Motorbikes

Mac

The H2R looks beautiful, no doubt, but there's no way this will be driveable for an average rider. There was a time, I guess somewhere in the 80's when motorbike manufactures started building supercharged bikes and so many riders killed themselves with those machines, e.g. imagine the following situation: you're driving a corner and at the end of it you start opening the throttle again, the turbo joins and your rear tire starts losing contact to the road, because of the amount of power the turbo suddenly adds.

For me the Kawasaki H2R is just a stupid way to say "Look @ us, now we got the most horsepower at one of our bikes", I would go for a BMW S 1000 RR HP4 any time, instead of that.

I want to preface everything I'm about to say with a disclaimer. I'm not attacking you but there are issues with that argument.

I first started riding earlier this year, I made tons of newbie mistakes as all new riders do. The two primary mistakes I'd make were dropping a gear midway through a corner (too many close calls to count) and pinning the throttle halfway through the corner. Both caused slippage in the rear similar to what you're describing. What I'm saying is that this bike changes nothing in that regard. It just makes it a bit easier.

Second, the H2R has been announced as a track only bike. You will never see this R variant on the street. There will be a street legal version of this bike slated for an official announcement in November at another motorcycle show which will have a reduction in power.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I want to preface everything I'm about to say with a disclaimer. I'm not attacking you but there are issues with that argument. I first started riding earlier this year, I made tons of newbie mistakes as all new riders do. The two primary mistakes I'd make were dropping a gear midway through a corner (too many close calls to count) and pinning the throttle halfway through the corner. Both caused slippage in the rear similar to what you're describing. What I'm saying is that this bike changes nothing in that regard. It just makes it a bit easier. Second, the H2R has been announced as a track only bike. You will never see this R variant on the street. There will be a street legal version of this bike slated for an official announcement in November at another motorcycle show which will have a reduction in power.

This. You only go as fast as you twist the throttle.

~200BHP is more than enough to get your rear to slip out on a corner if you make a noob move. Saying that, I could easily stack my DRZ400 in a corner if I didn't know what I was doing. That thing only makes 40ish BHP...

My current bike, the KLX140L. Looking to upgrade soon to a dual sport 250, so i can have that extra power and also go on road (legally :P)

Note: i am 16, so this bike is way too small for me, hence why i want the upgrade :D and i have to wait a few more years for the mc license, so im sticking to the trails until then i guessmaxresdefault.jpg

This. You only go as fast as you twist the throttle.

~200BHP is more than enough to get your rear to slip out on a corner if you make a noob move. Saying that, I could easily stack my DRZ400 in a corner if I didn't know what I was doing. That thing only makes 40ish BHP...

People think dirt bikes are pretty underpowered but they have an amazing power to weight ratio. I won't buy one but I definitely want to ride someone's converted sumo. I've heard far too many times how fun they are.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

sold my Yamaha TTR250 at the start of the year, needed the money to move to a city for university. looking at saving again probable for a Yamaha R6, maybe a R1. Dream would be a BMW S1000RR/ HP4 or a ducati Panigale. I miss riding my bike so much,but when I do go back home I get t ride a BMW 1200GS (my dad's, just got to pay execs if in accented and fuel). hard saving ahead of me...

the feeling of riding a bike is something that can not be explained but only felt when riding and nothing else compares.

That is a fantastic purple it looks really good :D

It looks like the riding season is coming to an end :unsure: It seems like it's been 40F and rainy every day lately.

It looks like the riding season is coming to an end :unsure: It seems like it's been 40F and rainy every day lately.

I know that feeling. I just began prepping my motorcycle for winter storage.

I'll probably drive it to storage in the beginning of November.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I know that feeling. I just began prepping my motorcycle for winter storage.

I'll probably drive it to storage in the beginning of November.  

I changed the oil and cleaned up my bikes last weekend. Got them all tucked away for the winter :(

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I changed the oil and cleaned up my bikes last weekend. Got them all tucked away for the winter :(

Looks like I'll be doing that really soon. Remove the battery and charge indoors, wash and wax, clean and lube chain, get some new oil in her, and elevated up on the stand.

Looks like I'll be doing that really soon. Remove the battery and charge indoors, wash and wax, clean and lube chain, get some new oil in her, and elevated up on the stand.

Pretty much what I do, except I leave the battery in the bike and just hook up the battery tender to it. Let that keep the battery topped off all winter. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Pretty much what I do, except I leave the battery in the bike and just hook up the battery tender to it. Let that keep the battery topped off all winter. 

The way my garage is set up I'd have to run an extension cord over to my bike from the other side of it. The last thing I want is someone tripping over the extension cord causing the bike to fall over off the stand. Plus I've read that extreme temperature changes have a nasty effect on batteries. 

The way my garage is set up I'd have to run an extension cord over to my bike from the other side of it. The last thing I want is someone tripping over the extension cord causing the bike to fall over off the stand. Plus I've read that extreme temperature changes have a nasty effect on batteries. 

I hear you on the tripping hazard, that could cause a real problem.

Temperature extremes can cause issues with batteries depending on the type they are, gel cell batteries are pretty stable down to ~-40F, my garage stays well above that. In fact it usually doesnt dip below freezing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jay Leno's video on the Ninja H2 and H2R :D

I want to be his friend :D

I want to be his friend :D

So do I it would be so nice

When he revved it I actually came

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

New R1

I honestly hate the new design ,I love the 2009-2014 gen ,hopefully people will love the new look and sell their previous gen bikes for cheap. (so I can snag one for myself hehe)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oooh, a motorbike thread.  I have a question for any enthusiasts in Victoria Australia:  One of the kids I read with has a big interest in bikes (mainly dirt bikes), I am having trouble getting him motivated to read (not a happy child), anyway if any of you guys have old motor bike magazines you don't want can you pm me. I think I can get him to read if we read the mags together or if I just use them a a prize for reading his reader.

Cheers guys.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Damn that crossplane engine sound is truly eargasmic. Slap on a killer exhaust and it will sound like a V8 muscle.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Well I'm definitely putting my bike away for the winter this week. My oil should be here by Wednesday.

Well I'm definitely putting my bike away for the winter this week. My oil should be here by Wednesday.

What oil are you using?

What oil are you using?

I've been using Castrol Power RS 10W-40 for my first two changes but I'm going to try Royal Purple this time around and then Motul. After that I'll decide in which oil I like best.

I've been using Castrol Power RS 10W-40 for my first two changes but I'm going to try Royal Purple this time around and then Motul. After that I'll decide in which oil I like best.

I'm a Mobile 1 4T fan myself. I have never tried the Royal Purple oils though.