

-Jim Hensen

well one way or another it will fit haha :D but it should drop right in the board and fit with the low profile bracket of coarse. If any one here has a low profile gtx 750 or ti and can put a tape measure on it to see how far it sticks up from the MB that would be awesome!

galaxy_zps56886df7.jpg

considering the following photo:

galaxy_zps56886df7.jpg

you could unplugg the vga part that has that sad little ribbon cable on it, and cut the metal slot part off...... xD

that card is so adorable. >_< so small. :3 

xD

i had to do a similar thing with my third monitor, it only accepts vga and on my laptop theres only an hdmi and vga out, but they're right up on eachother, so i had to cut off one of the screws on the vga connector and bend the metal back and forth for an hour to rip it off. 

was worth it tho. xD

-Jim Hensen

considering the following photo:

you could unplugg the vga part that has that sad little ribbon cable on it, and cut the metal slot part off...... xD

that part comes off with the low profile bracket that is supplied with it.

that part comes off with the low profile bracket that is supplied with it.

ah.

-Jim Hensen

All right the moment of truth taken the clamps and tape off to see how my epoxy job went.

IMG_20141108_205704_zps8q1tjur1.jpg

all most like it was always there :D

IMG_20141108_205814_zpsx6feasur.jpg

IMG_20141108_205843_zpsw5dmzvtb.jpg

Doing a couple more things tonight maybe more to show tomorrow.

Could not wait until tomorrow to finish my little experiment of flushing out the control ports. Now just picture in your head the case all matte black and the accent pieces blue with black case badges ( intel/nvidia badges) . I really like it ! only bad part is ill have to do it all over again because this piece was damaged on arrival look like some one tried to pry it open from this spot. what do you guys think??

IMG_20141108_230930_zpsmyflyesg.jpg

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...........

looks great.

-Jim Hensen

thats okay. 

personally badges dont need to be straight cause eventually they'll fall off anyway. (why i personally just have a blank poster to stick all my badges on)

-Jim Hensen