Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenna Haze

There's going to be an msi 780ti lightning

Posted · Original PosterOP

But you probably won't be able to get one... Well maybe..

So I got an email about MSI's MOA Overclocking competition coming in the next few days. All regular stuff with money and hardware up for grabs. Then something caught my eye. A prize, "MSI 780ti lightning MOA edition."

As a 780 lightning owner I was disappointed when green team were forced to reveal they had a more powerful card finished and ready for launch after amd released their 290x. I'm sure MSI weren't happy either. The lightning is ment to be the best of the best from MSI. It would have been nice to have had ti version soon after it's launch. Evga got a kingpin ti out after some time but MSI has held back.

So now we know this card exists, the question becomes why it was never released? Maybe they had only just finished development but they had to know the 980 release date so why bother? Or are lightnings forever to be made for the second highest gaming card from now on? The ti was thought to be just next generation brought forward so are ti and 980 closer than we think in manufacturing differences? Are they prime for a 980 lightning?

Just reading it's name gave me a lot of questions but in the end I'm a lightning fan.. And I just.. Just want.. Just show me the card... In sli... *frothing *

If you want to see the competition details.. http://hwbot.org/competition/moa_ww_2014_nlb_2d/

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

The 780ti is discontinued. They will not market discontinued GPUs.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's already been posted a while back. They were test models and only like 14~ish were made. It was for the top overclockers in their personal labs.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER