Ubisoft Developers give the reason why games are downgraded

Lord_Kitty

The funny thing here is MS and Sony are so incompetent, that they don't realize a 30 FPS locked standard means I will play my 1440p games at 4 k...and my PC is far from high end as far as cost.

I can play Shadows of Mordor perfectly fine at console FPS at 4k with a moderate OC on my GPU. I have gone back and forth playing at a 1440p/4k downsample on my R9 290 and I have just ended up playing 1440p. Smooth gameplay matters more to me then a better picture.  

Might want to think about this console companies. Do you want 4k screenshots Vs 1080p and 900p screenshots? Cus R9 290's are under 300 bucks now...

Maybe you should leave PC the hell alone and let us have our 1440p and 60 fps. In two years when most enthusiasts are sitting on 4k and 60 FPS, you can do the world a favor and abandon these crappy x86 PC consoles. Be software companies, and let Nintendo have the console market for little kids and big kids (still like my Wii U). Offer a stream service to play all 2 of your exclusives worth a damn on the PC at 720/900p and a back catalog  from last gen and before for people too stupid to use a emulator. Morons pay to play online now with these consoles, and they would probably pay for that as well. 

Then you can advertise that you can't tell 900p from 4k...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I knew this is the truth. Ubisoft should just sacrifice some profit if they really really want to do a very very good game. Judging from previous Ubisoft games, I don't see a reason why I will not give them my money should they really need it.

Here is the best way we the PC gamers can maybe help this situation. DO NOT BUY ANY UBI GAMES FROM NOW ON!!!!! Make them lose this market and they may change their tune. There are plenty of other games out there to play that are just as good and just as fun.

This just simply pisses me off (and others) that the shit consoles are pressuring PC content, that is absolute bullshit. We spent the money for a premium gaming experience and now their forcing us to play a triple A title that plays like garbage.

It would be nice if we can voice our concerns directly to the people in charge, but the dollar sign makes their mind go blank and greed kicks in.

Plus I thought the idea behind the X86 platform was to code the games better for the consoles and PC and games would look and play better and less headache for the devs? WTF happen?

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Here is the best way we the PC gamers can maybe help this situation. DO NOT BUY ANY UBI GAMES FROM NOW ON!!!!! Make them lose this market and they may change their tune. There are plenty of other games out there to play that are just as good and just as fun.

This just simply pisses me off (and others) that the shit consoles are pressuring PC content, that is absolute bullshit. We spent the money for a premium gaming experience and now their forcing us to play a triple A title that plays like garbage.

It would be nice if we can voice our concerns directly to the people in charge, but the dollar sign makes their mind go blank and greed kicks in.

Plus I thought the idea behind the X86 platform was to code the games better for the consoles and PC and games would look and play better and less headache for the devs? WTF happen?

I blame MS more than Ubisoft. They are screwing over their own customers on their own OS, which pretty much makes them the ultimate a-holes.

It isn't like Ubisoft is the only one that has done this with a 30 FPS locked port. In fact Ubisoft has not locked anything at 30 yet that I know of. I may not be interested in any of their games and am not buying them, but look at who has the most money to throw around and who is doing the pressuring.

That would be the same company who makes the OS we game on, and keeps/delays multiplats off of Windows, and withholds DirectX patches from majority market share from their own customers. 

I find it hilarious that so much hate is directed at Ubisoft and MS gets a free pass. Sony has at least given us Planetside 2, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, H1Z1 on the way. What does MS give us? Forza is the only thing they have home grown and we don't get it. Project Spark? Locked behind Windows 8.1.Who knows what the hell they are going to do with the next Minecraft. Block it off everything but Windows 10? If they even give it to us, and it will probably be delayed...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm already sick to death of Uplay after having it open every damn time I launch a freaking Steam game... so you know what? Fuck Ubisoft, they can suck it.

Then they wonder why people go and pirate their games. Ubi is like the EA of PC gaming.

What a great way to make people not buy your games on PC. Kudos to Microsoft too! "We'll support PC gaming!" my ass.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Who gives a shit about what ubisoft devs says. They are not the only game developer in the world. If you hate what the fuck they are doing, stop supporting them. There are still developers that offers what, us, gamers want. The last game I played was shadow of mordor, and it was fantastic. FPS can be set to whatever the fuck your PC can handle. And so does the resolution and other graphical settings.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I have a feeling that Nadella would do something about this, he's not Steve Ballmer. From the way he's been firing inefficient middle management, he won't be afraid to canabalize MS"s console market when it helps to strengthen PC's. Let's all write to him and let him hear the feelings of hardcore Windows supporters!!

Who gives a shit about what ubisoft devs says. They are not the only game developer in the world. If you hate what the fuck they are doing, stop supporting them. There are still developers that offers what, us, gamers want. The last game I played was shadow of mordor, and it was fantastic. FPS can be set to whatever the fuck your PC can handle. And so does the resolution and other graphical settings.

Shadow of Morder has a 100fps cap lol. Dunn matter to me though because I hacked it :)

Shadow of Morder has a 100fps cap lol. Dunn matter to me though because I hacked it :)

Meh, the mainstream is still 60fps. And i think only 2/5 users use 144hz monitors :P

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

How did you get it run more than 100fps?

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

How did you get it run more than 100fps?

do you know how to use cheat engine? if so then set your max fps to 30 in the game and search for 30 as a float then change the cap to 60 and search for that in cheat engine then set it to no cap then search for 100 in cheat engine, eventually you will be left with 1 address then change that to whatever you want your max fps to be. You will have to do this everytime you start the game unless the address is static and always remains the same.

I wonder if behavior like this from Microsoft is the reason things like Valve trying to move Steam to Linux and AMD trying to make Mantle are happening? Move everything away from Microsoft and make a better system for everyone

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Its seem like console want start WAR with us?

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

So in short, their reasons are bullshit for limiting development. Then again, I can't help but feel that this is to be expected from a company so dependent on consoles as Ubisoft is. 

While I won't throw out conspiracies about console makers (Though it sounds very tasty right now >:) ), limiting your game to the lowest denominator does you no favors with people who can easily and should easily be able to boost up the game because of their stronger hardware. It doesn't help at all, and it certainly doesn't push development standards forward.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Therefore, I will bite the hand Ubisoft and do not buy any games from them anymore. This also applies to the EA. Bethesda and a few other publishers have not yet compromised, but everything in front of us unfortunately... Always remains a download trial version from torrent :P and it hurts them the most :P

We should do like some did with the corsair logo. Start a petition and send it to ubisoft with 50000 signature. I think if they see this they might take the time to think about it. Here we are just a group of people talking and not doing anything. I have a 5000$ PC and my favorite game is Assassin's creed. I PAID to have a machine capable of handling everything I throw at it and I want my favorite game to be as high quality as it can get. You were saying they shouldnt bite the hand that feed them. We the clients are this hand. We just need to slap them in the face so they understand: WE CARE about our games.

I'm pretty sure it won't kill Ubisoft if they became a PC only dev. After a few days or weeks console makers would come BEGGING for them to make console games again. Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc are by the looks of it the reasons why a lot of people buy consoles. They could try to strong arm console makers but they might need to conspire with the other major devs.

I guess your right if the devs really took a stand, but traditionally the thing about the console market is that the console maker holds a lot of negotiating power over developers. Since they are the sole gatekeeper of that platform.

On PC it's different because it's an open platform. Devs have the options of GOG, Steam, Origin, uPlay or however else they decide to distribute and promote their game. Nobody can hold you to ransom.

If Sony and MS are trying to make PC games run at 30fps, then... omg the facepalm, I hate them more than I've ever done. I change my mind, they don't even deserve me buying their console used!!

Understandable that console makers want to force devs for games to run at 30fps for parity, and to give PC less advantage

BUT, if Ubisoft had any integrity, they would tell the consoles makers to shove it up their ass, and if Sony/MS want to lose a shit ton of sales because the latest Ubisoft games are not on their platform, than that is their loss

I bet if Ubisoft put their foot down and said "look we will release our game on console for you, we can even do exclusive DLC or  costumes or something, but we still intend to release on PC with full fidelity and frame rate" then they would be allowed as it still makes tons of money for the console makers

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I just do not get it. By the logic of "who ever lobbies us more, gets more" to counter the console manufacturer's, we PC gamers should enlist AMD/Nvidia to "bribe", oh I meant "lobby" the game developers to release the best possible graphic demending game on PC? That will boost the sales of graphic cards. Even better, let's then get the 1080p+ monitor manufaturer's on board, if they want to push 4k but game devs code games to barely have decent textures at 900p!

Ok, here's my beef with this; PC has ALWAYS had better graphics - for a very long time now, at least. 

Consoles should compete against CONSOLES. Not PC. 

Xbox One - you have the weaker console hardware, therefore you lose the graphics battle. PS4 - you have the better hardware, therefore you win the graphics battle (among consoles). That should be the end of it.

But no. They have to downgrade every other platform, just because they gimped on their own hardware!? NO! That is just complete BS and complete disregard for gamers on every platform. It takes away our ability to chose how we want to run games and forces a lesser experience on all of us.

I've said this before and I'll say it again; I don't hate the consoles, themselves, but the marketing (marketing teams). They are holding back progression and devs like Ubisoft unfortunately care more about making money than growing a backbone. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Sh!t needs to sell like its gold, they need/must downgrade (on the same level) pc graphics so console/games sell more.

Marketing at its best sell more and don't give a sh!t about the quality.

Please odnt fuck up The Division. ffs dont!!!

"Are you aware of the negative response to the recent decision to lock your games (like AC:Unity) into 30 frames per second? If so, what do you think about that?" u/TwinDragonsOfChaos

I asked this question at the end of the presentation, everyone laughed. The Game Architect said that on consoles, and for this type of game, they have to chose between graphical fidelity and smoothness. He implied that MS is making them lock the framerate on PC too. Then, he smiled, said "But our eyes can't see past 24 fps anyway" and winked at me.

"..but our eyes can't see past 24 FPS anyway" and winked at me.

What a douchey response. THAT guy needs a swift punch in the face.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer