Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuckyByte

Different betw. 144hz @60Fps and 60hz @over60fps (gaming)

Posted · Original PosterOP

I guess the titel says everything, couldnt find another topic like this.

Sorry if there is one.

My main question is which one would be smoother or if there is a different

144hz at 60fps

Usually over 60fps on a 60hz panel will look worse than 60fps on 60hz panel.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

There's no difference beyond 60fps using a 60hz monitor. 

Case: Corsair Air 540; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 5; CPU: i7 7700K @ 5GHzCooler: NZXT Kraken X61; RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz; Graphics Card: GTX 1080TI FE; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB;Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (MX Blue); Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones: Sennheiser HD600; HiFiMan HE400i / Sundara ; Amp: Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The 60hz monitor can't display more than 60 fps, so theoretically they are the same, however the 60hz monitor is more likely to get some tearing. But why are you asking? If your pc can do more than 60fps it can do so both on a 60hz monitor and a 144hz one.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

There is some difference, you can feel the mouse input lag more with 60fps than with 240fps even with 60hz monitor.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX760, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.

If you want rich colors in your games and look good get PLS panel they always run 60hz (Hair look really black)

144HZ are TN panel but issue with TN the color doesn't look no wear close to PLS some times Black hair will kinda look gray 

There is some difference, you can feel the mouse input lag more with 60fps than with 240fps even with 60hz monitor.

Wat

Case: Corsair Air 540; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 5; CPU: i7 7700K @ 5GHzCooler: NZXT Kraken X61; RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz; Graphics Card: GTX 1080TI FE; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB;Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (MX Blue); Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones: Sennheiser HD600; HiFiMan HE400i / Sundara ; Amp: Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What about tearing?

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

60fps at 60hz would be a ideal condition.

60+ at 60hz would cause tearing, while not being any smoother than 60 fps, just makes the image look worse.

60fps at 144hz would be smooth, a lot more smooth since even with the little jumps up to 100fps it will still look smooth.

144fps at 144hz is the smoothest you can get, but from my experience 144hz makes the color look too washed out on TN so I think 120hz is a better option. (It's even worse on a overclocked IPS panel @ 85+hz)

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Wat

When you have 240fps and 60fps you get few ms fresher frames all the time and it feels better. I can feel it in csgo after a while, at the beginning I couldn't but once I got used to it it's noticeable.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX760, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.