Siberia V2 Frost Blue or G930

ErwinS

So my old Logitech headset needs to be retired, which means I need a new headset. Both the SteelSeries Siberia V2 Frost blue and Logitech G930 cost about the same so I have no idea which ones to pick. I do play COD and Dota from time to time, but I mostly listen to music and youtube videos.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

Out of those two the Siberias win but if you are mainly listening to music why not look into buying headphones designed for music? (no im not talking about beats or any of those)

Do you want a headset, so headphones with a built in mic, or would you rather have a decent set of headphones with a clip on mic? I only ask because, generally, headsets are pretty bad quality in terms of sounds. I know my Siberia's broke within 2 months of buying them, and i know i'm not the only one to have that issue.

I would rather have a built in mic, since I am on teamspeak a lot. I do not play a lot of COD or Dota, but when I do it is competitive for money, which is why I do not want headphones designed specifically for music. I am not an audiophile but I do like good quality music which is why I want a headset with 2 drivers instead of 6 or 8.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

I do like good quality music .

help us out describe the sound signature you are looking for, what music do you enjoy and what aspect of that sound do you value most.

if you are playing COD and have cash on the line. you really need to get a headphone and not a headset with proper soundstage I can't tell you how many times I've gotten the jump on people with my AD700's it is a higher accuracy of directionality I got than my multiple versions of turtle beaches.

I mostly listen to house, progressive trance and hardstep. I wouldnt be able to tell you what aspect I value the most.I like Analytical, treble, Highs, Deep bass and depth.

Deep bass and depth.

I don't think you are going to get analytical sound with any current headsets but if you picked the G930 for the wireless convenience did you consider the corsair vengeance 2000. the V2K has 50mm drivers as opposed to the G930's 40mm

even though I do own headphones I am using my V2K for EDM music. for COD the AD700 wins out by miles over the V2K, I take it getting the first shot off or ambushing isn't important? camper? lol

Ah! The V2K was my original choice! A few people complained about the mic quality so I did not really want to get it. My playing style is flanking, which is why I do not need the best gaming headset. I see them before I hear them :D

have you considered the corsair 1500 or 2000? they are good sounding headphones with mic and USB for ur conections

have you considered the corsair 1500 or 2000? they are good sounding headphones with mic and USB for ur conections
Please read through the Post...

Ah! The V2K was my original choice! A few people complained about the mic quality so I did not really want to get it.

oh wow i did read it but didn't realize what it meant

here's a link to shitty, hastily done commentary I did to SWTOR training using the V2K mic. I recorded my voice overs in 3 different sessions and forgot to pay attention to levels after 2:40 @1:20 is what it sounds like over vent/teamspeak.

Wow that actually sounds pretty good. Hilarious intro btw.