Ducky Shine Mini 60% Keyboard

Are they already sold out of blues and reds? I just checked and only clears are selectable. 

I'm considering replacing my K70 with a TKL (Quickfire Rapid-i and Ducky Shine Mini). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Are they already sold out of blues and reds? I just checked and only clears are selectable. 

I'm considering replacing my K70 with a TKL (Quickfire Rapid-i and Ducky Shine Mini).

Clears are what you should get anyway, so its fine. ;)

Clears are what you should get anyway, so its fine. ;)

And why is that? 

I think I'd prefer a lighter switch; then again...who the fuck knows... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

And why is that? 

I think I'd prefer a lighter switch; then again...who the fuck knows...

Cause their actually tactile. :D Also with the weight you basically never bottom out unless you try.

Cause their actually tactile. :D

Also with the weight you basically never bottom out unless you try.

Isn't the only difference that clears are heavier and have a higher actuation point -- how are they more tactile? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Isn't the only difference that clears are heavier and have a higher actuation point -- how are they more tactile?

They have a stronger spring and the actuation point is in the same place on all MX switches.

The bump on a clear is bigger than any other cherry MX switches thus making them more tactile, not that you can call brows tactile as they're more of a scratchy red.

They have a stronger spring and the actuation point is in the same place on all MX switches.

The bump on a clear is bigger than any other cherry MX switches thus making them more tactile, not that you can call brows tactile as they're more of a scratchy red.

Well, the one thing that I have to wonder about is, why are there so few clear keyboards....It makes me think that most people don't like them...(at least in comparison to the alternatives -- blues/reds/browns). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, the one thing that I have to wonder about is, why are there so few clear keyboards....It makes me think that most people don't like them...(at least in comparison to the alternatives -- blues/reds/browns).

If you look at actual cherry branded boards there are a good number. Also many POS (point of sale) boards use clears as well. Likely because the extra tactility can be beneficial.

I see you left black out which prior to companies like cooler master and corsair making gaming mechanical keyboards on a large scale were the main choice for gamers and gaming boards because they are linear. The reason reds took off is due to marketing them as "gaming switches" because their crazy light, actually too light in my opinion. Prior to this there were 2 well known boards that had reds a limited edition filco that had almost a $50 premium if I recall and the original Leopold TKL (200 series if I recall correctly) which had a $20-30 premium. The whole reason for the higher price was no one was buying them and these were only small runs because it wasn't a popular switch at the time.

Also companies dropped blacks because now reds were in and we're linear and why have two linear switches in your Linux. I generally prefer blacks, greens, and clears. Take a look at the WASD code if you want to see a good example of a enthusiast company adopting clears and greens.

-snip- 

One thing I'm curious about....So, by default, backspace would be backspace (not delete)-- and I would personally leave it that way....Now, say I had to enter the bios (i.e. hit delete), would fn+backspace act as delete at the bios level. Since theres no software for any of it (i.e. its all done on the keyboard), my assumption would be that there shouldn't be an issue.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

One thing I'm curious about....So, by default, backspace would be backspace (not delete)-- and I would personally leave it that way....Now, say I had to enter the bios (i.e. hit delete), would fn+backspace act as delete at the bios level. Since theres no software for any of it (i.e. its all done on the keyboard), my assumption would be that there shouldn't be an issue....

yep no issue what so ever. I would also leave it stock but say if you were more used to the stock layout of a HHKB you might want to change it. BTW idk if anyone uses the stock layout of the HHKB as flipping 2-3 of the dip switches makes the experience much better.

Hmm I'll think about it, thanks.

Wendel covered doing the ipad one for a ITX build, which is something I still want to do.

Ugh. Don't see myself cramming my hands on to that keyboard.

Im 13 and already have larger hands than my father xD

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

The key spacing isn't any less than most full sized keyboards, it's just lacking the features that a large number of people don't need (myself included). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah i know but the screen is pretty small, i could fit 2-3 in the case and i don't need a touch screen :P

Touch screen wont work. Now that's and idea, iPad screen surround!

Main cluster is the same size as a normal board.

Linus, I love your channel. It took me a while to get used to the fact that you're a goober, but you give solid advice. However, I'm getting tired of the peripherals reviews; specifically keyboards and mice. I'm not saying "this is the last straw" but I am saying that this is what will ultimately make me less and less interested in your videos. The guys that I work with almost always talk about benchmarks, build advice and tech news that you put forth, but I literally can't think of a single time that someone in our office brought up anything from one of your keyboard or mice videos. It's like watching a show you love and then patiently sit through filler, because you know the good stuff is coming.

Yeah, I could just not watch your videos on keyboards or mice, but like a TV show, the moment you start saying to yourself "eh, I don't really want to watch that episode" is the beginning of the end. Ratings start to drop off because people are less and less interested in the material. Yeah, you'll get new people from new videos, like when someone searches for benchmarks on an R9 390 and they see your video with the most views. Just give us a reason to stick around. Don't give us filler. You have so many good videos and so much creative stuff (water cooled office) that we can't hope for from other content creators.

Edit: and I specifically posted on here in hopes that you will read this and keep it in mind.

It SERIOUSLY needs to come in single-LED colors other than red and blue.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

It SERIOUSLY needs to come in single-LED colors other than red and blue.

It likely wont. You can get a lot of decent colors using only R/B. Though, white would be nice to see. It's likely that next year we will see a Ducky Shine using all three (R/G/B) next year once the exclusive deal that Cherry has with Corsair runs out.

The dealbreaker for the Massdrop itself for me is that it seems to only come in ANSI layout, and I want ISO. Large Enter and long right-shift. Else I would have gotten a Ducky Mini with MX Clear. Oh welp :c

Linus, I love your channel. It took me a while to get used to the fact that you're a goober, but you give solid advice. However, I'm getting tired of the peripherals reviews; specifically keyboards and mice. I'm not saying "this is the last straw" but I am saying that this is what will ultimately make me less and less interested in your videos. The guys that I work with almost always talk about benchmarks, build advice and tech news that you put forth, but I literally can't think of a single time that someone in our office brought up anything from one of your keyboard or mice videos. It's like watching a show you love and then patiently sit through filler, because you know the good stuff is coming.

Yeah, I could just not watch your videos on keyboards or mice, but like a TV show, the moment you start saying to yourself "eh, I don't really want to watch that episode" is the beginning of the end. Ratings start to drop off because people are less and less interested in the material. Yeah, you'll get new people from new videos, like when someone searches for benchmarks on an R9 390 and they see your video with the most views. Just give us a reason to stick around. Don't give us filler. You have so many good videos and so much creative stuff (water cooled office) that we can't hope for from other content creators.

Edit: and I specifically posted on here in hopes that you will read this and keep it in mind.

and I would have to day the opposite as I complain about seeing benchmarks over and over because we all know which card is better than another already. Preferentials offer a more interesting review because much of it is subjective.

I think I just proved why he does both. Its to appeal to his massive user base in multiple ways.