Motorbikes

Mac

dont have one, I am new to biking, its basically been  outside under a bike cover connected to a maintenance charger the whole time

Yeah the small oriphi in motorcycle carbs often don't really like being left with fuel in them for an extended period of time. The fuel breaks down over time and can plug op a small carb like on motorcycles. Cars usually dont have this problem because of the high pressures that are in modern fuel injection systems.

You will probably have to pull the carbs off and give them a good clean to get the bike up to 100% again. Not a huge deal, a good afternoons worth of work.

Next year throw a shut off valve between he carbs and the fuel tank, then when winter rolls around turn the fuel valves off and let the engine run until the carbs are dry. After that you should not have any troubles starting it up again in the spring. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah the small oriphi in motorcycle carbs often don't really like being left with fuel in them for an extended period of time. The fuel breaks down over time and can plug op a small carb like on motorcycles. Cars usually dont have this problem because of the high pressures that are in modern fuel injection systems.

You will probably have to pull the carbs off and give them a good clean to get the bike up to 100% again. Not a huge deal, a good afternoons worth of work.

Next year throw a shut off valve between he carbs and the fuel tank, then when winter rolls around turn the fuel valves off and let the engine run until the carbs are dry. After that you should not have any troubles starting it up again in the spring. :)

I have no idea how to do that haha

got a friend coming on the weekend to help who is a mechanic so hopefully he does

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@ShadowCaptain

A good rule of thumb for winterization:

• fuel stabilizer - buy a bottle of it, add to a full tank of gas per instructions (a bottle should last you a few tank refills, I bought an 8 oz. bottle of Stabil) No more gummed carbs or bad gas from this point forward when you winterize
  • front and rear stand - no flat spots to worry about or even worse, dry rot. it doesn't sound like you have it lifted so please inspect your tires carefully for dry rot before riding
  • fogging oil - lubricates cylinder walls, not particularly clear on the benefits but supposedly it's good for your bike if it sits longer than 3 months
  • battery tender - this one is pretty obvious

I did everything except the fogging oil and mine turned over just fine this past Sunday.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I think I'm going to be selling my bike sooner rather than later. So much for keeping this bike forever. I just want to try something new.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

@ShadowCaptain

A good rule of thumb for winterization:

• fuel stabilizer - buy a bottle of it, add to a full tank of gas per instructions (a bottle should last you a few tank refills, I bought an 8 oz. bottle of Stabil) No more gummed carbs or bad gas from this point forward when you winterize
  • front and rear stand - no flat spots to worry about or even worse, dry rot. it doesn't sound like you have it lifted so please inspect your tires carefully for dry rot before riding
  • fogging oil - lubricates cylinder walls, not particularly clear on the benefits but supposedly it's good for your bike if it sits longer than 3 months
  • battery tender - this one is pretty obvious

I did everything except the fogging oil and mine turned over just fine this past Sunday.

Thanks that great advice, will save this post on my phone for future reference :)

My tyres seem absolutely fine I need ones anyway soon, and for my car >< ergh £££ 

thinking about letting a local motorbike shop take a look and maybe have them give it a mini service, check its all running properly and do what needs doing, just for safety reasons

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thanks that great advice, will save this post on my phone for future reference :)

My tyres seem absolutely fine I need ones anyway soon, and for my car >< ergh £££ 

thinking about letting a local motorbike shop take a look and maybe have them give it a mini service, check its all running properly and do what needs doing, just for safety reasons

Yup you can't go wrong with having a quality shop give it a look over. Outside of your carbs, everything sounds like it should be good to go. Take care of your bike and it'll take care of you. Speaking of taking care of my bike, I need to change my rear pads.

Yup you can't go wrong with having a quality shop give it a look over. Outside of your carbs, everything sounds like it should be good to go. Take care of your bike and it'll take care of you. Speaking of taking care of my bike, I need to change my rear pads.

Im terrible at maintenance, I never od anything, heck I think I wash my car once a year :D

often though my dad will check over my bike and car when he does his car :D i caught him vacuuming it the other day lol and then hes like "oh thanks for letting me do that" .. its like I didn't bloody ask, the cheek!

But yeah, I really need to do more with my bike, I must have done about 400 miles on it the whole of last year

Im terrible at maintenance, I never od anything, heck I think I wash my car once a year :D

often though my dad will check over my bike and car when he does his car :D i caught him vacuuming it the other day lol and then hes like "oh thanks for letting me do that" .. its like I didn't bloody ask, the cheek!

But yeah, I really need to do more with my bike, I must have done about 400 miles on it the whole of last year

Yeaaaaahh you'll save so much if you learn how to do it yourself. I imagine you're pretty handy and intelligent considering that you're on this forum and know how to use the web. The SV forums should have tons of info along with youtube.

