Ducky Shine Mini 60% Keyboard

It likely wont. You can get a lot of decent colors using only R/B. Though, white would be nice to see. It's likely that next year we will see a Ducky Shine using all three (R/G/B) next year once the exclusive deal that Cherry has with Corsair runs out.

The dealbreaker for the Massdrop itself for me is that it seems to only come in ANSI layout, and I want ISO. Large Enter and long right-shift. Else I would have gotten a Ducky Mini with MX Clear. Oh welp :c

White is the only LED color I like because it's neutral.  I'm tempted to go buy a Mini with Browns somewhere else and solder new LEDS in.  I'm not sure it's worth the investment yet though... AND Mini's are rare to begin with, let alone in the switch and chassis color I want.  It's probably a ~$200 project for a keyboard that shouldn't be above ~$120.

edit: Actually. scratch that bit, mechanicalkeyboards.com has all Mini's except for the Gray case with Browns in-stock.

Silver Case: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=Ducky+Mini+Silver+Case

Gray Case: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=ucky+Mini+gray+Case

$119.99 for Red/Blue/Brown Switches

$139.99 for Green Switches

They're also currently offering free shipping (US only).

edit2: After looking at how the keyboard handles LED colors, changing the LEDs is a no-go.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

~snip~

There WAS the first generation Ducky Mini that had Brown switches, along with White LED's. But that were only available in Nordic layout if I remember right.

I would love to get the new Ducky Mini with MX Clear switches to try them out, but I want ISO and nordic layout. Sadly I don't think that we will ever get it with Clear, nor Brown Switches.

There WAS the first generation Ducky Mini that had Brown switches, along with White LED's. But that were only available in Nordic layout if I remember right.

I would love to get the new Ducky Mini with MX Clear switches to try them out, but I want ISO and nordic layout. Sadly I don't think that we will ever get it with Clear, nor Brown Switches.

Oh wow... there's a V2?  They really need to name them correctly.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

interesting to test one of this, but its to expensive to buy one. Its small its mechanical, and have huge of functions, a wireless version of this would be an idea :-)

Oh wow... there's a V2?  They really need to name them correctly.

The current Ducky Mini that's being sold (and that Linus made a video about) is the second version. With aluminium frame and all.

This is what the first generation looked like. (MX Brown 'Purple' LED on mine).

Bz-iYJuIEAAfAHs.jpg

The current Ducky Mini that's being sold (and that Linus made a video about) is the second version. With aluminium frame and all.

This is what the first generation looked like. (MX Brown 'Purple' LED on mine).

Oh wait, well then no.  Didn't you look at my links?  The ones I posted definitely have the aluminum frame.

Oh wait, well then no.  Didn't you look at my links?  The ones I posted definitely have the aluminum frame.

I did. Just sayin' that they did make some 60% versions with white LED's and Brown switches. Though, none like the current Mini's.

I did. Just sayin' that they did make some 60% versions with white LED's and Brown switches. Though, none like the current Mini's.

So you're saying they made V1's with White LEDs... But these are V2's.  So that doesn't matter because they're aesthetically completely different keyboards.

Pretty sure that's what they've always been called? People colloquially call them "Poker" keyboards, but Poker is actually just the most popular brand of 60% keyboards. The proper name is 60% keyboard as far as I know.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-mini/

I'm pretty sure that Poker is just the most popular 60% keyboard. It is make by Vortex. As a matter of fact, there is even a Poker II.

How long does Massdrop usually take to process an order? I ordered a ducky yesterday (36~ hours ago) with paypal and it still says payment pending -- paypal is usually pretty quick. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This would be a sick gift for my brother if I could afford it.  I'd have it illuminate in oragnge for 'S P I C E W O R K S' across the keyboard (cause he's a VP at the Austin based firm).  But damn homey, that stuff is expensive!

How long does Massdrop usually take to process an order? I ordered a ducky yesterday (36~ hours ago) with paypal and it still says payment pending -- paypal is usually pretty quick.

The drop has to finish.

The logo looks amazing! Probably because it is a duck. I like ducks...

Looks absolutely awesome, just can't help but feel the obligate wired connection seems like a bit of an oversight given the most likely use-cases.

Bring out a wireless version with the same functionality and I'll be all over that; screw the Type 2 cover (perfectly happy as I was with it, until now). Getting to use this would probably be enough of an excuse to finally drive me to make a move on the Linux server/HTPC/NAS system I've been meaning to build for a while now too... Whether or not it'd replace my K90 for my desktop, I'm not sure;  give me the option to use it wirelessly though and you can be damn sure I'd give it a try.

The drop has to finish.

Even if its already reached the lowest price....thats stupid 

This would be a sick gift for my brother if I could afford it.  I'd have it illuminate in oragnge for 'S P I C E W O R K S' across the keyboard (cause he's a VP at the Austin based firm).  But damn homey, that stuff is expensive!

It can't be orange, the LEDs are only capable of blue-red and everything in between.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

• 1 month later...

I just received my Ducky Mini in the mail today, and it is awesome! It's also my first mechanical keyboard, and I just love the sound and feel of Cherry MX blue switches. 

I just received my Ducky Mini in the mail today, and it is awesome! It's also my first mechanical keyboard, and I just love the sound and feel of Cherry MX blue switches. 

lucky bastard....it's been at the post office in the town over since yesterday, and it's supposed to be delivered today, but still hasn't been and still haven't been updated as to whether or not it's on the truck out for delivery :( 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

lucky bastard....it's been at the post office in the town over since yesterday, and it's supposed to be delivered today, but still hasn't been and still haven't been updated as to whether or not it's on the truck out for delivery :(

Sorry to hear that. I actually had to run over to my post office, since they close early today. But it was definitely worth it. :D

Sorry to hear that. I actually had to run over to my post office, since they close early today. But it was definitely worth it. :D

If I had a car I would, alas, I do not. Anyway, it's "scheduled" for delivery today....so hopefully it will be delivered today. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you by any chance know if it was delivered by USPS or UPS? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do you by any chance know if it was delivered by USPS or UPS? 

It was delivered to me via USPS. 

It was delivered to me via USPS. 

yea, nvm...I decided to go down and check and lo and behold there it was. I've been using it for the past 10 minutes or so...and I really suck at typing on it compared to my red k70 :unsure: 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

yea, nvm...I decided to go down and check and lo and behold there it was. I've been using it for the past 10 minutes or so...and I really suck at typing on it compared to my red k70 :unsure:

You can imagine how much bigger the change is for me; I've only ever typed on rubber dome keys! I think the backspace is the weirdest for me.