Sony Xperia Z3 to have 2 Day Battery

While there have been posts about the Xperia Z3 coming out, I haven't seen any posts toting battery life of 4 days on ultra Stamina mode on the Z3 compact. After watching this week's WAN show and the talking about 2 day battery life, and no companies coming out with multi-day battery life. The Xperia Z3 as per the tests done by PhoneArena, rate the Z3 (Full size) as having 9 1/2 hours of real world battery life without using stamina mode, and the Z3 Compact as having 10 hours of real world battery life.
955f485e36.png

With figures like these, the Z3 will very likely be my next phone.

Source: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact battery life test results: the new champ welcomes us to the era of 'two-day' battery life

EDIT: Forget Source

EDIT #2: PhoneArena creditable source, removed "Alleged from post"

So...some guys actually tested the battery of the phone and it's still "alleged"?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

-snip-

Welcome to the forums! You should follow your threads so we do not have to quote your first post on it. Also could you provide the source where you got this from? Thanks!

If these are legit, it'll make me want AT&T to have Sony products again.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'm owning a Z2 and with enabled stamina modus I easily get 2 days of battery life out of it, often even 3 days. Since the the main features didn't really change all that much to the Z3 I'm expecting that this graphs are indeed legit.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

I'm alleging that it's utter bullshit and will last a day under heavy useage like all the other smartphones that use the same battery technology.

I own the z3 compact and can confirm that it does get 2 day battery on stamina mode. Loving the phone so far.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Two days is fairly normal from what I've seen with my Z3 Compact. Of course it'll dip when it's used constantly, which is what the graph in OP's post suggests. 

kIrDII1.gif

Xperia Z1 user here, while having a smaller battery, with stamina mode I can easily get 2 days of normal use provided that I'm not surfing the Web straight for 3 hours.

Xperia Z3 will probably be even better so the graphs seem legit .

So...some guys actually tested the battery of the phone and it's still "alleged"?

I said "alleged" because PhoneArena is the only site that tested the battery life of it that I found, and I've never heard of them before, if anyone can find a more reputable site I'll post it in the OP or if you can confirm that PhoneArena is reputable.

I'm alleging that it's utter bullshit and will last a day under heavy useage like all the other smartphones that use the same battery technology.

Except this isn't alleging it will last 2 days under heavy use. They specifically state "typical real life usage". That's average use, not heavy.

I said "alleged" because PhoneArena is the only site that tested the battery life of it that I found, and I've never heard of them before, if anyone can find a more reputable site I'll post it in the OP or if you can confirm that PhoneArena is reputable.

Phone Arena is a really trusted and known site for phone reviews, gsmarena is also quite good and provide battery tests:

http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

It did pretty good even though stamina mode was off:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-xperia-z3-battery-life/

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I have seen many many reviews metoning that they had now problem getting two full days out of the phone when testing it, and that was without stamina mode

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

My HTC One M8 so far lasting 1 day 13 hours before need it to recharge. The only thing I mostly use my phone for is texting. that's all.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I have the Z3 and i can say to you yes it can hold for 2 days good use, I have even gotten lasted 5 days with only a few times INTERNET use :) great phone :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

-snip-

Natalia <3

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Looks good, but it's still way too expensive for me, especially since 5.2" means I'll also need a tablet or e-reader.

• 7 months later...

i updated my xperia z3  to lollipop (5.0.2) nw the battery drains quickly. In just one night i lost 10% of battery for nothing. :(

Xperia Z user here, it's battery is quite ok, list most of phones. If I'd want, I could burn entire battery in 2h or so, without any games also. But like I said, it lasts like most good smartphones.

Won't care much for any other news about batteries until someone comes up with new type of battery that can last like a week with usage or something. We seriously need new battery tech.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

mods pls lock thread

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

z3 compact user, awesome phone, couldnt be more happy

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i updated my xperia z3  to lollipop (5.0.2) nw the battery drains quickly. In just one night i lost 10% of battery for nothing. :(

Xperia Z user here, it's battery is quite ok, list most of phones. If I'd want, I could burn entire battery in 2h or so, without any games also. But like I said, it lasts like most good smartphones.

Won't care much for any other news about batteries until someone comes up with new type of battery that can last like a week with usage or something. We seriously need new battery tech.

z3 compact user, awesome phone, couldnt be more happy

Please do not necro threads. 

"Rawr XD"