Just dropped $370 on boots. Fml what is wrong with me

Yeaaaaahh you'll save so much if you learn how to do it yourself. I imagine you're pretty handy and intelligent considering that you're on this forum and know how to use the web. The SV forums should have tons of info along with youtube.

Just dropped $370 on boots. Fml what is wrong with me

yeah i'm not a practical person though, I hate doing anything practical... actually I hate doing anything I am lazy, the main reason I dont use my bike is because i am too lazy to gear up haha

I just bought a new jacket that i can wear casually and I have draggin' jeans, now i just need some more casual boots and im good :D maybe even some I can wear to work in the office so I dont have to get changed

Hey guys, so i know a few people here like motorbikes, so i was wondering what motorbike do you own/are you hoping to own in the futre? I own a 1996 Honda XL185s as a temporary bike, i bought a CRF250r but it pulls on too hard for me so i'm selling the crf250 and the xl185 and buying a Husqvarna TC250 (2010 4 stroke model) or an XR250r (feel free to give recommendations on a bike for trails and the track :) anyway enough about me, What motorbike do you own, or planning to own in the future?

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I own a GW 250 but the computer on it isnt very grunty so I think ima sell it

I would like to get a 250, but I am still deciding on which make/model. Something like the Husqvarna FC250 (four stroke).

...The TC250 is the two stroke. :P

Well I have 2 motorcycles

1989 Suzuki GXSR 750R with the aluminum racing frame, Still building it, have all the new parts for it just need to finish putting it back together.

c0TIjzW.jpg

1987 Yamaha FZ 750, got this for only $50, it runs. just need new plastic or make it into a naked bike and put a new sub frame on it from a newer Honda.

5w4b2mN.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I have a big boy (exactly the same as Honda, only cheaper) crf125 to play around on weekends :D

I need a Honda CB750

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hey guys, so i know a few people here like motorbikes, so i was wondering what motorbike do you own/are you hoping to own in the futre? I own a 1996 Honda XL185s as a temporary bike, i bought a CRF250r but it pulls on too hard for me so i'm selling the crf250 and the xl185 and buying a Husqvarna TC250 (2010 4 stroke model) or an XR250r (feel free to give recommendations on a bike for trails and the track :) anyway enough about me, What motorbike do you own, or planning to own in the future?

~Elias

on the other post you did about your crf250r i said its got 3 stages in its engine mapping. did you actually go into that and turn it down?

you could most likely get it turned down even more if you took it too the shop and get them to adjust the power curve.

I've owned a xr250 and a xr280 ballards enduro. 

the 250 had a higher top speed but the ballards would get there quicker, the enduro had abit softer suspension so you could actually ride it for a day without being fully worn out

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I have a 2013 Kawazaki Vulcan 1700 Classic, with custom exhust pipes. Run really well, but it swollows fuel like nobody's business.

Holy balls 1700cc!!!

on the other post you did about your crf250r i said its got 3 stages in its engine mapping. did you actually go into that and turn it down?

you could most likely get it turned down even more if you took it too the shop and get them to adjust the power curve.

I've owned a xr250 and a xr280 ballards enduro. 

the 250 had a higher top speed but the ballards would get there quicker, the enduro had abit softer suspension so you could actually ride it for a day without being fully worn out

Eh, going to make profit if i sell it anyone :P

I would like to get a 250, but I am still deciding on which make/model. Something like the Husqvarna FC250 (four stroke).

...The TC250 is the two stroke. :P

The 2010 version is a 4 stroke, strange that haha, i asked about it on a motorbike forum and people were getting angry at me, but i forget to ad the 2010, which is the year they made the TC a 4 stroke.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Gone through quiet a few bikes.. 

but now own one of my dream bikes. 

KTM Duke 640cc

Thing is amazing for city commutes and way more agile than a Super bike for when a car jumps into your lane. Plus a complete wheelie machine. 

640Duke2.jpg

KTM_640_Duke_II_2004_13_1024x768.jpg

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I don't own any, but my dad has 2. One is a quite old Honda Shadow 600cc that he owns for a long time now (don't know the exact model number) and he recently got a real nice Moto Guzzi 1000 SP, which he's fully restoring.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

post-6820-0-22111800-1426246704.jpg

I test rode a standard striple yesterday. That was a left over 13' and I put some miles on it around the dealer's area. I'm sold on these bikes now. It felt happy around 4K RPMs in 4th gear at 35-40MPH. Boy did the bike have some pull anywhere outside of that. This will definitely be my next street bike. Everything that everyone has said about this bike is spot on. Brakes feel awesome due to stainless lines and other components, power is everywhere I prefer it for street riding, and good lawd almighty the torque...

I test rode a standard striple yesterday

<3 one of my favourite bikes ever

Although I think I want a speed triple next