Ubisoft Developers give the reason why games are downgraded

Lord_Kitty

Finally words of truth and honesty from ubisoft dev ! Big up for him !

Now, everybody go on twitter and tweet to Microsoft and Sony : "Intentional PC gaming killers"

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

IMMA FIRIN MAH uTORRENT at Ube$oft!

I would do the same, IF they made something worth playing.

30% is a far cry from 75%... 

Still lots of games go down that far all the time. Tomb Raider right now is 80% off. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I agree with this post. If console games are outselling PC games (im sure they are) then the companies will optimize for the largest market share. Not the smallest.

Sure im not happy about it but its either that or they just don't bother making the games for PC in the first place. Id rather take the 30fps limit in that case :)

People aren't upset because of how the game turned out, they're upset because the game was already perfectly fine for pc and they removed a lot of things from it to make it worse for parity with consoles. If the final release was how it was programmed and shown off from the start there would have been no problem, but the game was intentionally made worse after it was shown off to the public. That's a switch and bait, and there's good reason to be upset with whoever forced that decision.

Im pretty sure the next iteration of Tegra processors will be more powerful than these "next gen" pos

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Console makers are pressuring to have pc also 30 fps locked? They want to start a war lol

It's not a war if they lost before it started...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

So, not that I disagree with the OP, but have we got anything more substantial than a kid on reddit?

Also, why is this news to anyone?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

30% is a far cry from 75%... 

He says down to 30% not 30% off. There is only a 5% difference in those numbers.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

So if this turns out to be true, will Nvidia and AMD wade in to this?

Consoles ruin everything. They must be DESTROYED. #PCgamingslowlybecomingnotmasterace. Console makers are a bunch of fucking pricks.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

No they won't because it's linux based, one more platform to optimise for, it will make more problems than solve.

Everything should be optimized for Linux in my opinion. And by everything i mean EVERYTHING.

Everything should be optimized for Linux in my opinion. And by everything i mean EVERYTHING.

nah, it has no market, literally 3 times less people use linux than osx and that says everything.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well, i have already sworn to pirate every ubi game that looks remotely good, but now i will not even be doing that.
30FPS on PC? Fuck that.
no. We bought our PC's so we could enjoy BOTH graphical fidelity AND 60+ FPS.
Not so we could be limited by consoleportitus, and fucking microsoft paying ubi to do stupid shit.
This post made me laugh, then it mad me angry, and then it made me want to cry.
I've come full circle and back to angry, someone needs to do something about this BS.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Anyone who thinks that EVERYONE that develops games at Ubi is happy with these bullshit limitations being imposed on them and is completely on board with the FPS limiting has achieved a level of mental deficiency that I didn't know existed.

Stop trying to demonize an entire company for the choices that were made by the ones in charge.

at the end of the day, what the artists and designers and who knows who else think about it doesn't matter unless they have an impact on what ends up in the consumers hands. When we talk about a company we always primarily reference to the people running it.

Well, i have already sworn to pirate every ubi game that looks remotely good, but now i will not even be doing that.

30FPS on PC? Fuck that.

So you are telling me, that if the game would be 60fps you would at least have the common courtesy to pirate the game? Fuck off, Pirate!

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Where was the reason exactly? O.o

basicly consoles want more sells than pc. so they turn the graphics and fps down on pc so the console looks the same. so people go like : uh its useless to get a pc.. i ill get a ps4 or xbox1... thats why

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

My conclusion is that Ubisoft lacks balls. That's all that needs to be said. They had a vision as a company, and they tossed that out of the window because someone else told them to.

Lame-ass company.  

Then, he smiled, said "But our eyes can't see past 24 fps anyway" and winked at me.

THIS

makes me so mad, they just know they can screw with us and act like they don't even know

So, not that I disagree with the OP, but have we got anything more substantial than a kid on reddit?

Also, why is this news to anyone?

Welcome to LTT, forget about facts and stick with conjecture.

The sad thing is that Ubisoft is so full of shit.

What, the guys behind Witcher aren't being pressured? Cause they seemed to have a pretty clean message: "Consoles get what we can give, nothing more or less. PCs get more because we can give more"

My god Ubisoft, so sad. They are passing the buck when it's turning out that either they are full of shit or Sony/MS treat different devs differently.

Why isn't Witcher 3 being gimped on PC? Cause CDPR aren't inept morons who can't code. Nor are they promising the universe to gamers.

CDPR knows the limitations on consoles and they are giving it their all. That's all anyone can ask for.

They aren't crying "but..but.. MS made us gimp it". No. They're straight up saying PC version will be the best and that's it.

Get a better PR firm Ubisoft and maybe stop talking all together. Unless you like digging PR graves.

Wow thanks Ubisoft, I'm so excited to have a "cinematic" 30fps experience with stuttering all over the place. Sadly even if we stopped buying their games on pc instead of improving them I'm sure they would just stop making them on pc.

Wow great news for my new rog monitor Oo  

They should be embarrassed.... Ruined some great games... 

I don't buy that at all... if this is the case, how come every single other dev isn't doing the same thing? I guess they might be "pressuring" them, but most other dev's aren't giving in...

I like it better when EA was the stupid and evil game dev... I don't play any EA games

Because other devs know better, follow NDA and generally shut the fuck up about it instead of making dumbass excuses.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I meant as in giving devs more choice for platform. At the moment there's like six big platforms, MS own a third of those.

If the Steam Machines are successful -> a seventh platform -> less market share by MS and Sony -> more choice for devs -> less influence by MS and Sony -> no more MS pressuring devs for 30 fps.

At least in my perfect world.

Also I'm not an expert but I always thought Linux was the easiest to develop for?

Popularity will grow, I would very much expect Linux to grow in the following years if Steam Machines are successful, I will certainly move towards it.

If microsoft either would open up DirectX to all platforms like linux and mac osx, or all developers would just use opengl. And then this s#it about optimizing, and platform vs platform would stop, and then we could all concetrate on the thing we all love (even console gamers), gaming and talking about hardware.

That's not the problem. They are not optimizing for consoles and not PC. They are outright limiting the PC version for parity.

Here's another quote:

They did not aim for 30FPS. They are forced to do so. And Microsoft is forcing them to do the same on PC. The people that did the presentation are developers too. So, the "30FPS is better" might just be a PR stunt.

Wouldn't this fall under Microsoft's parity clause?  Basically just fuck the xbox, fuck Microsoft's clause and problem solved. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I'm pretty sure it won't kill Ubisoft if they became a PC only dev. After a few days or weeks console makers would come BEGGING for them to make console games again. Ubisoft, EA, Activision, etc are by the looks of it the reasons why a lot of people buy consoles. They could try to strong arm console makers but they might need to conspire with the other major devs.