What to do with 30 old PCs

Mojo-Jojo
Go to solution Solved by Mojo-Jojo,

Thanks for all your ideas guys, the option I saw quite often was sell or donate so that's what's gonna happen :D

I'm gonna help him do some maintenance (undust, combine good parts for a better PC, etc) so they're good again for donation/sale (depends on whether we can find a place to donate them to)

You should get someone that mods casses to practice on them, for like cool designs and custom cut outs :ph34r:

That's a really good idea, if we have spare PC's left with bad parts or anything, I'll see if I can find someone that could use a spare case to practice on.

How about making a LASER that can BURN THINGS!

I want it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Throw them out or hope to god someone will be stupid enough to buy them all of you in one go. Even then it's a ton of work for very little cash.

Build a house out of them.

I'd live there

16b_beer-Milkovish.jpg

Because he had a hard drive.

BEGIN WORK ON YOUR SUPERCOMPUTER [insert maniacal laughter here]

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

You could use them together and make a ULTRA MEGA AWESOME BADASS SUPERCOMPUTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! or beat the shit out of them when you get upset at something....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I could probably use them for my orbital laser platf.... never mind. You didn't hear that.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Take a sledgehammer to EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Turn them into one super computer and run Minecraft at 60 fps

Maybe ignore the Mindcraft part.

worth one hundred million billion quadutilipsnhasbngl;usyrbr SFDUHFGAlkdfg illion dollars /hour in power consumption.

snip

post-75265-0-39301300-1413169081.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Build a giant 30 PC rack/test bench and use them for folding + heater. I read an article that found PCs are more effecient than space heaters at heating a room

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Give me one CPU.

Please. Just one

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

fix a few up, with the best specs they can have (from the pile with hardware so you won't have to spend money on them)

sell some parts

recycle the metal

oc some others

make cpu keyrings

hdd fridge magnets

hdd mirrors (platters)

dvd drive laser pointer

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Got some good ideas going here.

When they get here I'll see if I can assemble one or two for personal use (My backup PC ded'd a couple weeks ago) with the good parts.

I might salvage some parts and then donate the rest, or sell them. Since I really don't have the space/need for 30 PCs  :P

And for giveaways I don't have the money to ship stuff (Poor student with only a temp job you get the idea) and shipping would possible be worth more than the thing itself  ;)

Definitely gonna see if I can burn one out with heavy OC'ing.

Take a sledgehammer to EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Now that's just a waste of computers

Because he had a hard drive.

SHUSH, NU DUTCH ALLOWED HERE!

Die regel is nu overtreden

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Alright.  Heres the deal.  very few big computer companies release commercial computers that have overclocking features.  So I can certainly grantee you that is not an option, even if u had the CPUs in another motherboard, there probably not worth overclocking.  Really, what you have is a ton of spare parts.  What I would do is setup computers around your house that u would not need, but would be nice.  put my scrap working PCs whrerever there is a tv and get a wireless keyboard and mouse. U have a media pc.  What I would do is use anything the computers might have to add to your current rig (really only dvd drive, unless u have sata hdd)  u can combine parts from those computers.  chuck as much ram as the motherboard can hold, setup raid 0... and maybe add a spair graphics card.  Then u still have tons of extra drives, cd drives, sticks of ram, cpus and motherboards. And don't forget fans and heatsinks.  I would try to ebay the parts or whole computers that u don't need.  Give them a good dusting, verify they work.  Install new version of windows, and sell em cheap.  Or sell them part for part really cheap (small parts cost less to ship then a whole computer)  and honestly, donating them to charity I suppose is a good idea, but they may just end up in the recycling.  Id just save and sell and do what u can.   

Now that's just a waste of computers

its still fun but waht i would do is pump 2.5 volts through them and see how high i can oc before the magic blue smoke

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi