Phone software, Phone brands and why you like them!

the pokemon kid

What software do you prefer?

Android

What phone Brand do you prefer?

LG

Why are you swayed by that brand?

Solid option for low and midrange phones without anemic hardware and crappy software.

What do you think this brands advantages over their competitors are? 

Hardware, relative build quality at my price point.

What specific phone do you like from that manufacturer?

L70 is the best phone in my price point right now.

What are you hoping for the future of phones?

More RAM and better GPU instead of having more CPU cores...

Do you think that other manufacturers have caught up apple with regards to the premium looking product? (mainly looking at the HTC one M8 and galaxy note phones)

Galaxy Note is an awful phone. Any samsung phone is an awful phone. They should stick to fridges, chips and panels.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

What software do you prefer? (IOS, Android, Windows, other.)

Android

I use a Samsung Gnex but I prefer Motorola phones (even if it's just the two moto Xs)

Why are they swayed by that brand?

The near stock experience, added Motorola features, and the customizability of the device.

What they think this brands advantages over their competitors are? 

Quicker updates considering there is basically no skin and the added features.

Moto x (2014 specifically)

Improved battery life and camera performance.

My last motorola was the razr. Is the build quality any better since then?

I am seeing a trend which is that everyone wants a clutter free phone. Why cant manufacturers do this? Do they always need to add the rubbish onto it...

What software do you prefer? Android, especially cyanogenmod

What phone Brand do you prefer? HTC and sony

Why are they swayed by that brand? Focus on audio from HTC, and focus on high quality design for both HTC and Sony

What they think this brands advantages over their competitors are? Audio, design

What specific phone do you like from that manufacturer? One m7 from HTC, due to design, z3 from Sony use to waterproofing and design

What are you hoping for the future of phones? Not trying to make 7" phones.

What makes sony a brand which you prefer? Surely the other brands meet your needs?The HTC has some of the best speakers on the market currently...

Waterproofing is also something which I believe should be added to most high end phones. It is something that can help out a great deal and also you dont kill an expensive phone!

7" phones arent all bad, my dad who has bad vision has a Note 3 and it works for him because he can see everything on screen in a clear font size.

It's not that I feel Cyanogen is good, it's that some vendor include so much junk in Android that in the end, it hardly feel like Androird and also that quite a few of them stop sending out updates when their new flagship phone is released, while Cyanogen is always being updated.

As for windows, yeah, screen size issue... I wouldn't mind trading the desktop for the modern UI on a touch screen device and if it was 7inch or so, meaning not on a phone but a tablet. 12inch surface is too big, might as well get a proper laptop at that point.

I can agree that they have too much junk on them. Some of the features are useful but others are just a load of rubbish. For me, I need maps and navigation on my phone but I definitely don't need stocks and share app on my phone...

I saw the other day that someone had managed to put windows 98 onto a smart watch, looked ridiculous and you could not see any of the text.

LG, because I like their button layout, form factor, and the fact it doesn't use metal, but it doesn't feel like shit plastic

I have felt some of the LG phones, their build quality is pretty good. But I prefer a metal phone, feels better in the hand.

What software do you prefer?

Android

LG

Why are you swayed by that brand?

Solid option for low and midrange phones without anemic hardware and crappy software.

What do you think this brands advantages over their competitors are? 

Hardware, relative build quality at my price point.

L70 is the best phone in my price point right now.

More RAM and better GPU instead of having more CPU cores...

LG's mid range phones are pretty good. Again, manufacturers need to stop killing their phones with junk software!

More RAM etc will be added in time as software needs rise.

Galaxy Note is an awful phone. Any samsung phone is an awful phone. They should stick to fridges, chips and panels.

I would disagree with it being a bad phone. It fills a gap in the market which apple has now jumped into, I actually also quite like the phone, but for me it is slightly too big.

My last motorola was the razr. Is the build quality any better since then?

I am seeing a trend which is that everyone wants a clutter free phone. Why cant manufacturers do this? Do they always need to add the rubbish onto it....

I think that it has improved. The new Moto X has a metal band all around the sides and the buttons are made out of metal so I see that as improvement, also the glass is now gorilla glass. I know. They all want to differentiate themselves from everyone else by adding their own skin but it just fails and makes the phone worse than it could be. Also carriers add their own bloatware bogging the phone down even more.

What software do you prefer? (IOS, Android, Windows, other.)

Android

HTC

Why are they swayed by that brand?

Good Software

What they think this brands advantages over their competitors are? 

good build quality, good non bloated skin, good speakers

HTC One m8

good camera,smaller phone

using iphone 6 now.

What makes sony a brand which you prefer? Surely the other brands meet your needs?The HTC has some of the best speakers on the market currently...

Waterproofing is also something which I believe should be added to most high end phones. It is something that can help out a great deal and also you dont kill an expensive phone!

7" phones arent all bad, my dad who has bad vision has a Note 3 and it works for him because he can see everything on screen in a clear font size.

I like sony's design, for whatever reason that black glass and black plastic looks really nice. And the power button. Also, the way I see it, waterproofing would help with my belief that a phone should be able to survive a few drops and being in your pocket/hand in light rain. Finally, to each there own, I can't use much bigger then my One M7, but it's up to you.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

But what exactly makes android awesome compared to IOS and windows?

I see a lot of people throwing around that it is better, but why?

Android offers the maximum customization and ios offers the least. Windows Phone is a great middle ground between the two. They all do the same things but some have more options then the other.

What software do you prefer? (IOS, Android, Windows, other.)  Android

What phone Brand do you prefer?  Nexus devices

Why are they swayed by that brand? Because I think Google's flavor of Android is the fastest, cleanest looking, and doesn't have unnecessary bells and whistles

What they think this brands advantages over their competitors are? Stock Android, Google's update support for 2 years, wireless charging, price (??? changing).

What specific phone do you like from that manufacturer? Nexus 5 has definitely been one of the best phones in the Nexus lineup

What are you hoping for the future of phones? I want Google to maybe make a new 5-inch Nexus that's more for the mainstream market, the Nexus 6 atm is just too big.  I don't even mind if they decide to drop the low-cost part, maybe make the battery just slightly more, get a beast SoC, and front-facing speakers.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh