PC not giving any display

Xquisite

So I bought a new R9 270 today and a new PSU along with it. I needed to upgrade my crappy system so I decided on this. It had an old GT 440 in it. Okay so I changed the PSU and gave it a test boot. It booted fine.

Then I changed out the GPU with the new one and won't give any display, by that I mean it has a black screen, and doesn't do anything. It's a gigabyte R9 270 and I noticed when I turn it on the fans don't turn on that very moment, they take 5 seconds or so and then start to spin.

My crappy PC

CPU: i3-2120

Motherboard: Intel DH61ww

RAM: Some kingston 4GB @1333MHz

I swapped out the card with the old one and everything worked. But when I swap in the new one the screen just stays black when I press the power button. I think I'm just being paranoid, but does this matter? The card below is the new one and atop is my old one. It has less of those shiny golden things on the

PCI-E connector.

8016115849e65bf05b8df3a5a0a33505.jpg

I've tried connecting my card to the TV via HDMI.

I've tried reseating the card several times.

I've cleared the CMOS by taking out the cell from the motherboard for a few minutes and then putting it back in. And another thing, I use a dvi to vga converter to drive my display, as it's an oldie and the dvi port is faulty.

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

are gpu power connector connected at the top of gpu? or it might be that your psu cant handle the card?!

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

i think it might be that your motherboard or cpu isnt compatible with ur gpu i would test it in another pc if u have access to a friends or somethin

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

are gpu power connector connected at the top of gpu? or it might be that your psu cant handle the card?!

Yes, I have the power connectors at the top and they're plugged in. No, I bought a new PSU. It's a CM 550W Elite. It's working fine at the moment with the old GFX card. 

i think it might be that your motherboard or cpu isnt compatible with ur gpu i would test it in another pc if u have access to a friends or somethin

Could it be? I don't know really.. I've never heard of that. My motherboard has PCI-E Gen 2 and the Card is Gen 3. But it's supposed to be fine and is backwards compatible. 

I don't have another PC or a friend's PC around here :/

EDIT: Nope. Motherboard and CPU are compatible. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.