Best Membrane Keyboard?

brownninja97

So its something different. Whats your opinion and please try to not go crazy and shove mechanical keyboards on here. So whats the best membrane out there?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I used to love the my Logitech G15 gen 1, unfortunatly it doesn't work anymore. But it was still a great keyboard 

logitech-g15-1st-gen-65z-800.jpg

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i was looking to get a logitech wireless one even has a little trackpad on there. k400 its called

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

none gaming Logitech Illuminated Keyboard,although it has razor switches.

otherwise I just prefer 
mechanical

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Imo Logitech makes the best membrane keyboards out there. I've had the first generation G15 as Volbet has. Outstanding keyboard that felt my teenage gaming rage. lasted a long time until I smashed some of the keys to smithereens. I've got a G110 now and the keys are just fantastic for a membrane keyboard. Of course it's all about personal preference. Normal size keys, low-profile keys, chiclet Apple-style keyboards (prefer them for  some tasks) and so on. 

Edit: on a sidenote I am moving to a mechanical keyboard now. 

Current build: Antec P180, Asus P8Z68 Pro, Intel i5-2500k, Asus GTX 570 2GB, Patriot 16GB 1600MHz, Corsair HX 650W.

New build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11270-video-editing-workstation-build/

I thought the first one would be thisseven.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The steelseries apex keyboards that linus reviewed a while back looked seriously nice. Being thin really makes up for the fact it isn't mechanical

Steelseries-Apex-RAW-Keyboard.jpg?cda6c1

The steelseries apex keyboards that linus reviewed a while back looked seriously nice. Being thin really makes up for the fact it isn't mechanical

Steelseries-Apex-RAW-Keyboard.jpg?cda6c1

Keyboards like that can sometimes have big problems where the membrane is too small and it becomes soft. In case you own one just watch out.

Listen if you care.

I don't, though that keyboards body is actually quite thick, so the membrane probably isn't abnormally thin.

I don't, though that keyboards body is actually quite thick, so the membrane probably isn't abnormally thin.

Any ideas as to why they have diagonal arrow keys. I dont know anyone which uses those keys anymore.

Listen if you care.

Any ideas as to why they have diagonal arrow keys. I dont know anyone which uses those keys anymore.

Apparently they added them back due to customer feedback. It's a nice feature to have if nothing else.

Corsair K50 

Do you know what the price for that will be.

Listen if you care.

Do you know what the price for that will be.

$99.99

Same price as the Razer and Roccat offering.  I think the Steelseries keyboard is the same price as well.

tt-esports-challenger-pro-gaming-tastatu

The TTesports challenger pro was my prior keyboard and for the price it was great. it has slim laptop-style keycaps, but the actuation is VERY VERY tactile.

Seriously, MX browns almost feel linear compared to this keyboard, but it is still a membrane and after using my new Quickfire TK for about a week digging this keyboard up again shows me how mushy it is, but it isn't nearly as bad as most other membrance keyboards I have used.

Also the build quality is outstanding, barely any flex.

But seriously, nowadays membrane kbs arenÄT worth it anymore. A quickfire TK for example is only 80€ here in europe, while the challenger pro is 68€

It is a no-brainer to go for mechanical imo.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

The G510 keyboard is a good keyboard and it has a screen for you to give you a system monitor or you can just get apps. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The G15 gen 1 was amazing! Wait till the Steelseries Apex comes out, i'm getting one of those as well.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a membrane board, my opinion.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

What in the hell is a fake and membrane and on behalf of world thank you for changing your picture.

Listen if you care.

What in the hell is a fake and membrane and on behalf of world thank you for changing your picture.

The poo is getting old. I'm gonna change or back :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

The poo is getting old. I'm gonna change or back :)

And on behalf of the rest of the forum FU&*^ you too.

Listen if you care.

I would go for the Corsair k50. Heres a few reasons why.

1. Build Quality: Uses a metal backplate like the k70 and k90.

2.Cleaning: most membrane switch keyboards you cant really clean since you cant remove the caps easily. However, with this keyboard you will be able to clean it since it has its design pretty much identical to that of the k60/k70.

However I would like to mention something. Paying $99.99 for a membrane switch keyboard does seem kinda odd to me. Seeing how the the k70 is not that much more expensive. Also, the k70 will soon having blues and brown switches to go along with the Reds if that was something you were interested in. I do apologize in advanced if you will take offence to this suggestion that i made about mechanical swithes :x

I usually just buy cheap or go for mechanical.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |